The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Ryan Lochti spin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ryan Lochti spin
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 07:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This story about being robbed, gun cocked aimed at his head, etc etc. has more angles than you can count.

Nervous interview last night, I couldn't figure out exactly what he was saying other than "he accepts full responsibility." Well, fine.

Here's my question. Never addressed is justification for hauling out the cannon over $50 worth of vandalism? WTF? Since when do we accept that behavior, never mind that they broke a friggin' soap dish or a mirror? Suddenly, that's okay and justified because a group of drunk foreigners broke a couple things?

Why is THAT outrageous behavior never questioned by the asshole Media? I'm not defending these guys, at all. I just do not see where the remedy for minor vandalism is the use of deadly force....and it is accepted by our unbiased, (yeah, right!) Media.

End of Rant!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 09:56 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I probably shouldn't comment. Because I don't know what it's about. Don't know what he did, or was done to him. Just haven't paid any attention and just don't care.

But, just on what you said Leonard, some drunk foreigners come along and start breaking my shit and yeah, they just might get pistol whipped? Would depend on how comfortable I was just straight up kicking their asses? I'm getting too old to take a chance on that kind of thing, so I very well might pick something up and knee cap them?

Flip side, whoever this guy is and whatever he did, I do know he's there representing the United States of America and just by your post Leonard, it sounds like he's doing a piss poor job and probably needs his ass kicked a few times when he gets home? Fuck him, in other words?

Like I said though, I really have very little idea what you are even talking about. But, it sounds like whoever's shit he was breaking, might not have acted much different than I would have?

And, again, like I said, fuck him anyway.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 11:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the Olympics totally passed you by? So, this guy has won more Gold medals than anybody on the U.S. Swimming team except for Phelps, and if you don't know who he is, you actually do live in a vacuum.

I'm sure as hell not sticking up for the spoiled ass in any way, but you really think you would be justified in pulling a gun on him over some minor breakage? Seems to me the proper thing to do is get on the phone and give the Police physical description and the Taxi license number and then wave good bye?

Have we forgotten that pointing a loaded weapon at somebody absent defense of your life is usually frowned upon in the civilized world? That stunt can get a man in big trouble, where I come from, security guard or not, it's property, not a physical threat...even though it was reported that the Americans were behaving rudely, if that's the word?

I don't know, but I really don't think you would go off half cocked like that over such a minor issue. I thought you had a little more self control than that? [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I was just thinking of road rage type of arguments and I'm quite sure that people have been arrested and thrown in jail just for the act of pointing your finger at somebody in the shape of a pistol. Seriously, this has been reported on numerous occasions. Also, simply displaying a weapon in such a situation can also get you arrested for threatening, even if you never even pick it up, or I mean that it isn't pointed at anybody, just displaying it constitutes a legal threat. And, that is a far cry from actually holding a man at gunpoint and ordering them to lie down. You're bs-ing us you wouldn't do anything like that, would you?

edit: what I do agree with is: Fuck him anyway. The fucking spoiled brat told a big fat lie and he deserves to get raked over the coals, minimum.

[ August 21, 2016, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 11:43 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
The Olympics? Yup, passed me by almost entirely. I mean, sure I knew they were happening. Hell, I would have known that just visiting here [Smile] .

But, that is about the extent of it. Not a clue who won anything. Haven't had much interest in the Olympics since the USSR folded.

For practical purposes, I don't watch TV. Not quite literally, I watch NFL and NBA, a little college football and do watch other things once in awhile (I DVR Power Block, but am about a year behind on watching...). But it's not uncommon I go a week at a time without watching even a second of TV. And, I don't bother with sports radio this time of year, though do listen daily once the seasons get under way (I never came back from the strike, on baseball...).

So, anyway, yeah, really, they have just passed me by. Again [Big Grin] .

I wish I was level headed. I'm a lot more cautious than I used to be, about things that could get me in jail. But, drunks, strangers, foreigners to boot, breaking my stuff, I can't swear I wouldn't get violent with them. Put it this way, if I thought I could get away with it, I bet I would...

Pulling a gun, well, like you say, that's getting into the possibility of real trouble and I wouldn't do it for nothing. The last weapon I used, was a timing chain, it was the most handy thing on the floor of my truck just before I jumped out. Worth noting though - and it proves your point Leonard - I had a pistol even more handy, it stayed in the truck...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 01:57 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
From what I read the other two swimmers have said the guard never drew his weapon. Lochte fabricated that as well.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 04:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole story, top to bottom is suspect, Moe. And, having said that, and considering that one of them paid a $11,000 fine, in dollars, and everything has been contradicted EXCEPT the police never said there was no gun. Based on what they have said, my inkling is if there was no gun, they would have chirped that little detail right away. As I said, the whole thing is fishy, top to bottom.

That's really exasperating, not a single fact has not been disputed. Has anybody said there was no eleven thousand dollar fine? It's a fucked up story, no doubt about it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
You're reading stuff I haven't been privy to. I've been in the hospital for a few days but what I understood is that they were required to pay for the damage they caused. The court is pissed and wanted to do more but in the end they just want them out of the country.

Frankly, I don't understand why Locke thought he needed to make up the story at all. Maybe he plans to run for office as a Democrat?

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 03:36 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Parden my calling a spade, a spade, but...

a grown man who dyes his hair that color when it ain't Halloween, is pretty much proclaiming: "i'm a giant doooche-nozzle".

So, yeah. I can see that swimmer doooche acting like a doooche. Then trying to doooche his way out of being a dooooche.

That's what doooches do!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 03:48 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Knockemdown, I have to agree with you whole heartedly. What's hard to grasp is he supposedly is an adult,not.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 05:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I agree, too.

My only point is, (again) why no outrage over the gun threat? That's a serious thing and nobody's talking about it.

None of it has anything to do with pulling a gun on a vandalism situation. I know about the hair, but at least his point was well made; some of his teammates were teenagers and he's an old man at 30 years old. I don't have any trouble understanding his reason for that. Jesus, I'm having a hard time conveying my friggin' point! Forget about the goofy shit, justify the fucking gun!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 05:56 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm going to have to google him to see what he looks like...

- DAA

--------------------

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 06:22 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, that shithole down there is riddled with crime. Not uncommon to have armed guards at stores, shops, etc. to keep from being constantly victimized by the local animals...

Betcha if one of the local talent got rowdy & started breakn' shit, they'da gotten a face full of muzzle, too.

As 49 liked to say so poignantly: play stupid games, win stupids prizes!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, you don't need to google him, just look in the mirror! He's a handsome dude, the kind the girls swoon over, just like you.

In fact, if I were tempted, I'd do a custom title; DAA, second place Ryan Lochti look-a-like contest!

(am I bad, or what?)

Good hunting. El Bee

[ August 22, 2016, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2016 11:58 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Second place in the dooshiest dooosh bag looking dooosh ever, look alike contest?

Why not. I've been called worse! Just please, don't just a book by it's cover [Big Grin]

- DAA

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 22, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember how quickly they fall. That douche was a certifiable Hero before last week.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2016 06:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I am as tired as everybody else. Maybe exhausted is a better term?

However, if anybody wants to take the time to study this link to an article in USA Today; there are elements in it that raises questions. Maybe Lochti ain't the lying asshole the Media says he is? Not totally, anyway?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/21/investigation-ryan-lochte-rio-olympics-authorities/89082232/

Good hunting El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile, the mainstream media could be havin' a friggin' field day with all the illegal/immoral stunts hitlery has been pullin'. The evidence is there, served on a silver platter...

But, instead, this baloney is worthy of ongoing, up to the minute, news coverage...

Coincidence???

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2016 10:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, there are a couple descriptive words:

SQUIRREL !

Shiny object!

Don't think for a minute they don't know what they are doing. Our "FOURTH ESTATE" is pretty shameful! They have all this privilege and they abuse it. While everybody would like to think the NEWS is impartial, especially THE NEWS would like the public to think so, but it crosses the line past 'advocate' to blatant DISHONESTY.

So, maybe we need an agency of "Truthiness"? When the NY Times or MSNBC starts with completely dishonest reporting, would it be asking too much to have a SUPREME COURT OF TRUTH that would pull their ticket when they get "four pinochios"?

Completely dishonest journalism is fucking up this country!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2016 10:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sudden thought. Take our esteemed member, DAA. Let's say all he knows about the Ryan Lochti situation is what he reads on some Left Wing Website and they ask: should this guy be executed for telling a whopper?

So, Dave is quite willing:
quote:
probably needs his ass kicked a few times when he gets home? Fuck him, in other words?

...and also mentions, "kneecapping"

See, the Media has dutifully reported their version and he bought it hook, etc. Hey, it was in the New York Times, it must be true!

Do you see why this "Media" shit is becoming of concern? They get kings X every fucking day. Nobody holds them to account. So, now they operate like THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH, or PROPAGANDA.

Many people look no further than the three networks for their news. Understand that a hell of a lot of the time, it's what they fail to report that is just as bad, or worse!

Think about it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters