The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » for koko

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for koko
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted December 05, 2016 11:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Deer sir,
Everything I have sent you in the past month has been returned.

Do you think you could adjust your filters just a bit?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2016 01:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try backing of on my spam filter since it doesn't catch anything, anyway.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 05, 2016 02:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The email you just sent was returned! No surprise. I thought maybe it involved unsolicited spam or something, but this was my reply to your email, received a short time ago.You have your spam filters screwed tighter than a Bull's ass in fly season!

Thanks, LB

edit: PS It makes me feel that much worse when you tell me that nobody else is having this problem!

[ December 05, 2016, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2016 05:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
?????

I changed the setting from high to low.
Even so, anything that you send should go into the spam file, I would think.
I'm not getting anything from you.

In the words of the philosopher Fudd; 'Something's screwy here'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2016 07:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
?????????????

Any better ??

[Confused]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 06, 2016 08:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh? was I supposed to do something? I'll keep you in suspense until tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed and your arrows dry. Or, powder, maybe? Whatever?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I don't send just anything, so you've missed some good shit with your stubbornness!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2016 04:19 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
koko,
there should be a mechanism in your email account that could add Leonard's email addy to a "safe" or "approved" status?

Once an email addy is marked "safe", it is immune to your spam filter settings...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 07, 2016 06:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He's in Arizona, where they don't have mechanisms due to the heat.

BTW, so far I don't have anything worthy of a forward, this morning. Standby, something's bound to show up.

BTW(2), if I have a mechanism like that, I don't know it? My spam filter "settings" seem to be on the order of, all or nothing?

Hey Fred, how do you feel, living in the second most fucked up state in the country? Sucks, huh?

BTW(3) I'm thinking of promoting you to "Technical Editor" but without the customary raise. It's tight, right now.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2016 10:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Be on the lookout, (BOLO)

I just sent you a forward about an important issue. Let's see if you get it?

edit: no such luck! You didn't do anything?

"This is the mail system at host omr-a003e.mx.aol.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<thecoyoteguy@cableone.net>: host mx.cableone.net[64.8.70.47] said: 554 5.7.1
[P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message. (in reply to end"

[ December 07, 2016, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Customers send me emails all the time @ work. Most go thru but route to clutter somehow ?

I have to constantly check it. BTW 10 degrees this morning. Brrrr

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2016 12:19 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
If you're trying to send an attachment via email, could be that is what's getting flagged as 'spam'?
Will a generic email message (sans attachment) go through? If so, the attachment is the hangup. Not really technically savvy with this stuff, just know enough to know that I don't know enough...

As for newyawk, ever since the election, things seem kinda chipper 'round these parts! Save for the special snowflake protests, which didn't affect anything to speak of. Not for me, anyway...

Actually lookin' forward to see if one of Trump's kids decides to flip the libtard applecart in NYC, and run for Mayor? Man, that'd be interesting!!! The present progressive-idiot-in-charge is ripe for the pickin', even the media is unkind to him (which is sayin' sumthin')...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2016 01:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You got me Fred! I said this would be the acid test; it was a cigar website with an attachment, for good measure.

But, understand, this isn't MY problem, it's his.

If I get a legit something, I'll try again but this was intentional mischief. But it proved one thing, he didn't remove his filters like he said he did.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2016 06:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is encouraging! I sent him something about 30 minutes ago and it hasn't been kicked back yet? Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks?

Stay tuned

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2016 08:19 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Having a couple of issues with the 'puter.
Regardless of my spam setting if it's marked as spam it 'should' go into the spam folder.
The whole system has been down for a 'connection' problem.
I'm working on getting my computer guy to come out and take a look at it.

Got a great one of Trump hosting a couple of guests in the Oval Office and another one on climate change.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2016 09:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Marvelous. But, did you get ANYTHING from me?

edit: BTW are you still running that 286 on windows 3.1

[ December 08, 2016, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2016 02:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the two that I mentioned were from you.

No idea what kind of windows I have. My computer guy does that stuff.

The WW2 photos with the bad text came thru, too.
Hopefully, my reply got to you.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2016 02:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rejoice citizens! And, there is joy in Mudville, Mighty Casey has struck out!

I'm telling ya, that feature that some people use where they put the text message in a long row of words, that's bad enough. But the article I sent to koko had even the individual "letters" in a long, endlessly long ridiculous and extremely aggravating message.

L
I
K
E
T
H
I
S
E
T
C

The bastard aught to be horse whipped!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ December 08, 2016, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters