The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Damn Obama and the internet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damn Obama and the internet
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 06:55 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Two days ago I saw on Glock Talk about how Obama signed in a new executive order that will put gunsmiths out of business. Don't bother to read any of the links you will find in the link below, just look at how this is all over the internet.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=obama+signs+executive+order+put+gunsmiths+out+of+business

I've been looking for this executive order for two days and it doesn't exists.

What does exist is a policy statement from Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) regarding ITAR guns. ITAR means International Traffic in Arms Regulation. Not all guns fall under ITAR but the DDTC doesn't give any guidance of what types of guns do fall under ITAR.

Here is a link to the DDTC policy statement. Everyone should read it, especially you akley lovers. Luckily it isn't too long.

https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/documents/ITARRegReqFirearmsManufacturers.pdf

In case you didn't read it, read this:

"2. Registration Required – Manufacturing: In response to questions from persons engaged
in the business of gunsmithing, DDTC has found in specific cases that ITAR registration is
required because the following activities meet the ordinary, contemporary, common
meaning of “manufacturing” and, therefore, constitute “manufacturing” for ITAR purposes:
a) Use of any special tooling or equipment upgrading in order to improve the capability
of assembled or repaired firearms;
b) Modifications to a firearm that change round capacity;
c) The production of firearm parts (including, but not limited to, barrels, stocks,
cylinders, breech mechanisms, triggers, silencers, or suppressors);
d) The systemized production of ammunition, including the automated loading or
reloading of ammunition;
e) The machining or cutting of firearms, e.g., threading of muzzles or muzzle brake
installation requiring machining, that results in an enhanced capability;
f) Rechambering firearms through machining, cutting, or drilling;
g) Chambering, cutting, or threading barrel blanks; and
h) Blueprinting firearms by machining the barrel."

The cost to register to perform the above services is only $2025.00 annually. Some small gunsmiths and accessory manufacturers will go out of business or at least reduce their business to services that don't require registration.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1926 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 09:54 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
technically, the 07 licensing has always been there. Most gunsmiths only were licensed under the 01 type license. The ATF had no real authority to enforce the regs, and even had an ATF employee tell me that the 07 was not needed. This is a clarification of what the current admin deems 'manufacturing'

I have a pdf of the letter sent out, but can't get it to link to this post....I will try later

So if you want to chamber that buddies 22-250 AI....you have to register with ITAR....our cost is $2250/annually.

Elections have consequences.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 06, 2016 10:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little slow, this morning. Is this shit true, and in force right now? As a congresional bill/ law, or a burocratic regulation?(same consequence)

Your figures are a little off. Why is that? Not saying somebody is incorrect, just looks like the fee is not the same?

Yes, Geordie, if you can find that pdf, I'd kinda like to look at it.

Good huntin. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 11:06 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Lb....the definition of gunsmithing by the ATF has not changed, the ITAR has basically just included basic gunsmithing int THEIR definition of manufacturing.

$2250 is what I show for ITAR.....SOT is $500 and 07 is around $100.

I will try to email you the pdf...feel free to post

My apologies to Az,,,,he already published the pdf in his post.....second link

[ August 06, 2016, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: CrossJ ]

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 11:10 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the clarifications. It confirms what I'd ciphered out of the stuff I've read. And I'd like to look at the .pdf too.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 11:31 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, Aznative posted a link to the PDF I referenced ....his second link

This 'glitch' has always existed (have a weird scenario regarding)....but until recently has been basically a non issue inadvertently created by multiple gov't bureaucracies and their regulatory overlap. Knowing that, one must realize the amount of energy and resources it took to discover and implement this kind of 'commonsense gun control' Obama and his protege Hillary have been preaching about.

My guess is more is coming. Something not mentioned here is the effects it will have on sbr's and suppressors in trusts, because to date, an individual can still do his own smithing, but a trust stands as a separate entity.....more grey area. I have also been told of gov't reg over reach that could possibly effect reloaders....who knows.

Elections have consequences

--------------------

Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 12:57 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie what is SOT $500.00?

--------------------

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2016 02:44 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Special Occupation Tax....transfer 'class 3' ....the guy who handles your 200$ tax stamp and transfer of suppressors and sbr's must have an SOT

--------------------

Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the clause that worries me about reloading:

"d) The systemized production of ammunition, including the automated loading or
reloading of ammunition;"

How do they define systemized production and/or automated loading?

Even if you only use a lee loader you have to have a system. Also, how do they define automated? A rockchucker has an auto primer feeder. A Dillon 550 has an auto primer feed and an automatic powder drop. You can add a automatic case feeder to the 550 too. A Dillon 650 has auto primer feed, auto case feeder, automatic powder drop, and I don't even want to get into the Dillon 1050.

Where are they going to draw the line?

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters