The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Weather
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 07:48 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's that time of year I suppose. Anything interesting going on yet, wherever home is ?

I've got 6"-7" of snow @ my place & we got a layer of freezing rain last night. Was going to go to town & get tires for the pickup today.

I'll go test the roads in a bit. Oh' BTW my goats don't seem too thrilled with the white stuff, Lol

[ December 10, 2016, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 12:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got 'V' shaped tan lines on my feet from wearing flip-flops around the place.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 12:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not too thrilled? You mean they're still in bed?

Just thought of something funny. You know all animals can be pretty funny sometimes. My bird Pinky went with me to my daughter's for Thanksgiving. (getting to the funny part)

So, there was her female Pug, little dog with a kinda monkey face, and you had to wonder what was going through her little mind when Pinky was barking at her. Yes, Pinky knows about maybe a dozen actual words, but is a pretty good mimic, like the door bell and the telephone, stuff like that. But he cracks me up when he gets to barking when he hears a dog in the neighborhood. He seems very proud of himself. But, he runs it into the ground; SHUT THE FUCK UP !

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Pinky barks ? Lol..Nope not in bed. The wife keeps saying somewhat teasing ? They need to come inside.

Well, put a heat lamp out in their house. Good enough for spoiled goats, I suppose ?

My road was a sheet of ice this morning. Went to town, skipped tires, bought a few bags of ice melt & sand for the driveway ect. Spent a few hours outside. I'm tired, lunch is cookin' then a nap [Smile]

Koko you suck [Big Grin]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard that there are a few animals you can house broke, break, whatever you call it? They say a Potbelly pig can be trained to go potty outside, so maybe you can do that with goats, they're kinda alike, ain't they?

Pinky? Don't even ask. He dumps whenever and wherever he is.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 02:31 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2016 08:16 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
You might be right Leonard ? I need to clean the goat house tomorrow. Seems like they poop in the corner mostly ? I need to pay more attention.

Outside they poop @ will !! This crust on the snow has 'em baffled, they want to run & can't !!

Good times in the N.P.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2016 07:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kinda where my observational skills need honing? Whereas cattle seem to shit anywhere, horses like to back up in a corner of a pasture, consistently. I think? Them goats are usually smarter than cows and that's one step on the road to civilization; where's the Latrine?

To illustrate, in South Africa, the government built bunch of "Long Drop" outhouses for the Zinc shack people but they prefer to shit in the bush by the streams, fouling things downriver. Not their worry, since cleanup is easier, lacking paper goods. Well, Duh!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS "Zinc" is what they call corrugated steel roofing, a highly sought commodity all over Africa. You got zinc, you got the makings of a home.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2016 07:39 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
My old "milk barn" is "Zinc" as far as the exterior goes. Wooden walls & framing interior.

It's warmer than a guy might think ?

Laid a coat of "barn red paint" over that baby this summer & it looks good. I think anyway. It was probably built in the 50's 60's ?

I see bad weather in a lot of places. It looks like 6"-12" later this week. Then a few days of below zero. I could have it much worse though.

I had several tree branches snap off, spent a lot of time yesterday trimming & dragging limbs out back. Where's Koko ? I need help !!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2016 03:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Had guests in for Thanksgiving weekend the weather was great mid 60's they left Saturday, Sunday it snowed. We've had two snows not much couple of inches now its back to 60 in the day. its been in the 20's at night. Took the great nephews out for a little calling first stand the youngest 15 I think doubled on fox when his older brother's AR goes click. Took the older one out the following day for redemption got it done. What a treat seeing these young guys get their first predator. Dave if you bring the goats in to warm them up be sure to have lots of mashed potatoes and gravy. just funning .....

[ December 13, 2016, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2016 01:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave;
I would love to help but I just returned from a brutal calling trip.
Way out in the Wilderness. Probably 10 miles from the motel. The motel didn't even have room service or valet parking. Really primitive. We ate at a truck stop that had good food but no idea what a decent Martini is.
It felt good to rough it but thank Gawd my buddie's truck has air conditioning. We might not have survived out in the desert without it.
Back home at last but still need to drop the camo off at the Dry Cleaners.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2016 07:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me. A lot of my camo has never been washed. But, I would, if I thought it needed it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 07:42 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
here ya go, Dave!!!
 -

GOAT COATS!

you're welcome... [Big Grin]

[ December 14, 2016, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 08:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides that, ko ko, you talk about Martini's but until now, you have talked a lot about something called "everclear"? Have your tastes changed?

You still a Big Mac kind of guy? To me, they are totally inedible, as in, I practically strangled my girlfriend when she brought me one instead of what I requested; a quarter pounder. No, really. Whoever invented the Big Mac should be taken out and shot!

What about Taco Bell versus Del Taco? Yes, I know that's not "Mexican Food". I used to prefer Del Taco by a wide margin but lately, they actually suck! I'm going back to Taco Bell when I want real authentic imitation Mexican food. I can eat a half a dozen of their cheapest tacos when I'm in the mood.

Anybody notice that not only has it become impossible to find a decent Buritto, now even tacos are really hard to find, so many places have found that it's easy to fuck up a damned taco! Anybody notice that there is a distinct difference between California Mexican food and Arizona Mexican food?

We have a few places down in the middle of LA where you can get a damned burrito that would feed three normal adults, Either the Manual Special or the Hollenbeck, looks like a loaf of bread. This is the La Tapia (sp) right in City Terrace and across from a Catholic Church.. You can't get in there without waiting in line. The cooks use a frying pan that is at least 20 inches across and it's one frying pan for each burrito, chunks of beef and beans, (pinto, no damned black beans) if you want them, onions, and any kind of chiles you want. (hint, try the Anaheims) You really can't beat this food and the folks vote all day long, there's no slack period. I mean really, everybody deserves a burrito this good at least once in their life! Might as well get it wet because you sure as hell can't pick it up and chew on it; it's a knife and fork proposition. I don't even know where they get a flour tortilla that big? I should really take pictures. Damn, I need to make a special trip one of these days. It's fun to bring someone who has never been there, they will be talking about it long afterwards.

So, what else?
Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh yeah, get the grilled jalapinas

[ December 14, 2016, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 09:56 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
What !! running A/C in the pickup in December !!

All, I have to do is open the door [Eek!]

Fred, thanks bro..Wifey has been lookin' for coats.

Leonard your right. Ya can't find a decent burrito anymore, not fast food anyway. Stopped @ Taco Bell yesterday over in Ontario. Hadn't ate there in a while. Still sucks !! Yuck..

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 11:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minye! What Ontario? The one 1.5 miles south of me, here? Or, that Provence up in Canada? You got some 'splainin to do, Lucy.

edit: just incase you are in LA and need a burrito:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-tepeyac-cafe-los-angeles-3?osq=Restaurants

[ December 14, 2016, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 01:52 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, good ol' Ontario-Oregon. I didn't realize there was another ? [Wink]

Thanks for the link though. We usually go to Fiesta Guadalajara in Ontario [Razz]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 03:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't know there was another? I just googled Ontario, Oregon. Population 11,000.

Ontario, California has a population close to 200,000 making it one of the largest suburbs in Southern California, but there must be 20 or 30 of them in that range?

Good reason to stick with Ontario, Oregon, I'd say.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 04:04 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there ain't shit goin' on in Ontario. That's also, why I like it !!

As the crow flies, I'm right about 6 miles from Oregon & 8 miles from downtown Ontario. It's actually our hub city & largest city on this end of things.

Looks like, some shovel duty tonight..

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 05:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, shovel duty, snow watch. I imagine that's the talk of the town, tonight?

I noticed that Ontario is just barely in Oregon. I know that Washington people drive to Portland to buy stuff and thereby save sales tax. I imagine savy Idaho citizens are aware of the potential savings, especially when they are looking at $200,000 combines?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2016 07:49 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Leonard farm equipment is tax exempt as are parts. Vehicles are not & if you buy one in Oregon, ya wind up paying tax, if nothing else when it's license & registration time.

However Idaho people buy groceries. Home stuff, whatever & avoid the 6% Idaho sales tax. Ontario does have a Home Depot that's handy. Wally-Mart & a Farm Ranch store.

That's really about it though..Oh yeah a prison also, biggest employer around. I can see the lights from out back of my place.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2016 07:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great! Now you tell us! A prison right over there so when they get away, they can hide in your goat shed. Then, having just got out of prison, your goats will get raped by the Afghani's, frequently. Then they will hate you for not protecting them! Who could blame them? I mean the goats.

Let's hope it never happens. but consider an 8 ft. fence with razor and concertina wire around the whole place. One of those guard towers like they have in Africa ain't a bad idea either.

Google Kevin Cooper.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2016 02:08 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys' ramblings crack me up. But I am sometimes amazed. I'm a big mac guy all the way. That's my McDonalds meal, 2 big macs, no fries. Every time. As for mexican fast food, here it is Taco Johns. Taco Bell sucks. No comparison. True story, Taco Johns was started on a street corner in Cheyenne by of all things an out of work mexican sheep herder. Now it is quite a franchise, but probably hasn't got all the way to California. As for the weather here it was bad, down in the negative double digits (thats without windchill) last week. But I was in Vegas so I really didn't care. Tonight they are saying close to a foot of snow and high winds. Saturday temps will dip again to the -20 range. Windchills will be off the charts.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 15, 2016 02:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit, and I said I was considering Wyoming? Thanks for bringing me to my senses!

Now, is that snow straight down or blowing sideways?

Do not get me wrong. I know what Taco Bell is, and it ain't Mexican food, I know that. But, for what it is, it's better than Del Taco and that ain't much.

But, the La Tapayac in Los Angeles is the real deal, nobody would argue otherwise. Damn! I gotta go down there one of these days!

Did you know those guys that crashed?

Good hunting.El Bee

edit: now, if you click on that link to La Tapiayc (however you spell it) you will find that they definitely have Los Angeles Prices! I think that Manual Special that I mentioned is $19, but like somebody said in the comments, it will feed two people and still have some to take home. This is food you just can't describe, you have to experience it. Period.

[ December 15, 2016, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2016 05:27 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I did know them. I posted a somewhat incoherent and rambling couple of paragraphs in that thread.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters