The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Damage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damage
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2017 09:06 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
A customer was in this morning & said he went for a Sunday drive & snapped some photos & put on flickr. It gives an idea of our winter.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dandykema/31843190873/in/photostream/

[ February 02, 2017, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2017 10:33 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There are a number of reasons why I live in Arizona.
That's one of them.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2017 11:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sure!

Let me tell you about the time I used my cousin's place in Morman Lake, Arizona

This was a single wide 35 foot mobile home and the key was under the mat. The snow drifts was higher than the roof, and Morman Lake is just about the same elevation as Denver.

Using a borrowed snow shovel, it still took a couple hours to carve out the shape of the door and the steps.

Did I mention this was in Arizona? Regardless, I'm starting to get a negative feeling about that Oregon/Idaho border area.

This is why I live in The People's Republik. (did I really say that?)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2017 01:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I submit that the worst place in Arizona is still better than the best place in Calif. given the political situation.

We have something like seven of the eleven life zones here. Something for everyone and once Calif. slides into the ocean we'll even have beachfront property. Could happen any day now.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2017 11:11 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang!! Mucho outbuildings el squashifiedo!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted February 03, 2017 05:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, your Spinach is excellent.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: hey ko ko, I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona has 12 of the eleven climate zones?

[ February 03, 2017, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2017 01:22 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the Oregon/Idaho border got hammered for sure ! It seemed like Ontario & anywhere 20 miles around got shit on..It's weird almost like a storm cell, just camped on top of us a few times.

The building destruction is just mind blowing. Just pick a direction & drive somewhere, this barn is down, that shed is down. It goes on & on.

This last storm missed us somehow ? only got a "sciff" they were saying 6"12" whew !!

My thermometer & the back of the house shows 45 degrees !! Damn it's been awhile..

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2017 04:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
One time we were staying in a motel very close to the Mexican border. Walked down to the office to buy a coke from a machine. Picture an L shaped row and we were in the extreme last room. On the way back, it suddenly started pouring and although I ran as fast as I could, I got drenched. As suddenly as it started, it stopped just as fast, just as I got to our room. Pat, laying there on the bed, couldn't figure out what I was doing, and why I was soaked? It was like I jumped in the pool fully clothed. I had a hard time believing it, myself! Of course, the temperature was over 100degrees.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2017 06:08 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I believe ya Leonard. It was like this last storm 2 1/2 weeks ago. It dumped about a foot in a few hours.

Weather can be weird for sure..

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters