The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Yeti tumbler (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Yeti tumbler
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 10:55 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
But, to be clear... The fridge is a luxury item when camping. No two ways about that. Nobody, well almost nobody, "needs" one (delivering medical supplies in Africa maybe?).

But it's one of those things that is just super awful nice to have. Allows for much easier, better eating on the trail. No problem keeping rib eyes good for five days in 90* heat. Not that it would be a problem to do that in a Yeti, either. But it's easier and less hassle with a fridge.

Like I said earlier, not les than five guys who've been exposed to it, none of whom thought they even wanted one prior, after seeing just how nice it actually is compared to using a cooler, decided to spend the money. And all I've heard from any of them is how glad they are that they did.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 01:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at the Yeti's at BassProShops, 30 minutes ago. Actually, first time I have bothered to check them out, up close.

They are built like a brick shithouse. They had 35 and 105 models, two colors. Heavy.

I also googled Ozark Trail and Yeti tumblers. $9 and $39.

So how cold does the beer get? I would judge it like cans of beer in ice and water. That's how I want my beer and then drink it fast before it gets even a little warm. Nothing quite like it.

So, after 5 years, you have it 2/3 paid for in ice cubes, right?

Did I see it? When you made us a couple sandwiches? Must have gone right over my head, if so?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31494 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 07:05 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
We have 3 yeti coolers and the really are great coolers. Have the 105,35,20 roadie all have there place and work great and are built to last. And like moe said the yeti tumbler is amazing and is the only thing I use anymore for drinks. The ice lasts forever.
Posts: 1627 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2016 07:26 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note that we just got back from a week out west calling coyotes. Filled the 105 with ice last Sunday night and got back into town last night and it was still 3/4 full of ice. BTW killed 33 coyotes in 4 1/2 days of calling. Seems like a pretty good crop of coyotes this year.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1627 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters