The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » P-45 and 11 dead alpacas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: P-45 and 11 dead alpacas?
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2016 06:53 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw on the news where the mountain lion, "P-45" killed a flock of alpacas in California. There was footage showing some serious uproar at a public meeting about there being a kill permit issued for this cat.

Not to put Leonard and LH on the spot, but what is it like living in a state that seems so disconnected with common sense? I don't mean this to sound demeaning in any sort of way or disrespectful towards you guys.

I just wonder if my state, in my lifetime, will be that way someday? I know we have some goofy SOB's here already and it literally makes my stomach churn and blood pressure raise thinking about it..

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2016 09:45 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, it's just about indescribable. Although there are good people here, common sense is in short supply. Being born and raised here, with like 30 or 40 million people, you are exposed to many different kinds of attitudes , cultures and mindsets. I always count that as a good thing, as it sort of let's you see things from all points of view....but man...there are some far out people here.

It just gets harder and harder to face the day in a place with so many stupid people.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2016 05:23 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks LH.

I attended college late in life and had a chance to be around people from different mindsets and cultures and like you said, it was a good learning experience. It at least gave me some insight on how some people think. Hell, in a few cases, some of these people I would even consider friends.

As we move towards a more urban society, it has me wondering where things will be here (ID) in another 30-50 years?? I could see Idaho eventually going down the path of Washington and Oregon, where a couple large cities govern the whole state.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2016 07:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, brace yourself, it's coming to a town near you! Really. California is a bellwether state. Look at how Colorado is changing just because the population is centered in metropolitan Denver....Marijuana legalization being one indicator.
But look. It's the strong tendency of Liberals to have no tolerance for any point of view but their own. I know you guys don't want to hear it, but AZ is swinging that way, Oregon and Washington, New Mexico, etceteras.
California is a trend setter, for good or bad, mostly bad.

Understand, it's mainly the education system and the Media. Pretty soon, we will all be castrated metrocentials, pick a descriptive adverb. Go ahead and blame The land of the Fruits and the Nuts but it's expanding and headed your way.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS doesn't this news item reek of wolf attack? Don't lions usually kill an animal and eat it? Hardly ever hear of slaughtering a whole herd? Not usually how a lion works?

edit: might point out, it doesn't matter if he killed 45 exotic animals or a posse of Christian fundamentalists, the Liberal bunny huggers would be against it.

[ December 03, 2016, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2016 09:50 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what LB said.

I too have friends "on the other side" of my core beliefs..and I accept them for what they are. The problem is, they don't feel the same, and want to eliminate everything they don't like without getting to the core truth, using common sense or considering others.

You know for years now I have been eyeballing Idaho and Texas...but I see more and more Californians moving there and softening them up. Texas seems to be slipping as a red state, all the California tech companies want to move there, and you know what kind of people will be coming with them.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 03, 2016 11:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
exactly what Lone Howl said!

edit: unbelievable but guess what states have lately become under consideration? Wyoming and Oklahoma, neither one allow Democrats.

Good hunting. El Bee

But, can you get a decent carne asada burrito in Wyoming?

[ December 03, 2016, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2016 06:41 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
New Jersey isn't much better as afar as laws go. We are lucky to even have a coyote season here. Last year I inquired about the possibility of hunting coyote on Sundays like they do over in PA. Yeah...good luck with that.

And there is no season for bobcats even though I call in more bobcats than coyotes. Go figure..

I don't keep much company with people who don't agree with me politically or philosophically. Even on social media, I tend to surround myself with conservative types.

[ December 04, 2016, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2016 06:51 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
But, can you get a decent carne asada burrito in Wyoming?

Not yet.

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2016 05:08 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
You can, Leonard. There are plenty of good places to eat. I think Wyoming will be the last hold out and hide out spot. I grew up in the famous Hole in the Wall country of Butch Cassidy legend and know it like the back of my hand. It worked before....

It will work again.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters