The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » This Past Sunday's Visitor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Past Sunday's Visitor
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2016 05:51 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a break from camp chores and was sitting at the table drinking a can of Coke when this guy strolled into the camp yard. It's the third biggest bull moose that I've seen. The smaller bull had his picture taken by a game camera in the camp yard. Notice the temperature in that picture. It was a bit cool that morning.

-

-

-

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2016 03:27 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

Moose are kinda interesting critters. Almost prehistoric in some sort of way...

I've never shot one nor ever had a tag in pocket. About 15 years ago, in an area we hunted elk, it was reasonably common to see several bull moose every hunting season. They always seemed to show up randomly, but you could count on running across a bull moose or two at some point.

My dad sent in and got drawn for a bull moose tag. We thought that at some point he would surely run across a bull moose in a decent pack-out spot. It really wasn't an "if" it was a "when" sort of deal.

You can guess the rest. Every place he wasn't, a bull moose was. Everybody saw bull moose, but him. We knew several other people hunting elk in the same area and they would stop by camp and give us a report of where a bull moose had been sighted and we would go check it out only to be a few minutes late.

He never did get to put the sights on a moose and I really hated that for him. But hey, it's hunting after all.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2016 03:24 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful pics, very cool!!!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2016 12:51 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Great story Lonny. Yep that's big game hunting alright!

Great picts. MI VHNTR!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters