The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Kalifornia flash floods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kalifornia flash floods
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2017 09:37 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they say it's rained like 3 to 4 inches here on the valley floor in places, and up to 8 inches in the hills. Flash flood warnings on tv all day yesterday. Still have a couple days of rain to go.
Be careful what you wish for.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2017 01:10 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay dry buddy!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2017 01:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple good "flash flood" stories. They are no joke.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2017 08:15 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't you guys been in a 20 year drought or something like that? Will the rain restock any low lakes or anything good?

Flash flood stories sound pretty interesting to me. Maybe start a new thread?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 09, 2017 07:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It started with a huge, (and I mean huge) thunderclap about 3:30 this morning, been raining ever since. Forecast is rain next four days, isn't that cheerful? But, don't forget to conserve water and we still have GLOBAL WARMING and mysterious CLIMATE CHANGE which is manifested in just about ANY weather related event that you can imagine; spring, summer, dawn, sundown, etc. This is serious, we need to worry about this shit!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2017 05:49 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I went to work this morning & came home sick. Slept 4-5 hours & went to work, shoveling & doing the best I can, to remove snow from the roof.

You can't be sick. Storms keep coming & coming..

Rain down there, usually means snow up here. Hey, Mark. Do you guys have any crops in the field this time of year ?

I've heard some areas are two crops a year ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2017 06:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
No row crop really..oranges that freeze to death and pistachios still being harvested. We do farm year round kinda, corn every 90 days pretty much cept right now, hay almost year round. Gotta feed those damn dairy cows. Will be planting cotton soon.
Remodeling our store right now. Skipping the Farm Show in Feb. We got such a mess!

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2017 08:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand we get four crops of strawberries a year, in this area. Some longer than others.

That's all I know? We don't do row crops around here, a few citrus groves. Hell, the whole city of Upland used to be planted in Eureka Lemons. Still plenty around, you can't sell Lemons here, everybody has at least one tree. Eureka's have thicker rind than the Meyers, withstand the chilly winters better because we do get frost. Got a Barsness Lime, too. Apparently I didn't spell that right?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 04:08 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
It started with a huge, (and I mean huge) thunderclap about 3:30 this morning, been raining ever since. Forecast is rain next four days, isn't that cheerful? But, don't forget to conserve water and we still have GLOBAL WARMING and mysterious CLIMATE CHANGE which is manifested in just about ANY weather related event that you can imagine; spring, summer, dawn, sundown, etc. This is serious, we need to worry about this shit!

Good hunting. El Bee

I'm worrying about this shit as I type.LOL

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 06:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Somebody has to do it!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 01:09 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Raining all day they say we'll get 1/2" I guess it's better than snow ? could be a real shit-show tonight when it cools down. 34 now..

[ January 10, 2017, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 01:53 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Rained all day yesterday snow tonight rain tomorrow lot freaking moisture in the air its either el nino or Algore !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 06:17 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll tell ya this is the worst winter in the 34 years, I've lived here.

I want to give a plug for quality wool wear though. I've spent several 1/2 days in snowstorms & cycled thru plenty of gear, to stay warm & dry.

I have know idea what the Filson Co is now days. Most of my gear was bought in the 90's

My wool Mackinaw Cruiser & Mackinaw cap, have endured packed snow & even rain. I never got wet.

I did have to drip dry 'em in the mud room & transition to the front of the fireplace to dry out.

If, Filson is what it used to be. A big thunbs up from me..This winter has me thinking about gear & maybe adding some ?

[ January 10, 2017, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2017 06:26 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Dave, you guys got rain today?

Been snowing here much of the day. Big heavy, wet flakes.

Speaking of gear. I'm kind of a glove whore and this winter with shoveling snow, putting on chains, etc.. I'm remembering how much I like the Chilly Grip gloves. Cheap, good grip and found they hold out moisture pretty darn well.

I need more.

[ January 10, 2017, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I suddenly recall, I didn't get a catalogue from Filson, this year! Boy, do they make quality stuff! If you can afford it?

Last year, I remember, they had stuff so special, (wool coats and Tin Cloth) you could buy them in presentation wood boxes. When they start putting clothing in presentation wood boxes, it's getting too rich for my blood.

I's sure like to have one of those Cruiser Double Mackinaw Buffalo plaid coats. That's an Heirloom, for sure.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2017 01:33 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in search of good gloves also Lonny. I have a pile of wet ones in the mud room.

Things are starting to get crazy here. Flood alerts & warnings.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/ontario-declares-state-of-emergency/385269452

(edit) I'd love a double mack $465 ouch !! I think, I paid $180 for my single & that seemed like a ton back then !!

[ January 11, 2017, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters