The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who Are They?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who Are They?
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Well myself and a couple coyote-hunting-clowns had a really good time out here in Montana last week. We caught a lot of fish and managed to kill a pretty decent pile of coyotes as well. Here is a photo of the Three Musketeers together with one of several coyote kills. I'll give you one hint, I'm the guy in the middle. So who are the other two knuckle heads? [Smile]
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2016 04:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You got me? I'm not very good on coyote hunter celebrities?

Come on, somebody?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: we're gonna need a hint

[ July 13, 2016, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2016 08:13 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh............
The fourth member of ZZ Top and a retired power lifter ????

What do I win ????

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2016 11:00 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Me, I'm just the lucky guy that got to hunt with these two characters.
Tim Spike Davis (the cartoonist for predator XTreme magazine) and Matt Piippo (who is Les Johnson's right hand man with Predator Quest) was a total kick in the butt to hang out with. If anyone ever has a chance to hunt with either one of them, you should jump at the chance. Tim Spike Davis has a great sense of humor and will keep you smiling. Matt Piippo has booming voice and is a larger than life type of person. He is pretty dang funny in his own right, but his incredible skill at hand calling coyotes is absolutely amazing. He makes the most realistic coyote vocals of anyone I've ever met or hunted with. In fact there are times I have a real hard time telling whether it's Matt or a real coyote. He is that good! Anyway we piled up the coyotes and caught and released a mess of fish. It was a great few days. The hunting and fishing Gods were good to us. [Smile]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2016 12:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks, Troy. Sounds like a great time had by all.

I have met Les here and there and his partner was in one case his brother but I don't think it was Matt the other times as he doesn't look familiar to me. But, I haven't watched his show in a long time, I had his show when I had either Dish or DirecTV, don't remember which?Anyway, I don't think I get it now? I have Time Warner.

Tim Spike Davis is also not familiar to me? I would have guessed ZZ Top and split the prize money with ko ko. I used to get that magazine, once in a while as a freebee, but not lately.

How come you get to hunt with all these celebrities? Is prob because of your prime fishing access. It would tempt me.

What does a non res non game hunting license cost in Montana?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2016 03:41 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Your quetion about why I get to hunt with all these celebrities puzzles me as much as it does you. I haven't had broadcast TV in my home for over 20 years. Heck I just barely got Netflix a couple years ago. So I'm definitely not some obsessed groupie. Half the time I didn't even know some of these guys were on tv until they told me while we were hunting. Tim Spike Davis would be a good example of that. While we were headed to a stand he told me about being on an Animal Planet reality tv show. He was out on some island for two weeks and hunted wild pigs with a long bow. I've never seen the show, but would probably watch it if showed up on Yutube or something
As for Montana hunting licenses, coyotes are not protected game so no official license is required. I think you have to get a conservation license and a State Land use permit though. I think the total cost is $35.00 or less. It's not expensive. A 10 day fishing license will set you back sixty something bucks though.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters