The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » privilaged twerps and how they think

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: privilaged twerps and how they think
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....besides being smarter than you and me. I'd like to get this punk in a headlock and severely knuckle him! I'm pretty sure he has never gotten physical with anything or anybody except strangling his peepee every Saturday nite. Yeah, he's joking. Sure he is!

What he's doing is, running it up the flagpole to see if anybody salutes it.

oops, lost the link, BRB

here ya go!
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2016/08/24/time-c olumnist-lovingly-imagines-denying-vote-people-over-65

DAA will be all over this idea! haha

[ August 24, 2016, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 08:53 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
You knuckle him while I kick him in the nuts.

Yeah. Us older folks weren't brainwashed in the schools by liberal teachers so we're incapable of voting "right." Asswipe

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 12:29 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely in favor of voter qualification. My qualification is simple. Producers vote. Nobody else does.

The devil is always in the details of course. And the definition of "producer", in this instance, would be one hell of a detail.

The way I'd like to see it work, age, in and of itself, has no relevance. But as a practical matter... Let's face it, lot of oldsters ain't producing anymore.

Exemption for lifetime achievement? I could go for that. Depending. But essentially, you worked and paid taxes for 40 years and now you got nothing but social security, I'd let you continue to vote. Only worked and paid taxes for 20 years, now subsisting on entitlements? Fuck you, no vote.

If I were making all the rules, I'd take the vote away from anyone and everyone not paying taxes. And everyone and anyone receiving significant entitlements. Romney's 47%, if I'm making the rules, they don't get to vote. If that's you, sorry... It's not about your age though, really, it's not.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 12:33 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S...

I didn't finish the 10th grade. 9th grade education. So, where I fall in your "brain fucked by the schools" continuum, I'm not sure, but I have to think I'm not exactly the case study.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We could try to develop a list of qualifications. All Veterans can vote. Welfare recipients, no vote. Must have at least a tenth grade education before able to vote. Of course, all applicants should be at least 55 years of age.

How about a current events test? If you are Media challenged, sorry, no vote. If you don't own property, you are ineligible for voting. Brown eye color? Sorry, only blue eyes eligible for voting. And, I shouldn't need to justify the last item, everybody know Arian features are far superior.

That's just basic, members are welcome to add qualifications to this list. Just because I qualify on every single item, believe me, it is only a coincidence.

Anybody?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2016 06:46 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Churchill who once said, "The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

I'm pretty stingey with my vote. I recall once a guy with whom I worked on the Sheriff's Dept. decided to run for City Commission. he came to my house to ask for my vote. I asked him if I was correct in that he rented the place where he lived. He said he did. Asked him if he'd ever owned a home. He said he hadn't. I told him no offense, but until you're a homeowner and paying property taxes to the City for all their little projects, you have no business deciding on what I pay for and how much.

He wasn't elected.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2016 06:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like the world is a tougher place than it used to be? When I was in my twenties, I always left the keys in the car. I was 26 when I bought my first house. I have never lived in an apartment.

On the other hand, my son is 51 and has never owned a house. Well, he recently bought a home in a trailer park in Fountain, CO. I guess that counts? He's sure proud of it. For me, if I had to live in a mobile home park, I'd slit my wrists. Well....I'd think about it.

Did we have it that easy? Sure didn't seem like it at the time?

Getting back to Lance's comment; I have to agree with that attitude. Being a property owner really alters your perspective. Even then, it's amazing how they keep passing all these bond issues. I think my taxes go up $20-$30 every year based on something someone thought we needed? They sure as hell never go down, that's for sure!

If you ever leave The People's Republik, never come back because you will probably never afford to buy here ever again. Don't ask me to explain it; it just is. My parents found out the hard way. (trailer park) At least, it was about as nice of a senior mobile home park as you could imagine. But: neighbors 20 feet away that don't like the sound of your woodworking equipment. Quite an adjustment, so he spent the last 7 years of his life watching game shows. Exaggerating a little bit but not much.

So, I'm not smarter, just maybe a little luckier? I'll tell you one thing. Whatever game you play, Annuity, real estate, stock market, baseball cards, etc. It's hard to predict. Personally, I thought property was my ticket to comfort but right now, I don't have the right temperament for a land lord. Other people never respect your property. Then, it costs $1200 to evict them and you never recover the back rent and are lucky that they don't trash the place for you. People lose their jobs and suddenly, this is my problem? Nope. I am learning very slowly. Only rent to Republicans? Might work?

Where was I? Oh yeah, Liberals are not only jerks, they are control freaks.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters