The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Coyotes are so weird...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyotes are so weird...
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2016 10:16 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Coyote toilet

I was camping with a few of you guys on one of the early HM campouts. One morning, I took a roll of TP and headed out to the desert to do some paperwork. I found where some other camper had done his business. There was a coyote terd right on top of the old toilet paper. Coyotes are weird man!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

[ July 04, 2016, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2016 10:19 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. I've forgotten how to post pictures on this board. I used photo bucket.

I even tried imageevent because I know it works for Dave. $25 just to post a funny coyote terd?!?!
I'd sooner email it to Dave so he could post it. Isn't there a free image hosting site that works here?

P.S. I did just send it webmaster@rmvh.com

[ July 04, 2016, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, I haven't checked that email address in a river of years. No idea how to even check it anymore. I'm daveslc at hotmail dot the usual.

Picture posting:

[img]paste picture url here[/img]

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2016 08:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's about all I know, too. It looks okay to me? Last hope, Fred.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2016 11:24 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

I battled with this a time or two myself and Fred helped me get it fixed. When using PB select "Direct" and cut and paste that here. Than add the [IMG] http://blahblahblah.jpg [/IMG]

Make sure there is no spaces between any parts of it. I just ran through the steps again to make it works

-

[ July 05, 2016, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2016 05:32 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2016 06:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
FRED, CLEAN UP ON ISLE #3!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2016 08:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting for Danny
--------------------

-

Ever heard someone threaten to, "rip your head off and shit down your neck?"

I suppose this could be the coyote making good on his threat to, "let a truck run you over, eat you head and legs off, then shit on your shell!!
--------------------

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2016 09:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the biggest coyote turd you ever saw? At a certain point, like "tracks", you start thinking wolf. That is, until you have actually witnessed wolf scat. Wolf scat seems to contain enormous amount of deer fur, versus coyote containing rabbit fur.

I occasionally stumbled across coyote turds that were close to ten inches long, straight intact and awesome. You know, something you want to pick up and save, for show and tell? lol

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2016 08:47 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Maybe a 10 incher, furry and fat!

Thank you for responding. Coyotes poop in the strangest places. Lol

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2016 04:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Strangest places?

How about the Gray Fox habit of taking a dump squarely on top of a large rock? Gotta admit, that's strange.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2016 04:30 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not the same thing, but had a coyote piss on my truck tire while I was on a stand once.

- DAA

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not the same thing either, but. You know the lengths some people go to hide the truck? The theory is that a coyote will not approach a stand if they see a vehicle within miles.

I always get a kick when a coyote has to run past my truck to get to the set up, maybe a quarter mile away. (without a glance, BTW) Of course, some places, they shoot "at" every coyote they see, and then they don't understand why the coyotes are shy? Primarily farm country, of course.

Was the tire wet? Did he lift his leg, do a lot of scratching?

But, just when you think you know exactly what a coyote will do....
I had a coyote yip/howl right on my back bumper once, and I was inside sleeping. I got up and looked down at him from the hatch, then killed him as he sauntered away, with the shottie.

The thing I get a kick out of is when you kick out a coyote walking into a stand, and they stop to take a shit before running off. Not many times, but I have killed a few that were all hunched up, taking a dump while looking right at me.

I will never forget the time, at night when we had a dead gray fox at the 1:o'clock position, fifty yards away. I picked up a coyote a few minutes later, out at the 9 o'clock, he was maybe 150 or so? But instead of running straight for the fox, and at the time, I was clueless, he circled counter clockwise, maintaining his distance, somewhat. Then, when he got downwind, @ 2 o'clock, he ran straight at the fox, picked it up in pretty heavy cover and escaped without a shot fired. Of course, he was previously downwind of me between 4 and 3 o'clock, so he knew where I was and where the fox was and I will never understand how I was throughly bamboozled, he pulled my pants down and stole my fox like taking candy from a baby. Not only that, but I didn't know he stole the fox until I walked out to get it and it was gone. Remember this: coyotes love gray fox, maybe more than rabbit or feral cats?

The thing to remember is, a coyote will never take the long way around to pick up your scent, but this one did a 3/4 circle, traveling three times a far as he would have, just to pick up my scent, the short way. He KNEW where that fox was, maybe he was tracking the fox's trail, but I can't prove that? I have never seen anything like it? Oh, I have seen many coyotes circle me and then hide behind a bush, but this was like a dog stealing an ice cream cone from a two year old, and I was the two year old!

I mean, that was almost supernatural. All those routine kills, and then something like this! And, literally eats at you! I'll get that sucka!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters