The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Do any huntmasters have an unlimited verizon data plan?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do any huntmasters have an unlimited verizon data plan?
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2016 02:22 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
If so I have some good news for you maybe.

[ July 17, 2016, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2016 04:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I use Verizon on my iPhone but I don't think it's unlimited? What did I win?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31277 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2016 04:34 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I have 1 GB of data, unlimited calls and texts. More than enough for me.

What's the good news? Data is getting so competitive, I've been hoping the pricing would come down a bit.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2016 06:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what happened to me, I got a call, out of the blue, from Verizon customer service. They said, we noticed that you don't use much of your data and we'd like to switch you to a cheaper plan. So, far <shrug> no problem, it's just about $8 cheaper than before and I still never use it all.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2016 08:07 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
What you won is the right to tether and/or set up a wifi with your phone. If you have an unlimited plan you will have to pay an extra 20 bucks per month but that is all. Verizon fought this but lost the battle in court. When the FCC auctioned off the frequecy range and Verizon won the bid, there were stipulations put into the bid that the end users could do whatever they wanted with their devices and software. Verizon has not be abiding by this clause and has vigorously fought the end users tethering. You have the right to tether with a regular data limited account but you have a data limit. Now data limits are ok if you are just working off of a phone, but if you tether up a computer and want to download a movie, one movie could eat up your data limit. Now I don't download movies yet, but I do plan on traveling a lot in 1.5 years. I have banking needs and do all of it online which I don't want to do at say a McDonalds wifi. I have no problems with banking via Verizon's 4g network since the data is encrypted while airborne. While traveling I will probably get a netflix or amazon prime account for entertainment while on the road; thus the need to download movies. I don't believe the same rule apply to the 3g network.

--------------------

Yotehntr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3684

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2016 03:04 PM      Profile for Yotehntr   Author's Homepage   Email Yotehntr         Edit/Delete Post 
I use my phone and wii-fii to my laptop at work. I did the same when I had unlimited but had to use the app fox-fii, never had any problem with it.

--------------------
Yotehntr Calls Put something pretty on your lips! ;)

Posts: 53 | From: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2016 05:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, maybe they conned me, in case I had any ideas?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2016 04:44 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
You are most likely money ahead Leonard. Unless you plan on tethering to stream movies, you are better off with a limited data plan. To maintain an unlimited plan you have to buy the phone outright. I purchase my phones on eBay . With the limited plans you can get really good deals on a new phone from Verizon.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters