The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Thoughts on Tom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thoughts on Tom
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 04:52 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I was considering the last interaction with Tom, and what took place between him and Leonard.

First of all, I realize this was between Leonard and Tom. I don't have a dog in this fight, other than the fact that Tom's banning from HM occurred over what transpired on my thread. So I feel partly responsible for it.

Tom and I have had our differences over the years. At times it has gotten down right nasty. But Tom has always been there to answer a question, even if I hadn't asked him specifically. He is always one of the first people to chime in with helpful advice, and is never condescending when doing so.

Tom, I know that you knew what you were doing when you pushed Leonard. Though you pushed him and then tried to be contrite afterwards. Maybe you went too far? I don't know. Maybe Leonard didn't notice the contrite portion? I don't know that either.

Leonard, you have had my back on this forum as of late. I have noticed it and I appreciate it.

I guess what I am asking is that you give Tom a chance to come back here and make this right again. I haven't corresponded with him and I don't know his feeling on the matter, but it seems that for whatever reason this has been brewing. For all I know he might not want to, but I think it is worth a try.

The status of long time relationships shouldn't be decided over which type of rifle a guy likes to hunt with.

Just my unasked for 2 cents.

What say you Leonard and Tom? Pretty please?

[ September 18, 2016, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 08:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your contribution, 49.

You know, if it's not obvious, I take this shit very seriously. Was I disappointed in the direction of the conversation? Most definitely. Did I think Tom knew exactly what he was doing? Same answer, definitely. Do I still consider it self inflicted? Yes.

In other words, he asked for it and to my way of thinking, boxed me into a corner without any alternatives.

One thing, before I forget, it certainly has nothing to do with you, Nick. I don't think like that.

Anyway, another observation that I mentioned before. Tom and I have perviously had a disagreement, but as I have said on numerous occasions, I do not hold a grudge and I can't even remember what it was about?

Historically, every time I have reconsidered and reinstated someone who lost their posting privileges, every one of them found a way to get under my skin again. And, I take a lot of shit. I don't want to be considered as anything other that an equal, in any discussion. It's never; I'M THE BOSS, WHAT I SAY, GOES!

Without reminding everybody, I do appreciate just a little CONSIDERATION, better known as RESPECT. Perhaps because of age, or better yet, because I take the time and effort to run this Message Board for the benefit of everybody, and I cover all the associated costs. I try to be modest, but I have seen a lot and acquired a certain level of (shall we say, experience?) or dare I say expertise?

An old curmudgeon such as myself will invariably acquire a few PREFERENCES One of mine happens to be a mild dislike of the "assault weapon platform", just because of how the general public and their negative reaction to such a popular "weapon". We have lost the war, the casual public is not very charitable towards the BLACK (blank) GUN.

If I were the type to post a bunch of hero shots with dead coyotes and my machine-gun laying on top, the average citizen would probably have a negative opinion, whether there were just a couple or a dozen such photos, if I were inclined to over do it....like our friend, Tom the Okie.

Look. I always am self reflective in these matters; always wonder if it could have been handled differently with a more positive result but then I exhaust my patience and persuasiveness, and suddenly; I have another scalp on my lodgepole.

So, I invite anybody with an opinion to offer it for our collective consideration. If you happen to think that I am an arrogant son of a bitch, go ahead and express yourself, I am more than willing to listen. In fact, I think it might be therapeutic? Or, illuminating? Just remember, I try to be fair, in all things. With emphasis on TRY.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 08:25 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't give a shit.
Anything else?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 08:31 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol okay.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 01:40 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well hell, a good Okie is gone!
Went back and read what happen.
Looks like it was going about 50/50 between having a black gun in a 223 or not.
I don't post much, but I will say this...to get in a pissing contest on which gun is best for hunting coyotes is like pissing into the wind.
Ain't anyone going to win!
That's my opinion .....I no everybody's got one.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 06:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I did something I hate to do which is edit content.

If we can keep the conversation to the original purpose, it would be appreciated.

Yes, agree Eddie, he was a good Okie.

edit: add one thing. You people don't really know the amount of shit I put up with, if you only read the Board.

[ September 18, 2016, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 06:17 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the only board I even bother with anymore. Partly because I feel like I actually kinda know most of the people involved and like reading their experiences.

There is very little drama here also. I never did feel like I had to be careful with what I said either, within reason of course.

Heck, I always liked Tom, but sometimes people want a reason to get out and simply push the right buttons to open the door.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2016 07:08 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I hope you didn't edit your post because of my smart ass comment above. You never have to do that with or for me, just to be clear. Not sure but just wanted to say so.
I feel about like Lonny, Tom seems to be alright ? But it happened, so it is what it is I guess.

Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2016 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I am concerned, if there is drama, it's not because it is promoted, on my part. Gossip, yes. I don't mind teasing, either.

Lonny, yes I agree even if it sounds a little sappy. I "know" most of these guys. After so many years, it's interesting, the loyalty. Not me, I really don't need the glory. But the Board itself is practically an institution.

Lone Howl, shed not a tear for Tom, it was intentional. So, that's why I don't see where we could accomplish anything here? I hate to see discord, but these are men, and they sure as hell aren't inclined to kiss my ass.

Another thing about Baby Huey, (Kabloom) this guy has a chip on his shoulder. I don't understand why he lurks and then thinks he has a free pass to insult me for my efforts? I get nothing except a warm fuzzy feeling from interacting with people that like the same stuff and think the same way, as far as conservative politics.

I think the gun stuff and traditional values go hand in hand. If not, there's no harm done anyway, but you have to stand for something and for sure, leaders like Obama and Hillary are doing their best to run the country into the ground.

I really do like Okies, including hard headed opinionated ones. I the same way.

Go ahead and comment on Tom if you want, but don't use the invite to stab me in the back. Dammit, I'm doing the best I can. Don't need any back slapping or ass kissing but a little appreciation for the effort involved would be nice. I'm not in it for the glory, I think I offer a service, a resource and a platform for the exchange of ideas.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I haven't bothered banning Kabloomer but I don't want any more sass out of him. Have a little respect, asshole! ...eggshells, my ass!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2016 11:46 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
In point of fact... I have lost my posting privileges, twice, and got them back.

I'd like to think I'm the success story, as far as that kind of thing is concerned. [Wink]

Lord knows I haven't always made myself welcome but as often as not the places haven't made guys like me welcome... the internet sort of looks like a place where people want to hear your opinion, no matter what it is... but it isn't.
This was a perfect example of that.

I'm glad I left the "walking on eggshells" thing alone, now.
I had written a lengthy post, then did like I do most of the time anymore, clicked back and went on with my day.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2016 01:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I guess Krusty is our community rehab effort, kind of a success story except Quinton would have issue with that, if he ever got on the Internet.

Why did I let you back three times? Did I lose count, or what?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS excuse me while I barf, Obama is on TV telling us why we are wrong about mooslims. Just a guess, sounds off?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the whole thing. But I have always liked Tom ,never met an Okie I didn't like. He brings a lot of good information. I respect his opinion.
The exact same is true of Leonard and firearms a wealth of knowledge.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2016 07:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I missed the whole thing. But I have always liked Tom ,never met an Okie I didn't like. He brings a lot of good information. I respect his opinion.
The exact same is true of Leonard and firearms a wealth of knowledge.

First of all, thanks for the compliment, Paul. I will try to live up to it, as best I can.

Secondly, I agree 100% with the first sentence. Unfortunately, that didn't enter into the equation; it mostly concerned the rude attitude.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2016 07:13 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I get it !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters