The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Holy shit... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Holy shit...
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 11:40 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what to think about a preemptive general pardon.

On the one hand, hate to see her get off scott free. But, then again, never, ever, ever expected anything else.

And... Giving her one, is an explicit admitting of guilt. And, like you just said Booger, an implied admitting of complicity.

Not entirely sure I wouldn't get some sort of pleasure from that? Given I never in ten million years believed she could ever be indicted or punished.

Dunno though... Probably rather not have it happen?

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 11:48 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
It would let Trump off the hook as well, he/they would not have to worry about following thru on his promise to appoint a special prosecutor etc. to get her.
One less thing to worry about.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 11:51 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be curious to see what all 'speaking engagements' the krookedklintonfoundation has lined up, now that they ain't got shit for pull in our gubment?

Think slick willy's gonna get a couple hundred G's from some towel headed oil sheik for a 30 minute speech, now?

yeah....NO!

Along the same lines as Dave, actions tell all! Considering that, any slow down or lack of activity in the krookedklintonfoundation, will be PROOF POSITIVE that the whole thing was nothing more than a friggin' crime syndicate to ca$h in on gubment influence.

Just sayin'...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 12:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
NEVER ............underestimate the Clinton capacity for crooked deals, past, present & future.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 12:41 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Koko. We won a big battle on Tuesday. This is just the beginning of a long war.

We will find out in time what Trump is made out of. Like I said somewhere here. I'd be happy if he delivers 50% of his promises.

That traitor fuck-head McConnell will fight him. Gee Whiz. We don't need to change anything Donald. We've never had it so good !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Hillery isn't going to jail. It isn't going to happen. DC politicians protect their own. At worst case, she will get a pardon, after all she knows where the proverbial bodies are buried, and Obama most likely is involved.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 06:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are probably right? Why beat an old lady when she's down, right?

But, it would serve the BITCH right!

Just think what it must be like to be Hillary Clinton? This bitch has focused on being the first President of the U.S. all her life, and now her dream is in the crapper.

And, she was fine with getting the questions fed to her by Brazile. She was fine with the entire News Media working in her corner. A fucking stacked deck; Trump was absolutely RIGHT!

And, with all the advantage, the greed, the assurances, to have all the expectations come crashing down on her head! You really have to appreciate where she's at right now. Not in a million years will the Media allow her to be indicted, that probably won't happen, but she has to be concerned. After all, she didn't expect to be sucking hind teat right now, either.

Can you imagine that ego dealing with this loss? Three days ago, supremely confident, now she can't believe she lost! She's not the type to accept this magnanimously, not on this planet!

This is very special! The fucking Witch is Dead!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 07:30 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me: I'm real fucking pissed off right now.

The fucking media has been exposed for what a vile piece of shit they are.

Instead of retracting. They now blame non college educated white people for Trump's victory ? Huh ?

Huge turnouts in rural areas ? WTF we don't count ?

I posted somewhere here our little county ran out of ballots. In my mind that speaks volumes !!

Rural America & manufacturing in cities is what it's about dumb fucks !!

Y'all ever wonder where you're food comes from ? Nope you don't it's in the store.

I'd challenge any college boy. Any time to do my job. Good luck !!

Woops what do I know. I didn't go to college ?

To insinuate, I'm stupid is an absolute insult !!

end of rant !! (edit) I hope & pray, we can start looking forward without constant fear. Excuse my profanity.

[ November 10, 2016, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about it, Dave. To them, we're all degenerate Rednecks.

But, they are trying to make this into a friggin' RACIST ISSUE! That's all they know, they have been beating it to death for 8 fucking years. They firmly believe it....white people are racists. Not true and never was, and they have not a "smidgen" of proof, but they have been programed since grade school.

And, apparently, Trump knows what's going on, too. They say one of the first things he wants to dump, after Obamacare, is The Department of Education! Then, he can clean out the EPA and reform the IRS. The following week, not sure, but it sure be interesting.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 08:34 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If Trump is smart, and let's face it, the boy learns fast, o bama will do the pardon and Trump will go along with it in the spirit of healing and bringing us all together and moving forward for the good of the country, yadda yadda yadda.
Hopefully, there will be a provision in the deal that she just quietly fades away, never to darken our lives again.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2016 09:37 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Dave, you are stupid. I am stupid. The electoral college is stupid. Not getting their way is stupid. Being responsible is stupid. Getting a job and paying your own way is stupid. If your white your stupid.

Generation Snowflake are the most fucked up bunch of little bitches I've ever seen.

Electoral college is an interesting subject to me. If enough states sign on it will be effectively ended...each state will pledge it's electoral votes to the popular vote winner. Funny, nobody was complaining about it until Trump started kicking ass.
Mark

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 06:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hillary should pass away in prison its where vile criminals belong! Pardon my ass she killed an ambassador and three Navy Seals. she is a scum sucking pig.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's all Snowflakes have learned in college, Protest 101. Where were they at the polls? Couldn't be bothered? I heard that their instructors have given them a pass on midterms if they are too upset. Of course, never have to account for anything, truly the most coddled generation in history: safe spaces, Black lives matter, etc.

We can go on accommodating these kids that probably won't have a friggin' job before they are 30 years old, degrees in climate change and black studies are a dime a dozen. I saw a kid explain to the reporter that Trump can't kill ISIS because ISIS is an "idea"; whatever that means, but it sounds like something he's been hearing on campus.

It's amazing how a college education is so easy these days, and yet, so worthless. It's been this way for years, a college degree is not quite the equal of a high school diploma 30 years ago. How's that for progress?

good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 06:46 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I could not disagree more.

My kid is 21 now and in his third year of college.

In two more years, he'll be 23, have three degrees including an electrical engineering masters degree. Will be completely debt free. Will have about $25K of his own money in the bank.

And, the best part, the part where I just can't agree with you even a little bit Leonard... He's doing an internship now ($15 an hour, to learn). The firm he is interning with has made him a standing offer of $120K a year, to start, the day he gets his masters. At 23 years old.

His plan is to live with us two more years, save basically every dime he makes and buy his first house in a super expensive super nice neighborhood up on the hill. Have that paid for before he turns 35. I've been hammering it into him for years to start socking away at least 10% for retirement from day one and he's on board. By the time he's my age he won't have to work if he doesn't want to.

College degree not worth anything? Sorry, but I see it completely the opposite.

Kids these days damn well better get one if they don't want to grind away getting less and less for their work and more and more fucked their entire lives.

The world has moved on. Kids need some kind of skills training beyond high school or their chances for doing better than my generation are about zero.

My only goal in life, at this point, is to get my daughter through college. Both kids have degrees, I'll call it a job well done.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 07:04 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave with all do respect your son is the exception not the rule these days.I really respect him for doing it the way it should be done. But Leonard is right, that's why Bernie Sanders had such a big following with the kids. They want everything right now and when it doesn't materialize. Its the systems fault. That's why they want everything given to them. Free education, a guaranteed job when they are done. Nice car, Iphone, etc. And why so many 30 year olds are still single and living with Mom and Dad. I see it all over the place. They want it all. They take what capitalism gives them, then bitch and more about how bad Capitalism is. It amazes me.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I appreciate support but never need it to expound my theories.

Dave, I think you may be speaking about an exception and you are cherry picking my comments. It's all over the place, these kids may just as well stay home and watch Sesame Street. All the credit in the world to your son that apparently hasn't fallen far from the tree? But to use that as an argument against my comments doesn't work for me? There must be something I said that you are nibbling on that doesn't exactly convey my essential thoughts? I don't know but if it is what it is, all we can do is agree to disagree, until I figure out what it is that is your point of disagreement?

It's all there, check it out and get back to me, but be careful with your exceptions, because I don't see the rest of these "snowflakes" supporting themselves if Mommy and Daddy pull the plug on the money.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 08:14 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I just see it differently. I'm exposed to a lot of college kids on a pretty regular basis. I'm just not seeing what you guys are talking about. Not at all.

You sure you're not buying into some media bullshit?

Seriously, what you are describing just isn't at all what I am actually seeing in talking to and being around quite a few college kids fairly often.

Maybe it's just that I'm exposed to engineering students, at a Utah college? They mostly seem to have their heads on a lot straighter than I did at their age though.

For the ones that are like you guys are talking about, which I'm sure are out there, I'm blaming their parents, more than anything. Either one of my kids were to cop an attitude like that and my wife would have that shit squashed before I could even have a chance to.

A young person with that kind of attitude, probably had it a long time before they got to college. And it ain't going to get them anywhere. So let them stew in their juices.

- DAA

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 08:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just thinking of a counterpoint to the previous example.

My son-in-law is extremely successful, he's been with Apple almost 26 years and seems to me he can pretty much write his own ticket. That's it, oh and a degree from Cal Poly, but an average silicon valley IT guy with two daughters, married (I think) 26 years now?

So, they are doing okay, older daughter graduated from Cal State last year and is working in her speciality but living at home. Second daughter is not very interested in school and dropped out, but got a job at the front desk at a restaurant. Also, living at home, obviously. Neither girl, I would be surprised if they have $25,000 in the bank, but dad has plenty for all of them.

Obviously a different situation than the above example, but who's more indicative of the millennial culture? Well, there is no such thing as an average anything, but kids fall into their rank on the bar graph. Neither of my granddaughters pay rent, they have the latest electronics and a credit card but I think Corey is bankrolling all of it, including my daughter, who hasn't worked in about fifteen years, yet has a housekeeper.

The question is who actually needs the degree, Devon quit before she even chose a major, but she had a full ride and an apartment off campus so she could have sweated it out, if she saw a need? Well, I don't support her decision, don't get me wrong, but will it influence what she does, girl children being what they are, maybe marrying and some guy supporting them forever, I don't know? But neither has a boyfriend so it could go anywhere?

Actually, I'm driving up there in a couple weeks for Thanksgiving so maybe I will gain some insight, then? What I am saying is, it's a little shaky to draw broad conclusions from my family and maybe Dave's son is just as representative....or not, of his personal achievements and prospects. I don't see either example as smashing with a hammer, (or wiping it; like with a cloth) my previous observations?

For those that take advantage of their educational opportunities, of course, it is a wonderful advantage. But, here's where I'm coming from. Free college for everybody is not only a waste of time and resources, but, (ultimately) somebody has to pay for it.

We already have college graduates that can't find a job. You know, I'm not a Europhile, but they do have very good vocational training for things such as electricians and machinists and other vocations that do not require a college degree but do pay a decent wage and provide a good living. I guess that's where I am at as far as the liberal arts majors that have a path to more education and a teaching position but that's about it? Everyone wants to sit on their ass and plink on a computer but somebody has to deliver the mail.

I don't know how else to put it, but if they have so much time to protest and then not take exams, then I really don't see where making this "education" free, will help society, where the rubber meets the road. It seems to me that the whole enchilada has taken a hard left and needs correction if we ever hope to return to reality. These protests are a waste of energy, and somebody needs to stand up and slap a few spoiled brat faces, get back in school and do something productive. Read my lips; protests are counterproductive, children.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 09:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
something to ponder:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/cowards-on-campus-cower-at-trump-win/article/2005330

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 09:50 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, actually what I was strongly disagreeing with to start, wasn't anything to do with the kids or their culture.

But simply the value of a college degree.

I firmly believe that a degree is more valuable today than it ever has been.

Statistics, well, we all know they can be made to say just about anything. But they seem pretty clear to me that the wage gap between those with and without degrees is bigger now than it has ever been. And, my belief is that it is only going to keep getting bigger.

Haves and have nots. The ruling class and the proles. It's not where this country is headed. It's where this country is. It sucks and if I could change it I sure as hell would. But I can't. So I'm doing the best I know how, to prepare my kids for a life in the world as I see it to actually exist.

My son's grand plan... It may or may not pan out the way he has it laid out. Better chance it won't go the way he envisions, really. Life being what it is and all. I suspect pussy is going to derail it at least somewhat, at some point.

But, it's that masters degree, that makes it possible for him to have such a plan - that depends on no luck, depends on nobody ever lifting a finger or spending a dime to help him. A realistic plan to get where he wants in life entirely on his own effort.

The fact he has worked his little ass off since he was in jr. high to be in a position to graduate with zero debt and his own hard earned cash in the bank, that's about him. And I don't think THAT is representative at all.

But the fact that having that degree puts him in a position with a clear path to wealth and a life of relative privilege, I think that's pretty universal.

How each kid gets there, is not. What they do with the advantage of that position, is not either.

But, nobody is going to convince me that a college degree is not extremely valuable today and in the foreseeable future.

And, girl kids, yeah... Going to be a very different road from here to graduation with her, if we get there at all. But it really is my main goal in life right now.

Of course, all this is coming from a guy with only a 9th grade education, too. So, take with as much salt as you like!

- DAA

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Of course, all this is coming from a guy with only a 9th grade education

Yes, I already knew that. And, yet you are doing okay. I'm glad you clarified, and I do not disagree, a college education is an advantage. IT CAN BE, that's all I have to say about that.

Not really, I think Obama, and Clinton stress a college education, and who would disagree? But, the fact is, it's not for everyone.

Another personal example: I do, yet neither of my kids completed college. My son earns a decent living as a CNC machinist, on a five axis machine which actually requires skills equal to a university degree. It takes all kinds and as I said above, somebody has to deliver the friggin' mail! My son couldn't see past baseball as a living, but that didn't work out either.

I think a college education is what you make of it but I also see that a lot of it is dumbed down. Sometimes I see supposedly educated students that are, (no other word for it) IGNORANT. Anyway, it's not the be all and end all and you are doomed without it!

Let's just say it's a difficult subject and concept to appreciate.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 01:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the concept you guys are alluding to is simply;
"Success comes to he who hustles wisely"
Holds true for a kid with a degree or a kid with a toolbox.

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Word

--------------------

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2016 03:01 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The college degree is not "worth" as much as it was 20 years ago. Now kids are going to get their master's degrees in order to get ahead of the curve. That having been said, I think they still have to have at least a bachelor's degree.

My younger son is looking at a doctorate, possibly. I don't know how these kids wil do it all considering the expense.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2016 03:03 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to the election...

Hillary wouldn't even come out and address her supporters after her loss. Weak leadership....or actually no leadership at all.

And this woman wanted to be president? The leader of our country?

Thank the Lord God up in Heaven she didn't get in.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters