The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Shot Show Updates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shot Show Updates
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2017 07:37 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/category/shot-show-2017/

Colt Cobra:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/classic-reborn-colts-cobra-38-special-snubbie-shot-show-2017/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20170118_SHOT17_2&utm_campaign=/blog/classic-reborn-colts -cobra-38-special-snubbie-shot-show-2017/

[ January 18, 2017, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 02:02 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Well this thread was a big hit.

Lol..

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 02:13 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries! I have been getting updates from one of my customers that is there. I have been drooling since Monday!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 02:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I own a Python but carry a Ruger LCP.
Hopefully, Colt will survive their business problems. They're known for quality products.
Hell...........at one time ('bout a hundred years ago) they even made a decent recurve bow.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7504 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Awful difficult to get excited about a Colt revolver, although I wish I had acquired a few pythons back in the day, I could turn a pretty profit about now?
For anyone who actually uses and appreciates a revolver, Colt isn't the first revolver that comes to mind. They have a notoriously piss poor action, a cylinder release latch that is ass backwards for any kind of speedy reload and a damned cylinder that turns backwards!

Posts: 1592 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the backwards cylinder rotation and the rear pulling release.

I like the Colt mystique though.

Thanks guys..

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2017 06:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As little I know about revolvers, I didn't know that anybody else felt the same way about the two features mentioned above. The Ruger and Smith are so much more user friendly, especially that stupid latch which is ass backwards. I always thought all Colt's were admired more for some mystic than valid reason.

What's more, I have never owned one, (except my Combat Commander) but this snake bullshit is way overdone. Fit and finish is adequate though.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31307 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2017 05:47 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Well....don't know anything on the hand gun front, but Nosler released a new cartridge, the 22 Nosler. Lb, they must have been listening.....it brags of velocities greater than 223, but can still be run in an ar15 platform....mag change is all thats needed.

I wonder what it would be like necked down to .20 caliber?

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2017 06:50 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Requires new upper as well according to the release I read.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2017 07:22 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
My understanding too as well Lance, but kinda took that for granted being it would require new chambering. Would there need to be mods to the upper receiver? I know bolt face is the same.

[ January 20, 2017, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: CrossJ ]

--------------------

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2017 03:12 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the advantage to the new Nosler round?

Anybody have ballistics on it?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2017 07:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not me? If it's on any type of AR platform, I'm not interested. There are already plenty of chambering available for that type of firearm, it's not like the world has been waiting for the Second Coming.

Okay, a faster 22 caliber, <yawn> don't they already chamber for the 22-250Remington? Who needs more than that in an AR? Actually, I'm not sure of that? Who knows?

Besides, I live in The people's republik, we can't have that stuff anymore.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 08:07 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Well hell.....I was positive an improvement over the .223 for an AR would just scream "Lb"....besides, I thought you were moving to Az.....Vic said he left you some bologna.

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 04:41 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
the .22Nosler is basically a modified/necked down 6.8 SPC. With the main exception being, a rebated rim that allows for use with a .378" (.223 based) boltface. Without the rebated rim, that case would require a .423 boltface, same as the 6.8SPC, 6.5Grendel, 6WOA, and all of DTECH's "DTI" wildcats...

Based on capacity alone, reckon the .22Nosler would fall somewhere between the .223AI and .22-250 in performance.

After having shot a "DTI" wildcat AR-15 for a while, I came of the opinion that 6.8SPC sized cases were more suited to the AR-15, than the .223 sized cases were. In that regard, Nosler might be onto something?

Agree with Geordie, would sooner neck that bitch down to .20 cal, and let it eat! Likely because, the .22-243AI has fuckin' ruined me for anything smaller in .224 caliber...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 08:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that baby really screams LB! I'm sorry, and an old foggie but I can't get excited about AR's, or even the Sig. version, if Victor is listening?

quote:
Agree with Geordie, would sooner neck that bitch down to .20 cal, and let it eat! Likely because, the .22-243AI has fuckin' ruined me for anything smaller in .224 caliber...
Yes, I could say that too, since I have been using the 22-243Midd for quite a while now.

HOWEVER, let me tell you, since I own a couple, that there ain't NO flies on a nice 22-250Ackley, properly configured. I say that because with the right powder, I can get a 22-250AI to perform right up there with any improved 22-243 and do it with 4 grains less powder. I don't believe there is a better (all around) coyote cartridge on the planet than the 22-250Ackley; it get's my vote.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS go ahead Fred, I can't wait to hear it! lol

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2017 08:33 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not interested in 'cattin' that Nosler. If I did build another .20 cal, it'd be a 5x45AI (.20-223 Improved 40°)

P.S. sidetrack:
Going to re-visit the .22-243AI with a slow(er) 1:12 twist barrel, and see how fast it'll throw a 60gr JLK. Better make at least 4150 from a 26" tube, or I'll be disappointed! Hoping for 4250+, from oodles of RL-17. We'll see...

[ January 25, 2017, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 06:24 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Do it Fred!

Works for you, I might even be tempted to dip my toe again.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2017 07:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Right.... Right.

For some of us, there's no cure and no hope. Always building, redesigning the "Dream". See, everybody has a dream rifle, in their head. It has to be damn near the most individualistic concept in the shooting sports. And, like fingerprints; no two are alike.

I'm recovering nicely, BTW. (just kidding) [Smile] don't mean to be throwing cold water, but the good thing is, it has no effect anyway. I recognize the symptoms. Yup, no cure. Short of going broke, anyway.

But, let's say you get 4250 from a 60r. JLK, will that double your total kill? Or, will you kill 3 more 600 yard coyotes over last year? Justify. Like Edison testing 1000 different filaments for the now obsolete? incandescent lightbulb. Those 999 weren't failures, he just proved another item that wouldn't work. Which is just like the dream rifle concept, only different. They ALL work! More or less.

I think there is some validity in the slow(er) twist concept. From two perspectives, extended barrel life, and the other one, I forget? Oh yeah, right up to the ragged edge of accuracy potential, just enough spin; the porridge can't be too hot and it can't be too cold. It must be just right.

Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. GO FRED, GO !

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters