The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Snow Goats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snow Goats
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2017 07:00 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, sniffin' round the ole milk barn.
 -
I wish, I could find the one of him on top of the snow pile !!
 -

Sorry for the crappy pics. Taken from a flip-cell phone. Don't tell Vic. I broke down & got a cell about a month ago. Of course that still has me years behind the times !!
Sophie, hangin' out
 -

Together as always !!
 -

[ January 13, 2017, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 08:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You never had a personal phone and decide to get a flip phone? Cheaper, or what? I think you can get the iPhone I'm using for a dollar if you sign a two year contract? Far better than any flip phone, which is why they call them "smart phones".

Dorathee told me once that Vic wasn't being entirely truthful, he does have a phone. I'm not sure what type it is and wasn't that curious to find out, but he has one. I'm sure she uses it to tell him to pick up some milk on the way home. He's as domesticated as the rest of us.

I had my first phone because my wife bought it, an analog phone that looked a lot like the wireless phones we all use around the house. She decided that the remote places we were getting in to, she thought I needed some way to (you know) send for help.

Of course, ol' Tom took the concept to extremes, he packed a damned suitcase with a radio in it that could contact airplanes on "Guard" frequency. Of course, we never used it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 01:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope no desire for a "smart phone" no matter how smart they may or may not be ? In fact, I bought the beefiest most expensive flip phone they had.

Why ? because it has large buttons. I don't like that swipe shit. I don't want email or internet. The camera feature is nice though. All, I wanted.

See my landline here sucks !! This cell phone is now my landline. Verizon my family is on that, free Verizon-Verizon & weekends to others are free.

It sits on the counter. I'll take on road trips & that's it. Just got back from town shopping. Left the bastard on the counter. I won't be a slave to a phone..

I spend 9 hours a day on a computer or on the phone, usually dealing with other peoples problems.

Anyway that's my thought ? right wrong or otherwise. I've told my work the same thing as typed above. Just because I have a simple phone now. I ain't takin' it outside with me ect..

Trust me they'll call ya weekends, nights to do favors & shit if they think they can.

I'm in to simple-simple-simple [Wink]

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 01:32 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Those goats look delicious!
Anyways, yeah...Ive been on call for 20 years, and it blows. Theres always a smartass that wants to call you in for stupid shit they should have showed up for a half hour ago...when you were open.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 01:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm on call every third week & it sucks for sure. What, I'm talking about is guys calling your personal cell to get a hold of ya when your not on call.

We have a guy that lives a ways away & is sketchy about answering. That's part of why I refuse to carry a personal cell phone all the time. I had a way out with the land line. I mean it's not a huge deal. But, it happens.

Don't get me started about after hours service not answering !! Fuck if the alarm goes off for some reason @ work the security company calls the after hours parts guy ? The bosses all live away from here, that's part of what I mean by favors.

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 02:24 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol alarm calls...yes. We used to have the on call guy answer all alarm calls but now we have managers do it mostly. Ive had cops draw down on me cause I showed up a little before them back in the day.

Im not on call nowdays..(well actually I am cause Im a friggen manager, always on call)...but when I was, the on call guys at one of our other stores would never answer the pager, so they always called me at home or on my cell. I always got roped into going down to the store. Bastards.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2017 06:55 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, how could those goats look delicious ?

Come on man !!

Ok, serious. My Mennonite neighbor has meat goats. Boers, mine are dairy goats..Whew !!

I'm not sure who the hell eats goats ? Jews ? I'll ask him. My goats are pets obviously. Goats are smarter than what ya think. Mine are anyway...Lol

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2017 06:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Messicans eat them, for sure.

Looks like they are just past the "cute" stage? Are they fixed? Can they deal with a coyote, if they have to?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS good to know we have such dedicated customer service employees for members. Nobody else has any?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2017 08:30 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I know Jews won't eat pork, because a pig doesn't chew it's cud. Goats & cows do. Mexicans will eat anything..lol

Yeah my goats are almost 10 months old now. They really furred up I can't believe how furry they are. Guess they knew it was gonna be a rough winter !!

Every once in a while we hear coyotes howling in the field behind us. I've seen tracks around the goat pen & even the house. Two weeks ago the wife went out to warm up the car 7am or so & a coyote was standing there between the house & barn.

I kinda worry about coyotes, I have my goats pretty secure now. My neighbor says he's never had problems. He has a big outside dog though. That's next on the list. I haven't got one yet because every dang dog I've owned seems like it want's to run off ? You know they get a wiff of something there they go ?

[ January 15, 2017, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2017 11:46 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah hispanics eat em. They raise em and let thier kids give them names and stuff then one day BAM! Goat stew. (my wife is hispanic so I know)
Mark

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a guy here in town that raises whatever type of goats that hunters use to pack in with? I dont remember the name but they are cool. He rents em out, or at least he used to.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2017 02:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know about goat rentals but I have been aware for quite some time that up in the Owens Valley, Bishop, Independence, etc. that they rent llamas as pack animals. I think they can carry as much as a mule, without the attitude. Maybe it was donkey's?

As far as eating goats, it would pretty much have to be a stew rather than steaks, because I heard they are not exactly tender vittles. But, when a culture gets into disgusting stuff like Cabeza Tacos, just about anything could be on the menu, including cute little goats.

On the hogs/pigs and Hebrew law, as far as I know, and that's not all that much? But the restriction is about so called "cloven hoofed" beasts. I never heard it attributed to chewing a cud?

Seems like Jews and Muslims have something in common with prohibition against eating pork. There again, I always thought it was basically a fear of contracting triganosis, rather than the blanket foul and disgusting animal attitude of the muslims.

I used to work with a guy from Iran. I never asked him about his religion but he was a very enthusiastic hunter of Wild Boar, using their Salukis and shotguns, since they weren't allowed rifles. Must have been a minority ethnic group, because I don't think he was muslim? Whatever.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters