The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 80 MPH (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 80 MPH
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 11:04 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
That's the speed limit on most of Idaho's interstate. What is it in other place's, you guys call home ?
I think it's too fast. IMO. Oregon now is 70 MPH that seems about right to me. I drive a 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ body & a 86 Chevy K10 sometimes, these rigs can't handle it.

My women have better rigs, I guess that's the way it should work ? But, for an old guy with limited resources. I mean fuck we can't all have modern vehicles. I can't afford it.

It just seems to me our state lawmakers, would have plenty to do, other than being worried about raising speed limits ?

[ May 15, 2016, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
If its 80 might as well just have no limit at all.
70 around here. Mexicans drive anywhere from 25 to 150 mph no matter whats posted ,so,...you just have to watch for those guys. If they plow into you, your left holding the bag, cause if they can, they just jump out of the car and take off running anyways.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 10 posted May 15, 2016 11:44 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats why its nice to have a couple of Airedales that pin them in the corner of the fence. One thing they don't like dogs! [Big Grin] Though not always handy when going down the road!

Interstate is 75 here.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 11:54 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
No shit, Mark. Seems like around town they seem to drive @ least 10 MPH under the limit.
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 12:03 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
A quick story, about a year before, I went to work @ Campbell Tractor. They had an old guy who was the parts runner/warehouse guy.

He rear ended a car load of Mexicans. It was his fault !!

They all took off runnin' [Eek!]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 12:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's how you know that's an illegal driving. At least ten miles under the limit; unless they're drunk. And they are severely challenged about the fast lane concept.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS over all, Asians are the worst drivers on the planet!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 12:25 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny...When I lived up in North Central Washington during apple harvest I could always count on having to replace at least one pole when I came into work on Monday morning. Mexicans go into town and get drunk then bounce off the utility poles on their way home. Most times they just left the scene unless one of them got killed but that seldom happened.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 02:50 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
In the two states I wonder most the limit is 75 on the interstate and two lane roads that aren't too crowded seem to have a 65 limit on them.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 03:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Mexicans drive "beaters" and seldom carry collision insurance that will fix your vehicle. Beware!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 03:40 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
80 on most interstate in Utah. I like it. Just set the cruise on 85 and roll. Even in my Jeep. Frequently run 90 to 100 in my truck. It's 70 through cities. I never do less than 75 unless I'm caught behind a Mormon road block.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2016 06:38 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
"Mexicans drive "beaters" and seldom carry collision insurance that will fix your vehicle. Beware!"

Up in Washington they'll get like a half dozen of them together and buy a used SUV. No insurance for sure.

Up in that part of the country there's no way to track them. No ID and certainly no fingerprints on file. Brewster, WA was the murder capital of the US on a per capita basis. One illegal kills another illegal then runs. They'll go somewhere else and change their name. Most of them get away.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2016 06:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand they have a wife and kids in Mexico. And, they have a wife and kids in "NORTHERN MEXICO" too. And, make no mistake, they are taught that in the schools from the time they were little, we stole their country. They are taking it back, one baby at a time, and we pay for it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2016 03:11 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Way back when I worked for the School District fleet, I got a call because one of our vehicles was in an accident in route to the District Headquarters, AKA the cesspool. When I got there, I talked to the driver and it was a car full of Mexicans that just took off. He gave the officer the license plate number and it came back with an English sir name. Those illegals don't even bother to register their vehicles. They just buy a car with lots of time left on the current tags and never transfer it into their own name. Today the owner can take the plates at time of transfer which would force a transfer.

As far as Az speed limits: 75 on fairly straight sections of freeways. 65 while driving on curvy mountain freeway roads with posted exceptions for tight turns. Two lane roads can be anywhere from 50-60 mph. Slower speeds within city limits.

[ May 16, 2016, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2016 05:48 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_wglVv-7Qo

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2016 07:02 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed a "weird situation" Saturday morning.

There were like 4-5 young white boys, out in the field picking asparagus.

Go figure ?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2016 05:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but, what kind of row crop is asparagus? It just pops up here and there, doesn't it?

Those boys have a contract, I bet? Somebody's mom is having a big crowd over for Memorial Day. That stuff is always expensive.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2016 10:10 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you're probably right Leonard. You're also correct in that it just grows everywhere. Kind of a weird crop for around here ?

There's a crew of Mexicans every morning picking that stuff. Hell they burned that field this spring to clean it up. Wham !! it starts growing again. I guess when you plant a field in that stuff, you can't hardly get rid of it.

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they were setting up a game of Old Maid's Delight. Stoop tag in the asparagus patch.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 05:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend that has a big patch of asparagus. It seems to be self sustaining, he throws a layer of straw and horse manure and it explodes with more than he can eat so a good portion becomes bushes. I love the stuff! Could be my favorite vegetable along with corn.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 05:56 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, LB. We love our vegetables at our house but Asparagus and fresh corn on the cob can't be beat.

French green beans and brussell sprouts get a lot of attention this time of year, too.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 08:59 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
So how do you guys like to cook your asparagus ?
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 10:32 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I steam it but I also like to put it on the BBQ when I grill steaks. Another great way is dipped in a tempura batter and deep fried. Dip it in Blue Cheese dressing. I make that myself, too.

I lived in China when I was a kid and I like to prepare a lot of the food I liked when I lived there. Asparagus goes into some of those recipes.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 12:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Moe;
Do you do anything special when you put asparagus on the bbq ???

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 01:00 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Eat asparagus almost every day with lunch, usually just steam it in the microwave. But when cooking it for dinner, I do it up all kinds of ways, fried with butter, bacon, tempura, steamed with honey. Just depends on what it is going with.

One of the very few plants I am comfortable enough identifying to pick growing wild.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2016 05:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tips guys. Here is an odd tidbit about myself. I hate veggies !!

About all, I can eat is sweet corn & green beans.

A few weeks ago we had a BBQ @ work for something or another, anyway I had a few BBQ'd pieces of asparagus, wasn't too shabby. I think they were basted in butter ?

I'm going to play with the suggestions a little.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters