The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 'Nother near miss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Nother near miss
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2016 03:44 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit's getting old. Typical Algore global warming scenario today. Temps in the low 80's - normal for this place this time of year, sun shining, muggy. Cold front comes crashing in from the northwest and in a matter of minutes, I'm hiding cars and herding the dogs, wife and daughter into the basement, not necessarily in that order. Had one tornado rope out about three miles from the house and pass harmlessly overhead, and a second one try to get its shit together right behind the first but never did. Three houses damaged, one totally destroyed, lotsa power lines down. In an hour, we had almost 2.5 inches of rain. Had 7 different tornadoes in the state at one point. October? I'm predicting a nasty, nasty winter.

Oh, and as an added attraction, we've been having earthquakes, too. F'ing ISIS!!!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2016 06:56 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We had a 5.8 earthquake a couple weeks ago did some damage to some buildings around my area. Now we got almost 4 inches of rain in the last thee days with more coming tonight.
I'll have to agree with you Cdog.

Hate to see what the winter will bring.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2016 08:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you guys listen to anything The Anointed One says ????

IT'S ALL BUSH'S FAULT !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2016 01:18 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping we don't get too much of Hurricane Matthew. My kid has a rugby game tomorrow night down at his college.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2016 03:16 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Should be be fine, Nick!

Latest model shows Matthew getting only as far north as the Outer Banks, before cork-screwing east & back down south into the Caribbean...

Man, I remember when Hurricane Sandy was coming up the coast. Early on forecasts weren't all that bad, so I went to Wyoming to kill coyotes for the weekend...
With no cell service for a couple days, that turned out to be a fuckup! Driving back down to Denver, got service & started listening to eleventeen consecutive voicemails, which got progressively more panicked. Learned that all the metro area airports were closed & hundreds of flights were already cancelled!
Wound up finagling my return flight to Minneapolis, in hopes of getting on THE LAST flight to land in NY...up in Albany! Wound up I made it, they even held the gate door for me (thank goodness!) My bro & b.i.l. drove upstate and grabbed me after landing @ 3 am, local....

If I hadn't caught that plane, I'da been stuck away from home for DAYS, while Sandy opened a can o' whoopazz on the whole region. That storm really fucked some shit up!!!

But yeah, Matthew ain't even gonna touch us...

[ October 07, 2016, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2016 06:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's amazing what airline computers can come up with, when you throw them a curve. I had a change in schedule from Saskatoon to LA and they routed me through Toronto! Visualize that! Then a six hour lay over at LAX before catching the last link to Ontario which is only 30 miles away. I had my son pick me up instead. Not too smart, they lost my baggage for two days!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters