The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Allmost Homeless

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allmost Homeless
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 6 posted May 03, 2016 06:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Well , sold the house we finally go into escrow this week. Escrow should close on the 15th of June or thereabouts.
After close I can purchase the new manufactured home and start prep for its delivery septic, grading, water Tank/pump ,Solar ect. While this is going on we will be living in our little camp trailer.
So sometime this year we will be off grid no mortgage no utilities. will still use some propane but very limited water haul once a month. I am very happy to be making this change its just to much living in the city limits getting crazier everyday.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 06:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, Paul. You are to be envied!

That's interesting, on the escrow closing. I just sold a house and it closed with a 45 day escrow. Seems like the trend is getting shorter and shorter, good or bad?

Interesting that there seems to be a lot of confusion about my residence, since then? I never lived in that house but as soon as I sold it, suddenly, (on credit reports) we are told that I live(d) there? Annoying.

So, curious. If you don't mind, how much does that water cost, per month?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 03:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard Not sure if I'm excited or scared to death. What normally wouldn't be a big deal is a little daunting as one ages. The water situation is this I will have a tank approx. 2500 gal. that gets filled as needed usually 1 time per month at a cost of $60.00. That water is delivered in a stainless steel pump truck. In addition I have a 350 gal water trailer that I run into town about 3 miles and fill at the water company@ .01/ gal for those of you from Yorba Linda that's $3.50. I am going to collect my grey water and use it for garden , fruit trees and Critters ect. I'm not sure how much water we will actually use but will fill up monthly anyway. The water guy lives about a half mile down the road from me so I should be an easy one for him or if I need an unexpected fill up. interesting note The original owner of Whitey's water service offered me his truck and 700 accounts as well as his home for $150,000.00 had I not gotten sick I would be the water guy. I will try to keep you up on progress as it goes along. When all is said and done we can have one hell of a camp out.

[ May 04, 2016, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 07:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Might just file that water guy's number for future reference. (me)

What you pay for water is not a whole lot different from what the city of Upland charges me, and then threatens me if I use too much of it, or use it on unauthorized days.

All in all, I think you are headed in the right direction, you're my hero!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2016 03:42 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Paul!
Hope your transition is smooth & comfortable...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2016 06:32 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
'Off the Grid', sounds so satisfying! Good for you and best of luck on continuing good health!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2016 07:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now maybe you can put that Foxfire book to good use.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2016 07:02 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds great Paul. I wish I was joining you.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2016 02:33 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it Paul! Hope it's nothing but smooth sailing!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2016 04:42 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Having worked on fire lookouts forever. You're going to have to relearn your water usage.
Get the lowest water flow toilet you can.
5 gallon toilets waste water. When you flush all you can think of there goes 5 gallons!!
I can make 1,000 gallons last from now until October. But only one person and no washing machine and not full time living. I actually dump about 300 gallons in the fall when we shut down and I always cry when we open the valve.
You'll learn and fast. Get a bunch of barrels and gather water off the roofs(if it rains there).
Good luck.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2016 07:06 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Paul !! Since, I moved outta' town. I do my part by saving my well, from the 5 gallon's a flush.

I pee outside almost every time [Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 07:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the well wishes getting closer to d day
I'll let ya know how it goes. On another note no water to flush Me and the Oldlady have been using a compost toilet for a couple of years up there is lotsa compost nothing to use it on yet. Will definitely have some fruit trees in time as well as a garden and greenhouse.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 08:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, but this is an interesting thread. Very thought provoking. I think the greenhouse is a great idea, BTW.

Good Hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2016 04:21 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if you hadn't went the composting way or not.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters