The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Weather
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 05:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess what? I woke up to rain again this morning. I'm sure to have a very good crop of weeds since my damned grass died from the drought. I got two estimates so far, both very reasonable/HAH. $30,000 and $7,000.

I think it would have been far cheaper to water my grass to keep it from dying....AND PAY THE THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE !

I'm expecting city inspectors in another month warning me about weed abatement.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 05:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Raining here supposed to snow around 5 PM and continue for four days. I hate the mud when it thaws yuck !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 05:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and of course, be careful of the well preserved dog shit that accompanies the thaw. As a lad in Minnesota, I was in charge of the shovel. Last dog I had, self trained to poop in the crushed lava. Really blended in. Lucky break, because a shovel is pretty much useless in such conditions.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 07:55 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a foot between yesterday afternoon & last night...Joy.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Started snowing already!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 08:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey El Bee;
If you want to have sport with the Inspectors when they show up, inquire about plumbing your grey water into your sprinkler system.
Major violation.
Gasp !!!!!!
Many City Codes.
Health Dept. to be notified.
Fines if implemented.
Possible jail time.
Now read this brochure provided to you by The City on water conservation and cease with the radical thoughts.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 09:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a rental that plumbed the drain water from the washing machine out into the back yard, then moved it around occasionally. I guess the phosphates have nutrients? I never inquired if it was legal but there were inspections when I bought it and when I sold it and never a peep.

I have no lawn in the back, it's all concrete, cactus and lava. It's the front that suffered from the drought. Big time. Assholes!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 10:12 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another benefit of living rural. I can turn every fucking faucet on the place, full blast on and leave it that way for a week if I choose. The only fine I incur will be the electric bill.
Hell; the only permit Ive ever acquired was for my house, everything else, ,I just built....fuck em.
You need to get out of there Leonard, I don't know how you square living there any more?

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 19, 2017 10:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it and am properly chastised. Dave's on board, will you help me move? Full disclosure; it involves stepping foot in The People's Republik.

I have to quit yakking about it and start DOING something about it. Is JH's place on the market? Don's?

How about your do nothing freeloader that won't even keep the grass chopped down? Hell, I can make baloney sandwiches as good as the next guy; pass the Miracle Whip.

My resume is in the mail. But, maybe you better lock up all the vulnerable widows in McNeal, it won't be safe no more!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 12:12 PM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I did hear rumor that JH place will be for sale soon. I could help you clean it up. I think I still have that 5 gallons of diesel somewhere....

Lot to be said for country living, never did see much appeal for living in town but to each their own.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2017 06:37 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would JH'S house be for sale? Did I miss something while I was away?

CG...first board I ever got banned from.....it hurts my feelings... [Frown]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2017 06:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! Danny. Have you missed the scuttlebutt! Not least of which, the original Coyote God is back where he came from, no more heep big AZ cowboy. I believe that's Pennsylvania, but not positive?

Besides that, the Board has been shut down for several years and Don took care of it the last few, not our hero.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS There's a couple locals that could fill us in a lot better if they had a mind.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 21, 2017 07:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! Sun's out this morning! How'd that happen?

edit: regarding The Coyote Gods. When they first built it, Bruce Kennedy, (the man that actually did the work) invited me to join and I made the application. The next day, he sheepishly informed me that John Henry had a shit fit over it and so he told me that my membership wasn't approved by "management".

That's the way it was until Don, (who took over the Board after JH lost interest) invited me to join, and I did. But, I never made a post.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 21, 2017, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2017 07:40 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
'cause all your rain came over here.
Came down last night like a cow pissin' on a flat rock.
Snow's pretty low on the mountain, too.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 21, 2017 10:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know about that, Partner. The highest mountain in Southern California is right in my backyard. Mount Baldy, (12,000', or so) is covered in white stuff. That's kinda why they call this Upland.

But right now, clear skies. I can dig it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2017 10:48 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hold tight LB..
http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/strongest-storm-in-7-years-could-hit-la-tonight-flooding-mudslides-crippling-snow-feared/ar-AAm5Ugw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2017 08:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh huh, it's been raining steady since I got up this morning. More "cabin fever" coming my way. People in SoCal do not go out in the rain if they can help it. They might melt.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2017 08:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Melt, Hell !!!!!
NOBODY in So. Cal. knows how to drive in the rain.
Vehicle fluids drip / leak onto the streets all summer long and the rains float it all up.
Fender-Bender city with everybody claiming "It was NOT my fault......I was driving the speed limit".

Don't know how I lived there as long as I did.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2017 10:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Some truth. Grumpy old man!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2017 09:42 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile buildings continue to fall left & right around here.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/well-known-payette-bar-collapses-under-heavy-snow/389962531

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2017 01:23 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Looks like you have been getting a bunch of snow, Dave!

Hope the goats are warm!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 07:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking ol' Dave has them goats as a foot warmer when going to bed. Come on Dave, let's hear about it. Can't let them critters get cold outside!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 09:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If you are cold they are cold bring em in a warm them up along with some mashed potatoes and gravy.
Just kidding Dave I know they are pets. I have had many goats mostly as dairy became quite attached to them.
on a weather note still snowing here supposed to stop today and have clear skies tomorrow.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 10:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Partly cloudy, sun's been out but it's colder than hell this morning. It was 38, now it's 48. That's pretty cold for here. We haven't had any frost, yet.

I see that it's 31 in Ash Fork, wow! 11 deg tomorrow!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2017 03:17 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Goats are as cozy as I can get 'em..250 watt heat lamp & lots of straw in the goat shed. I was worried on the -21 night & almost brought 'em in the mud room, but, they got thru.

Another -20 night. Screw it they're comin' in !!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters