The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » More negative NJ LE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More negative NJ LE
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2016 10:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
also, I understood, that his question, a long time ago was determined to be extremely poor police procedure. Why didn't he get the memo?

http://www.infowars.com/woman-arrested-for-staying-silent-during-traffic-stop-sues/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 12:42 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
The woman has a lawsuit, and will no doubt get a substantial payout.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 02:28 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Reckon that video will make it to police academies all over the country, for training purposes...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 02:38 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what happened here? I guess we don't need judges or juries anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olziF-iGt0

[ May 13, 2016, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So ............ What should the cop have done ???
Admit that she's too smart for him & let her go ??
Write a ticket or three ??
Shoot her in self-defense ??

It must really suck to be a cop sometimes.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 02:53 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Easy, koko.

Give her the ticket for the infraction she was stopped for, and go back to work...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 13, 2016 03:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I watched it, and in my opinion, the cop did not know the law. I don't know what the woman's motive, and she may have been drinking, who knows? But, I think she is technically within her rights not to say anything. That would severely interfere with law enforcement, but the answer isn't to arrest anyone who remains silent , because as everybody has heard and knows: ANYTHING YOU SAY, CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU.

Seems to me, the cops can't have it both ways. Makes it tough to be a cop but too fucking bad. And, I'm not really unsympathetic.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 05:41 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Michigan State Police trooper tell me that they were allowed to lie to people to get information without any penalty to the trooper. However, if you lie to a MSP trooper, it is a crime.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2016 02:42 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
They can and do lie all the time.If you think otherwise you must have your head stuck where the sun don't shine. And besides that Anything you say, can and WILL be used against you in a court of law.
Besides that there is the little thing about self incrimination to think about also. I hope she sues and wins millions from those bastards.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2016 08:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, cops lie, that's a well known fact, completely legal. If that statement don't sound fucked up, I don't know what does?

However, I can understand it, it's a tool they use all the time. And, being moderately aware, I know better and am skeptical of anything they say. What burns my ass is in the trial, a jury is far more likely to believe the cop over the "Turd".

I know this personally based on a minor traffic infraction many years ago, only it was the judge that decided against me. Then, walking out of court, the officer stepped in front of me and admitted very candidly, that what I said had happened could have, and most likely did happen. Well, it was 6 o'clock, court was adjourned and I had lost a day's pay to protest a very minor fine, BUT STILL ! IT'S A RIGGED SYSTEM ! Even though I had specified that I wanted to call Officer Smith back to the stand. And, I had everybody in the courtroom yucking it up, and I mean everybody. Officer Smith had his back turned to the sound and just assumed I was responsible. When I explained it and drew a picture on their board, he was honest enough to see and understand that I was telling the truth. And, the first words out of his mouth were: "I observed..." He didn't observe shit!

Judge couldn't wipe the grin off his face, but still pronounced me guilty; pay the clerk. I can imagine stuff like this is still happening, although this happened in the 60's. But, I still have a hard on over it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2016 05:40 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
It's no secret that the "blue veil" of protection for the lying cops is alive and well thanks to the prosecutors and judges that are protecting them.

I have seen cops lie under oath on their statements, lie under oath in depositions and lie under oath on the witness stand in court.

I have also seen the same lying pieces of trash pay after being named as defendants in a civil lawsuit.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2016 06:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well. A police officer is the closest thing to an expert witness that a jury will ever see testify. And, gold plated perfection on credibility, too.

If you don't remember anything else, cops will lie under oath. And, it's a given, that judges and jury believe that anything a defendant says on the witness stand is automatically a lie.

But, I will stand with them, over your average defendant. That's just the way it is.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters