The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hey guys (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hey guys
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to add to some of your comments Leonard. In my opinion the polygamy thing started because the first two church leaders, Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, wanted a steady supply of Cute Young Things (CYT) to screw. There is a verse in the "Doctrine and Covenants", one of three books Joseph Smith wrote that Mormons consider to be on par to the bible, that says you have to marry at least 3 women to get into the kingdom of god. Also, women cannot be in any of the priesthood positions, only men. On these two issues they are on par with the rag heads.

I've never heard of women washing another woman down. I'm not saying in doesn't happen, I just never saw it or got the pleasure of doing it. I didn't stay in the church long enough to know many of the rituals that go on in the temple. Who knows if they let me wash down a CYT, I might have stayed in the church.

The massacre you are talking about is called the Mountain Meadows Massacre. They ambushed a wagon train and tried to make it look like an Indian attack. There have been two major changes in the church's policies that I know of. They are polygamy and blacks are not allowed in the priesthood. Whenever a serious or controversial issue comes up the President will suddenly have a vision where God tells the President to change the church's policy to make the controversy go away.

Many of the things that the church does is done to keep you in control. They have programs to keep young kids and teens involved. For boys it is our scouting programs starting with cub scouts up through Explorers. They have a different program for girls. Young people are suppose to go to a meeting once a week. High schoolers are suppose to go to a meeting before school which keeps you tired. They have members that are assigned to check in on other members including jack mormons like me. Although they stopped coming by decades ago. All of these things including the strange rituals are set up to keep the members busy and under control.

A good read was written by Jon Krakaurer titled Under the Banner of Heaven. It talks about a lot of the church's controversies and violent act like the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Banner-Heaven-Story-Violent/dp/1400032806

I know mormons are suppose to keep a year supply of food but I've have never heard that they inspect you stash.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1927 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 06:12 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
A few more things that I would like to add. My paternal grandfather died when my dad was only four years old. This was during the Great Depression so they were as poor as church mice. My dad and a mexican friend name Chico would milk ole man Irene's cow twice a day and run the whole milk through a cream separator. For their labors they were allowed to take a gallon of milk home to their families. The rest of the milk was split between wife 1 and wife 2 in a duplex style home. On wife would get all the cream for a week and then the other wife would get the cream for a week. Ole man Irene was always where the cream went.
My paternal paternal great grandfather had four wives and 27 kids so I must have a ton of cousins whom I've never met. He also went on three missions for the church to the gay bay. My sister and I found this out about 15 years ago going through my mothers pictures. We figured he married the first wife normally and the other three were offerings if he would go on a mission to San Fansisco. My mother was a little upset when I said: I can hear them saying "Go on another Mission and we will give you a fresh teenager." My paternal grandmother and an aunt were both anglos born in one of the mormon settlements in mexico. My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Crockett and a direct descendant of Davy Crockett.

The polygamists don't pay for all of those wives and kids. The first wife is married in a church with a legal marriage license. The rest of the wives are married only in the church. Then the church wed only wife goes on welfare, food stamps and today Obama care. We pay for it Dammit. How the church operates is in the book I mentioned. By the way, back in January I was driving through Safford and saw what appeared to be some FLDS which are the polygamist mormons. You can tell by their dress code. Do you know of any on the south side of Safford Koko?

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 06:22 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Too funny!

Leonard, that thing about no atheists on the death bed, that's something believers like to say, to comfort themselves. I don't think there is much truth to it though. Always makes me smile when believers say that. It's just projecting their own insecurities about their own beliefs on others, to make themselves feel better.

But, who doesn't wish this was all just a preliminary, before we get to the good stuff? Powerful, powerful deceit, upon which all Christian and a lot of non Christian religions leverage control of their members.

Many of my family members are in complete denial about me. They say to me, to themselves, to anyone that will listen, that "he really does believe". That's okay, it gives them comfort to believe that. In the same way it gives them comfort to believe in life after death. It's totally false though. I 100% do NOT believe in the Big Ghost. Don't believe in anything supernatural. Don't believe in life after death. Not even a tiny little bit. Don't see that suddenly reversing itself just because I'm about to check out.

If the Mormons start coming around, trying to recruit you, one sentence spoken in their own language will spook them off for good. Just tell them, "I don't have a testimony and I'm fine with that". The missionaries are trained well, part of the training is to insulate them from getting the wrong ideas from the people they talk to and they just don't want any truck with someone willfully denying a testimony (their term for their faith/belief).

Not too long after we moved into this neighborhood, they ganged up on me to twist my arm into being the scoutmaster. Said it was the one position that didn't require a testimony. So, I lied, told them I was a convicted felon (this to a group of about a dozen men, my new neighbors). That shut that down! [Big Grin] .

Funniest part though, was about a month later, the bishop was visiting (asked me to cut a cast off his boys arm, which I did, using a 3" cut off wheel, put the kids arm in my bench vise, he never flinched or showed any fear - love that kid!). Anyway, after I got the cast off, he told me he KNEW I was lying about being a felon but thought it was the most genius move to get out of getting corralled into being scoutmaster he had ever seen or heard of and he wasn't going to rat me out [Big Grin] .

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 06:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
AZ, you realize I have no direct knowledge of any of this stuff? I could be wrong on the inspections. I asked my CPA about the fact that they always wear long sleeved shirts to cover up the Magic Underwear and he said they now, in fact, have modified garments so you can at least roll up your sleeves. What I heard is that the only time they can remove the garment is for sex, but you had better get it on right after and not dally in the afterglow.

Yeah, in their services, they have rooms on the side where elder ladies will approach other women in the pews and encourage them to go into the side room to have their body cleansed. Never there, just heard about it, so probably not admissible evidence?

Actually, some of what I have heard comes from a woman I dated who was raised Mormon. Then, after 15 years of marriage, her husband left her. First priority, she went and got a boob job then completely walked away from her religion and now she has a book published. Supposed to be some juicy insider stuff. I'll look it up and post a link. Naturally, she's not welcome in the neighborhood any more.

When I was very young, okay preteen maybe, I with my family went on a tour at the Mormon Museum in Salt Lake City. They had displays of mummies, I guess "Latter Day Saints"? Most of them were doubled up, maybe all? Don't remember much else except the mummified bodies.

How many of you have visited The Polynesian Cultural Center, in Hawaii, on the north shore of Oahu? It's a very popular tourist attraction. Kind of like a miniature Disneyland. They have ?five different areas, from Tonga to Tahiti, and Samoa, anyway, most of the pacific Islands. They do different native dance routines all decked out in costumes, very elaborate. It's all done by the Mormon Church and there is a Mormon church on the property. There is a real nice show in the evening and afterwards, you will drive back to Honolulu very late, if that's where your hotel is.

It's kind of funny to see the obvious native people in costume and occasionally, you will see some white kid all decked out in tribal gear and doing the dances just like a native. Don't get me wrong, they stand out because they have white skin but they dance along with the others very well, so these kids are probably on a "mission"?

It's not really cheap, either, seems like admission is maybe $40 bucks or so? It really is something to do on Oahu, a worthwhile trip, I think. The second time, I was kind of bored, but my friend had not seen it so what are you going to do, you know? If you haven't been, do it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: well, I looked at the book by my Mormon friend and you guys would not be interested.
edit: but you might be interested in this: Her boob job had some kind of problem? No kidding, her boobs were rock hard and I am not exaggerating. Except for the nipples, this woman has no need for a bra. Anyway, never heard of this condition before?

[ August 14, 2016, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 06:49 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in Barstow back in the late 60's early 70's my best friends were Mormons from Beaver, Utah. Big family and as nice as could be.

But I've been around other Mormons that kept with those within their own circle of friends from the church. When I first moved back here to Oregon our next door neighbors were Mormon. The husband was friendly but the wife was standoffish and seemed upset when the husband talked to me.

We had a big boat that we kept at Newport and did a lot of salt water fishing with it. One time we caught far more tuna than we could use so I gave some of to our neighbors. The husband took it. Not more than a couple of hours later the wife showed up at our door with a big batch of cookies. I explained that I'm diabetic and couldn't eat the cookies and if they were some kind of payback for the fish it was totally unnecessary. She was not happy. I guess because we weren't part of the Mormon community she kinda resented our kindness. To me them taking the fish was doing us a favor. I guess to her it obligated them.

My friends in Barstow said I should convert but I'm too much of a heathen and enjoy it.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 08:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Az;
If there's any Poly-Mormons in this area they keep it pretty quiet.

There's some kind of Orthodox something. I see the Priest and occasionally a Nun or two with him.
Full length button down robe.
ZZ Top beard.
Nice cross on a chain.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 09:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There's some kind of religious retreat right in the middle of St David. Never paid much attention to affiliation.

The one's that kinda crack me up are the Greeks, orthodox. We went to one of their open houses in Marin, once. They, the priests look right out of central casting. But, I sampled quite a lot of greek food to know that I would never be happy in that country. Really odd stuff you would most definitely have to acquire a taste for. Probably because of that occasion, I have no interest in any food with "GREEK" in the label.

I went to a Buddhist wedding once. (my boss) It was at a temple not very far from me out by Etiwanda surrounded by a large open property. This was an Occidental marrying a Chinese. One side of the church was all white people and the other side was Chinese relatives and friends of the bride. It was hilarious because, aside from me and my wife, the white people knew all the responses and actively participated in the services, think lots of gongs, other stuff I don't remember.

But, the funny part was on the other side of the isle. These Chinese people were wide eyed, didn't understand anything that was going on. Oh forgot, this was a Japanese Temple, but still Buddhist. A sect I think called NSA? As a group, the Chinese are rather casual about religion. Unless they are Christian converts, then they sure are true believers. But the average Chinese seems indifferent to religion, hang a little charm from the rear view mirror and let it go at that.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: but, in general koko, Arizona has a lot of Mormons, but don't know how many are of the poly variety? As does Nevada. As does Idaho. As does Colorado. You know about Utah.

edit: here's an article about NSA. Yup, it's a cult.
https://freedomofmind.com/index.php/Info/infoDet.php?id=463

[ August 14, 2016, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 11:31 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the word you're looking for is "infidel", but I might be wrong.

Eager to hear what you decided on your solar. I figured a guy bought the panels, the converter, and a house full of marine batteries and you were good to go. Went to a prepper's convention and sat in on a company out of Texas - husband and wife team - that explained what to look for and what to avoid. Bunch of stuff about square waves, etc.. Well beyond my knowledge base. Much more than I thought was involved, but I did get to see my first wood gasification pickup truck - a '72 Jimmy. Guy drove it over 150 miles to get there trailing a plume of wood smoke the whole way. Got me to thinking of a guy could rig up a twin-lung cycle cylinder head to a boiler tank (e.g., water heater tank) and create a steam engine for running things that might run from something like that. We have a big old Baldwin Steam Locomotive in town and I need to ask those guys how that might be done.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2016 07:06 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, let's stop talking Morons and get back to Paul's off the grid cottage. Basically, you get what you pay for when it comes to inverters. Look at wattage, voltage and true/pure sine wave vs modified sine wave. A good modified wave inverter will run most appliances but then again it may not. It all depends how many steps are used to simulate a true sine wave. Some motors, appliances with capacitors or ballasts do not like stepped wave power. Stepped sine waves look like a bunch of stair case steps. A cheap inverter will not use as many steps as a good inverter so appliances may not work at all with the cheaper technology. I am fairly confident that pure sine wave inverters and stepped sine wave use the same technology. The difference being the pure sine wave inverters uses a whole lot more steps so it looks like a true sinusoidal sine wave to the appliances. It will even look like a true sinusoidal wave on an oscilloscope. Go to this link and scroll down just half a page and it will show you a steeped wave vs a sinusoidal wave.

http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/201347how-should-i-choose-a-ups/

Editied in: The wave form of a 120v DC battery will be perfectly flat. So you are taking a straight wave and have to change it a whole bunch into a sine wave. Don't ask me how they do it.

My father was a radio man during WWII and Korea. He later became a ham radio operator and he ran a ham radio club at a grade school he taught at. Being a ham and a science teacher he also had a love for electronics and actually repaired TVs for a while after WWII. He passed some of his knowledge onto me when I was young. He gave me a good book that covered some very basic electrical theories when I was very young. He also had me build a low wattage heath kit transmitter when I was maybe 13. When I first got into automotive repair, electrical problems were so simple for me. It was just all 12v DC, except secondary ignition. Today automotive repair goes from 5v to 120 v Dc to controlled area networks called CAN.

[ August 14, 2016, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters