The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tired already...(can't spell either)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tired already...(can't spell either)
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2016 02:22 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
of the heat that is. Only day of 100 and I hate it.
Also watching the Pioneer fire out the front door.
Just happy we have a SW type wind and it's blowing the smoke towards Montana or there about.
MM14 fire is 60% contained but sounding like it will be winding down fairly fast in the next couple of days.
So more big game hunting habitat going up in smoke. Winter habitat already gone up in smoke.
All I can say is just let me get through the rest of the summer safely with no fire knocking at my door.

[ July 21, 2016, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: earthwalker ]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Been seeing some pics from others in the fire's paths. Hopefully get it corralled soon. Been carrying mail in 100+ heat indices for the past four days, and Saturday before that. I hate heat, and I hate humidity more. Have the next three days off. Won't go outside unless I have to.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2016 03:46 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
MM14 fire is contained as of last night. Don't know when they will call it controlled.

Now the Pioneer fire is cranking it's N of Idaho City out in the back 40.
It grew to 1300 acres yesterday. It's in some rugged nasty country and timber that hasn't been logged in ages or even a big fire in it. So there is a lot of down dead timber. A lot of elk hunting going up in smoke.
Only nice thing is the wind is out of the S more or less and keeping the smoke away blowing it all to Montana.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2016 06:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
All I know is we have another 100 degree day awaiting and sure as night follows day, we will have fires in SoCal. If not accidental, the firebugs will help with that.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2016 08:46 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the smoke blew over this way last night/early morning. Not too bad yet.

Here we go again ?

[ July 22, 2016, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2016 05:27 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but you're underneath it.
I work dead smack in the middle of it.
It was blowing out this early eve.
Could see to the west again.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2016 09:50 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
True, I pray, August doesn't go up in smoke ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 03:09 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been hot here, too, but I'm about 30 days out from heading to Montana on vacation, which will help cool me off some. First spend about 8 days in Glacier, then drop down to Yellowstone for the rest before returning to Great Falls to fly back on Sept 15th. I figure about 30 days after that the temps should start falling around here.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 08:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Del;
Long time....No hear from.
Welcome back !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2016 09:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, no kidding! Call off the search party.

Hey, sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy yourself and check in on your return, if you can.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2016 04:59 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Koko.

Yeah, Leonard, it's been a long, hot summer and I'm beat. Really looking forward to some chilly weather out there.

Y'all take care, and I'll look in when I can. [Smile]

--------------------

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2016 06:45 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay safe Del.

You still OTJ or retired?

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2016 08:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of long time no see?

49, you know, some of us have rode your butt for pretty trivial reasons, bc nobody likes to get a damned ticket.

However, in view of the BLM bullshit and with the Media and Democrats stirring shit and inciting ambushes and other outrageous behavior directed against law enforcement, I just want to say: everybody here has your back. I blame the Liberal Media.

Our differences are NOTHING, I support the police 100% and so does every member here. Don't forget it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2016 03:27 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard.

I do appreciate it.

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2016 05:21 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, 49.

Yeah, I'm still OTJ. Turned 59 this month. I'd like to do 4 more...that'll put me retiring with maximum retirement and also eligible to collect SS. I'll retire prolly in Nov 2020, hang out here for about 6 months, then move to Montana to live out my days fishing, camping, and hunting.

I still have the Bone Daddy, my beloved Airedale, but he's 10 or 11 years old. He and I are both old dogs, it seems.

--------------------

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2016 06:49 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good Del.

I am looking at the end of next year....though, that could change.

[ July 31, 2016, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2016 02:37 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 

Agreed. Current events, depending on the trajectory they take, could expedite the timeline.

Keep your head down.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2016 03:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Starting with Hillary succeeding the current Shit Stirrer in Chief, and his trusty partner getting the rabble all worked up because; "slaves built the Whitehouse." They sure know the right buttons to push. Cops already have a large enough target on their back, thanks Michelle!

I'm telling you, that bitch needs a good screw to calm her down, she sure isn't getting it from Limp Dicked Barry.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2016 03:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that she's the one that wears the strap-on.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters