The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hello?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello?
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2016 12:20 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody home?

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2016 12:44 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
mark,
I'm here...turkey drunk, but I am here!

Been pheasant hunting last weekend, scouting for deer tomorrow, and hopefully start my calling season in the next couple of weeks!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2016 01:49 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Burp !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello back. I'm out of the loop, up in San Rafael visiting with my daughter's famiy. Man, those hot turkey sandwiches this afternoon were almost as good as the main event yesterday!

I just love turkey....for some reason?

I got a gun, might scare up a coyote, while taking my time on the way home?

The best turkeys we ever had were grown by my buddy out in Agua Dulce. He'd get the bronze breasted turkeys, look very much like wild birds. Sometimes, we'd get a real big one like 27-28 pounds but no hormones and fed organic chow. Really tender flesh, and tasty. All turkey is good but those bronze bronze breasts were oh so good!! Too bad he quit doing that stuff and moved to Washington. I'll never forgive him!

Oh yeah, they weren't cheap either, factoring in medicine and the feed. We did the same thing with hogs, bacon piglets, same thing, just excellent taste, but you aren't saving any money.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2016 05:15 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
My first year of deer hunting, I was 12, and as soon as the bus dropped me off, I grabbed my rifle and sallied forth for about 30 minutes of looking for a deer before it got dark.

I really didn't have any expectations of getting one, especially without my Dad along. At that age and experience, just seeing a whitetail was a major accomplishment. Jump shooting one in the timber seemed like an almost impossible feat to me.

Anyway, there were some beaver ponds just below our house and instead of diving into the timber and looking for a whitetail, I decided to watch the beavers. I sat by a pine tree that looked down upon the ponds. A few minutes later, I spotted a whitetail deer scampering across a far opening beyond the ponds. I don't remember much except that the deer stopped, I shot, and it dropped.

It was a whitetail buck fawn, born the previous spring. It had nubs on its head, but in my mind they were 12 inch spikes! I was proud as hell of that little deer. What had seemed impossible a few minutes before, was now laying on the ground.

Back to Leonard's turkey connection. My big ol' whitetail weighed right at 40 lbs after being gutted, skinned, and hung for a few days.

A few days later my parents bought some huge farm-raised turkeys from the neighbor. I shit you not, these were B&C sized birds.

We butchered them and hung them on the same scale that weighed my "big buck" from a few days before. One turkey was 38 lbs and the other was right at 40. I still remember my Dad saying, "Those turkeys are as big your deer." He wasn't saying it in any demeaning sort of way, but it does sort of deflate a guy just a bit when a bird nets as much flesh as my deer. [Smile]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2016 12:10 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Great story...both of them!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2016 07:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Got back home last night. No hunting, but the drive was brutal, worst I have experienced and I/we have been doing this for about 25 years, ever since she moved up there.

Two accidents. Both pretty bad. First involved a roll over on the center median, by the time I crawled by, they were loading. Second, I didn't see much of it either but it must have been an event, all I saw was a very long travel trailer and it was inside of the fast lane, how it got there, I haven't a clue but the vehicles were long gone as well as the ambulances, which I saw arriving an hour previous. Must have whiplashed or something to get way over there from where it belonged?

Anyway, a trip that normally takes 7 1/2 hours took a little less than eleven (11) ! That's a lot of time to be crawling along on the fucking freeway! Especially with Pinky getting very impatient with the whole situation, I found out he seems to like Queen, of what I had loaded?

Thanksgiving travel is definitely; FOR THE BIRDS!

Good hunting. El Bee

Another pet peeve: You know, it only takes about three assholes to slow up a whole lot of traffic. Seriously, some of these people should be dragged out of their Subaru's and beaten severely!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters