The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Yeti tumbler (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Yeti tumbler
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 05:27 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
On a whim I bought myself a Yeti tumbler on ebay. So yesterday my wife wanted to go fishing and before we left I filled the thing with ice. The outside of the cup was cold to the touch and I thought the ice wouldn't last long but lo and behold there was still ice in it when we got home last night. I just looked at the cup and the water is still cold and there is still some ice in the thing. I'm buying a second one for my wife.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 06:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Something I have never quite understood happened to me maybe 20 years ago? I was deer hunting in Colorado and it was very cold in the mountains and we were tent camping.

I had a stainless steel pocket hand warmer and I tried to get the damned thing lit and working but in just didn't seem to be working? Anyway, I lost patience and interest in it and it wound up getting packed in an old Army duffle bag.

This duffle bag was loaded and then unloaded and stored in a little shack I built around the side of the house. It had a bunch of blankets and heavy winter clothing in it, and I never gave it a thought until the fall of the next year when I was going through my shit, in preparation for another out of state big game season.

I still don't understand it, but that hand warmer in a red felt bag dropped out on the ground. I picked it up and the bastard was practically steaming hot! This was (if not a year later), at least something like 10 1/2 to 11 months later. I thought it was quite remarkable.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 08:20 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Moe,
Don't want to burst your bubble, and am not bagging on Yeti products, but we just ordered a bunch of giveaways for our bank.

We got insulated cups identical to the Yeti, but branded Ozark Trail, I think.

The advertising rep indicated that both brands are made by Yeti, and we could have Yeti cups, but they would be twice the price.

Our customers have indicated they are just as happy with these, too. I think I have seen our brand of cups at Target for $24.00...

JMO, of course!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 08:25 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
They are not made by Yeti...they do come out of the same factory though, Walmart brand. Side by side tests show they are just as good as Yeti pretty much.

Mark

[ September 22, 2016, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 08:30 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
Got it...guess that is what he meant... [Wink]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought several of the ozark trail tumblers. They were $9 each. My understanding is that they come out of the same factory and are Basically the same thing just about 25% of the Yeti price.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 04:27 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
You can get a neat handle from Amazon. They fit Ozark Trail or Yeti.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 05:14 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a Yeti 20oz tumbler last Christmas. I was tickled pink and was amazed how long it held ice and kept coffee warm.

I heard where the Walmart Ozark Trail was just as good so for $7 I bought one. The Ozark holds hot and cold just as long as the $30 Yeti. My bubble burst a little, but live and learn.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2016 07:09 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
My post wasn't aimed at anything but the amazing qualities of the tumbler I bought.

And you guys need to get out more. I found this cup on ebay. for a whole lot less than $24. You'd have to a long, long way to burst my bubble. lol

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 03:16 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I got an RTIC 30 oz. tumbler, then a bunch of Ozark Trail 30 oz. ones for my family.

They are GREAT!

Can hardly tell any difference between the Yeti, RTIC & Ozark Trail.

Cool thing about RTIC brand is, they make coolers too. And pretty much all of their models/products are priced @ 50% the retail price of the matching Yeti product. Have a cheapo cooler that I filled with Great Stuff foam that works OK, but would still like a decent cooler for the back of the truck. RTIC is top on that list...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 04:15 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, skip the cooler. Get a fridge. You'll cry at purchase time. Then smile for a long, long time after that.

Have had, let me think about it and not exaggerate, okay, FIVE guys now that have bought ARB fridges because of seeing mine in action. Not a one of them has any regret about spending the dough.

The most bad ass cooler on the planet just ain't a pimple on the neck of a good fridge. And with the price of those bad ass coolers, it starts to not seem so crazy to spend that much on a fridge.

Mine gets used so much, it's actually going to pay for itself in not buying ice. More than half way there now.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Prob not the same but I have a refrig out in the garage. Doesn't hold much more than a 6 pack. I worry about running the battery down when parked. Also works on cold. I had it sitting on the back seat once and it seemed to block the airflow, so I worried about overheating or whatever? Maybe not the same thing you guys are talking about, this looks like a little blue refrigerator? My daughter actually bought it for me, haven't used it in a while.

Anyway, yes everybody raves about Yeti, and they are well built and they are also very proud of them. As soon as somebody mentioned Ozark, I knew it was Walmart.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS, let's everybody get together and bust Moe's balls for the hell of it, just to see if it can be done! (just kidding)

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 06:56 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, probably not even similar. The electric coolers are a completely different beast. These are true refrigerators with compressors, refrigerant, etc. But they draw a lot less current than the cheap electric coolers which only go a certain number of degrees below ambient. These that I am talking about go to about 0* F if you want them to. I've used mine to freeze down a deboned mule deer overnight and to freeze bottled water in 95* temps to make ice, mid-trip, for friends who had nothing left in their coolers but water.

Here is the one I have: ARB Fridge.

Price has gone up on them a fair bit since I got mine more than five years ago. But when you are looking at coolers in the hundreds, that you still have to buy ice for, they start to seem more reasonable. For guys that run coolers every day and buy ice almost every day, one of these would pay for itself pretty quick. Mine, like I said, I use it so much, it has more than half paid for itself just in ice not bought. That's not counting all the food that has been saved. When I get home from a trip, left over food is in the same condition as if it had been sitting in the fridge at home. Compared to the water logged mess it usually was when I ran coolers. Loafs of bread, lunchmeat, cartons of milk etc., they just go back in the house and the family doesn't even notice those items have been on a three or four day camping trip.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 07:11 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Might add, just because I get asked fairly often...

Mine has been severely abused it's whole life. I've never given it any more care or consideration than I would a lawn chair or a bag of tent stakes (I have tried to clean some of the coyote blood off of it a few times though...). Without a single hiccup. It has been running 24/7 since the day I bought it, which I think was spring of 2011. When it's not in a vehicle, it's the beer fridge in my garage.

Have run it in the open bed of pickup trucks through so many miles of rough off-road, thick dust, rain, snow, heat, more than most people can imagine but you guys probably can relate [Big Grin] . It's what they are made for.

Sorry to go on gushing about a product like this. Just whenever the subject of Yeti coolers comes up, I feel like I should pipe up and let my friends know that I think there is a much better way to go. For in vehicle use, anyway.

- DAA

--------------------

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 08:51 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I am secretly saving up for one of these. My wife does not think I need one, so of course, Ill get it someday.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 09:01 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
"PS, let's everybody get together and bust Moe's balls for the hell of it, just to see if it can be done! (just kidding)"

Too late by a long shot. A former wife busted them pretty good and what she didn't get got busted by a gal I got involved with after the divorce.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 12:21 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch & double ouch.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2016 05:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok, Moe. We are your support group now and we can get you rehab'ed concerning your hate for women.

In fact, I know a guy, ol' Lyle that his wife divorced him (as far as I know?) for too much coyote hunting.

So, what did our boy do? He had a relationship with an Oriental Massage Parlor for at least 15 years, before he met a wealthy widow with a deluxe Diesel Pusher.

I guess he's doing okay now but for many years, his attitude towards females was very negative.

SO, THERE'S HOPE.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 06:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a passing thought. About divorce.

I have heard that Law Enforcement is very high rate of divorce. Same old story, they have the usual bunker mentality, and would rather hang out with buddies, (Choir Boys) than friends and family. It must be tough?

Guess what's second? The grocery industry. My wife was a retail clerk for 12 years before becoming a travel agent. I never understood the reasons why, but they talked freely about having the best Divorce Lawyers on retainer. Like I said, I never understood it, but it was there?

Then there is third or maybe second? Competitive Contest Hunting! I have seen so many guys that were hardcore hunters that routinely wound up in Divorce Court. It seems that the little woman wasn't content stoking the home fires, maybe needed a little more action?

So, there I was, a contest hunter married to a lady in the high risk Retail Clerks Union, she worked for Vons, a pretty nice store chain, one I personally prefer, except Stater Bros. is closer.

But, we defied the odds and were happy for many years but always had Tuckerman's number on speed dial. Just kidding! That's the guy with the high recommendation, if you are looking for the best split financially. Actually, it was a joke between us. Never even a remote possibility.

So, what other occupations are high risk for divorce? I think Fire Fighter is probably one, since they spend a lot of time in the station, and now there are females that think they are qualified firemen?

Anybody?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 07:30 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I don't hate women. After the trouncing the woman I got involved with after my divorce I learned to listen to them. They seem to have a habit of giving you clues as to what they're really like inside.

I was single for 16 years before remarrying and I dated the woman I'm now married to for 5 years before committing. I would trade her for nothing on this earth.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 08:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, congratulations on your successful search!

Me? I am still looking. There must be another sane female out there? By that I mean a conservative sane female. If you know of one, please pass it along.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Let me clarify. I am only interested in 9's and 10's. I don't wish to be seen in public with (umm) fatties and homilies. I want prime talent. NO KIDS! I've already raised mine!

[ September 24, 2016, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 09:20 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, what other occupations are high risk for divorce?
I would guess Military rates pretty high too.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good one, Dan!

Dave, I love ya like a brother but.

How long will it take to pay for an $800 refrigerator by savings on not buying two dollar bags of ice?

And then, of course, you don't get to plop a few cubes in your Yeti tumbler, but it's cold. I like my cold drinks one degree above freezing. Oh, beer? Yeah, okay. There's that.

One time, and this was Utah, BTW, really hot, I mean HOT and we had some beer that just wasn't doing the trick so we stopped at a little roadside store along that old virgin river scenic drive and all they had, was DRY ICE. We tried and tried but never succeeded in cooling that beer to where we liked it. Must be a trick to it, because basically, it didn't work.

So, why the hell didn't we just buy some cold beer while we were at it? I don't have a good answer?

You know, if you have a need for dry ice, most Walmarts carry it, if you ask.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 10:43 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, at only $2 a bag, at only two bags a trip, conservatively, average say five bags a month. $120 a year. I've saved $650 already?

I don't think that's over stating it?

- DAA

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2016 10:48 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I get out there year round probably quite a bit more than average though. Kept track of my nights in a sleeping bag for two whole years in '13 and '14. 55 and 60 nights camped. Not counting any day trips.

- DAA

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters