The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Biped Bear Shot in NJ

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Biped Bear Shot in NJ
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2016 06:37 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
This bear was killed not far from me. This is the first NJ bow and arrow season for bear since the 1960's. It looks like this incident might put a stop to the bear hunt for a while. One state senator proposed a 5 year hiatus.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/16/pedals-bipedal-black-bear-new-jersey-killed-hunter-state-hunt-two-legs

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2016 08:57 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Couple of thoughts;
(1) No good can come of naming wild animals with cute names.
and
(2) No good can come of having a bear at your mailbox !!!!

So now everyone will get all touchy-feely and pass legislation that has nothing to do with sound wildlife management.
It's a brave new world.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's almost unbelievable, watching video of that bear walking around on his hind legs! Actually, it's more creepy than anything.

But, whoever shot the damned thing aught to have his ass kicked! Here we have an animal, injured but apparently coping by walking upright, and hasn't turned into a man-eater or any other type of problem animal.

This guy has given the friggin' bunny huggers an issue, and it's half way a legit issue. We all know how they can become unhinged over a duck with an arrow through its craw, or luring a lovable lion out of a sanctuary, they always overreact, call it MURDER, and make a big fucking deal out of it. It's the Disney Syndrome; another Mental Illness just like Liberalism.

How can you ever justify the killing of Pedals to some little girl that has a Teddybear she sleeps with? Hell, I can't justify it, and I'm fairly hardcore about these ANTHROPOMORPHISM issues. A deal like this, you can't win so why even try?

But, the asshole that shot it DOES need his ass kicked, just to thank him for his thoughtfulness.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2016 05:47 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
any word on whether he's going for the full-standing taxidermy mount, or not???
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2016 06:00 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Love your sense of humor, Fred!

When I teach ethics in Hunter Education, I remind students that not everything that is legal is ethical.

The challenge you face is having someone afield with ethics that say...'If it is legal, it is OK to do'.

On the other hand, the wussification of our society blurs the lines between reality and fantasy.

Everything is OK with 'Pedals' until he takes a chunk out of a 6 year old that thinks bears are the same in the Jungle Book as they are in real life.

Unfortunately, folks that call themselves 'hunters' that do this don't help the guys like us that try to do the right thing.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2016 02:21 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Had I been participating in this bear hunt, that is not the bear I would have shot.

Anyways, word on the street has it that the hunter who shot this bear had been targeting it for three years.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted October 20, 2016 05:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wrap my mind around the motivation? WTF? Why would a man need to kill this animal that is surviving with such a handicap? I must be going soft?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 06:53 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they all taste the same.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a valid point.

But, at what cost to our image? We don't live in a vacuum, there are people out there that let us be, generally. But when it affects an emotional issue, they scream murder and we have lost any "live and let live" attitudes among those people that maybe don't hunt and just barely tolerate what we do, (you know) as long as it's legal and not offensive. I don't see where, "because they taste good" is a defense that's going to win a lot of support. There is, or should be, a certain amount of "PR" public relations in all these hunting activities because, MAKE NO MISTAKE, THESE PEOPLE WILL HAPPILY VOTE OUR RIGHTS AWAY, THE FIRST CHANCE THEY GET....AMIGO.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 07:45 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
What Im not seeing in the article is that the hunter actually knew it was THAT bear. What happened? Also...authorities made the call to leave it in the wild....a very cruel place. The article is leaving a lot out, allowing everyone to make assumptions....which is probably the intent...to stir up shit.

Maybe I didnt read it well enough and Im wrong? Oh well.

But I agree. A little self discipline is in order as a hunter.

First bear hunt in 50 years..lot of trigger happy hunters around there probly?
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 08:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you see what 49 posted? That this guy had patterned this particular bear for three years? Probably without assurances that there would even BE an open season? That's dedication. But, the bear was a neighborhood celebrity. How does the average suburban momma explain this to the kids?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 08:11 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever 'ethics' come into play, the slope gets real greasy, real quick...

Ask yourselves this:
If that bear were killed somewhere in the backwoods & didn't have a "name", would its life matter any more/less???

The bear is dead, either way. And it sure didn't matter to the bear, whether or not he had a human fan base?
We humans have this 'thing' about prescribing a different 'value' to an animal's life, according to our personal belief system. That don't mean JACK SHIT to the animal.

Dead is DEAD. The rest is just shit to make us feel better about ourselves. Or, hold our belief system over the head of another...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 08:18 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I did miss 49's comment on the hunter.
Mark

--------------------

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 11:02 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I did miss 49's comment on the hunter.
Word on the "street" has it that this guy had targeted the bear for three years. I have some friends that live in the area this bear lived and was killed, so take it for what it is worth.

We have had firearms bear hunts here, so he may have been targeting the bear with that in mind. Then picked up his bow since this was the first bow hunt for bear we have had in recent times.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even realize it was archery?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 05:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some anthropomorphism Vigilante justice. Also note that in the comments, one chick suggested the Dr needed an arrow through her head. This is equating animals with humans, a sick attitude. Read on~

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/10/20/texas-veterinarian-loses-license-killing-cat-bow/

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2016 05:12 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
THESE PEOPLE ARE FREAKS ITS A DEAD FUCKING BEAR GET OVER IT ! Hey Mr. Ranger whats in the pic a nic basket Heyy boo boo its lunch!I dont know if we should Yogi. fuckin morons !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2016 11:24 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Article said she had been arrested for drunk driving in the past, with a BAC reading of .15.

That's a lot of alcohol for a small girl.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2016 12:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a bit of problem killing a feral cat, regardless if done with a shovel or a baseball bat or something else like bow and arrow, shot in the head or the gut. All's fair, it's a trash animal, a nuisance. It deserves no consideration about fair chase.

Therefore, this is a bogus deal, regardless of whether the chick had a DUI or whatever. She should fight the suspension, killing a damned feral Tomcat should deserve a medal, not punishment. There are no laws that protect wild feral animals and cruelty wouldn't stand up in a legitimate court of law.

On the other hand, she should have thought about it before publishing photos with a damned arrow through the head. Just because these faint hearts will come unglued over it. But, a sheriff? That guy should have told the rabble to shut the fuck up and deal with it, nothing but CONTROL FREAKS! Maybe it takes more balls than he has?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2016 01:11 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
She beat the cruelty charge by saying she was eliminating a feral cat, possibly with rabies, I think.

I agree Leonard. She made a big mistake putting the photo out there on social media...

You would think that someone smart enough to graduate veterinary school would be smarter than that. Oh well. She is paying the price now. Lesson learned.

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2016 01:54 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A wise person once said that "Common sense is a flower that does not grow in every garden".

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters