The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Mea Culpa...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mea Culpa...
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2016 12:38 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
A while back, I reported to you on what I thought would be going on with the markets, based on a seminar I had attended.

Actually nothing I thought would happen, actually happened. ..for that , I feel like a turd and apologize!

I had underestimated the Obama Administration’s willingness to manipulate the monetary policy to fool the public into thinking that the economy was doing better than what it was…’Just look at the stock market…the economy HAS to be doing well!’, was everyone’s mantra.

I just wanted to let you guys know that it looks like that we will have an uptick in the Fed Funds rate within the next six months—with that, the National Prime Rate will likely go up as well. The euphoria since the Trump win has buoyed the market, as you all have seen.

I am optimistic that Trump will be very good for the economy, but with that, we will see some interest rate increases to stamp down inflation, and with that, the possibility that the stock market will adjust—most likely downward. Not sure how much or how quick, but it is something to watch.

What does this mean? Home rates and car loan rates will start trending upward. You will probably see 0% on vehicles go away at some point. If you are thinking about refinancing a home or buying something and locking in a low interest rate, you might consider looking at that in the next 6 months or so.

I don’t think we will see a major adjustment in the near term, but with a good economy, (something we haven’t seen in 9 or 10 years), things will adjust.

Not complaining at all, as I think we have to get the economy ginning again! Just sorry I sounded like Chicken Little!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2016 02:29 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I rebalanced everything to the "all weather" allocation model about six months ago. No complaints and no plans to change. Only plan on rebalancing twice a year, for now, and that's about it.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2016 05:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as my mortgage, I got a pretty good rate almost two years ago and see nothing recent that tempts me to Refi. I'm good.

As far as the market, it's always a crapshoot, unless you got some good insider info. Buy low, sell high, I believe is the formula?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31270 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2016 06:28 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Buying and selling is what traders do. I'm a simple investor. I just buy. And hold, and hope...

Probably end up living under the overpass and eating cat food...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 04:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave
may I suggest the chicken based cat foods the fish based stuff tastes like cat food. LOL

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 06:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And another thing .............
Cats like mice;
So how come there's no mouse flavored cat food ???
Dogs like cats;
But did you ever see cat flavored dog food ???

I ponder these things on long calling stands.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7484 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 06:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and they think these pages have no worthwhile value? Where else are you going to get this gold plated advice; "buy, hold and hope", and the "chicken based cat food" is tastier!

Another nugget: if it were me, I believe I would slit my throat rather than search for the tastiest cat food. Or, rob banks, maybe? That sounds exciting? And, better than cat vomit.

I have skills, I can do a nice coyote flank steak, with pickled brain sauce; gotta be just as good as chicken flavored cat food/oh, we ARE talking the canned stuff, right? The dry food would make excellent trail mix.

This is a sick place!
El Bee

koko, I've told you a million times; stay on topic!

[ November 17, 2016, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 07:31 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking the dry kind. The other bums would probably beat me to death in my sleep to get my canned stuff from me.

- DAA

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
I know that you've told me a million times to stop exaggerating but I missed the `stay on topic` mantra.

[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7484 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2016 09:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Beat to death in your sleep! Like George Hanson; Yip, Yip, Yip!

That movie gave southern boys a bad image in my mind, persisting to this day!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters