The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Attention: Okies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attention: Okies
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted May 02, 2016 05:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody explain the process in obtaining a concealed carry license in Oklahoma.

Thanks!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 05:54 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
One day course given by certified instructor (covers legals mostley)

Submit finger prints/pphoto on application with money for back groud check and sign off from cheif leo of resident county

Wait

Get new pic ID and start packing

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 08:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 11:08 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
What....no back story?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 11:11 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
yea, don't leave us hangin

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 03, 2016 12:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, probably should wait until it appears in National Enquirer, but.

I recently sold the house in Yucca Valley. Yes, the house I only owned for seven and a half months. Reason: my girlfriend moved back to Oklahoma City. She wants to be legal. (ccw) But doesn't want to "break up". Who can blame her?

However, she thinks I can come out there as often as I was making the trip to YV? Dream on, Sugar!

But, it could result in a visit, on down the road....and at such time all our Okie members will be invited, complete with dust ups, blood and lots of alcohol and visits by law enforcement; at least that's what I understand takes place.

Just kidding. Just kidding!

Don't let us get ahead of ourselves, mark it tentative as it would surely be the social event of the season, but don't wear your good clothes.

There! Cat's out of the bag! Happy?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 12:57 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Visiting OKC is easy as pie.

Hell, I'll be there tomorrow. Home again Friday morning. Do it all the time. Averaged at least ten visits a year for the last 25 years. Some years, twenty visits. Closest thing I have to a home away from home, is OKC. All for work, BTW...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! If I didn't know better, I might be suspicious, Dave. wink!

Gee, I thought I would be hammered or scorned or?

OK, it's early yet. I know I should dump her, and move on, but she has, how shall we say this? A few exceptional qualities.

As far as the house, believe it or not, I actually made a few bucks on the deal.

Seriously, I have come to the conclusion that Okies are decent people and as far as making the trip, it would be 50-50 motivation as to meeting some of our members from those parts and also visiting Karen. wink!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 05:51 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
dave, you should holler, I just live about 50 miles north of the city, we could meet up for supper sometime, y boy would love to talk to you about you pics of dwellings

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2016 06:39 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I might get convinced to make that road trip. Only about 6 hours from me. Make it the one week out of the year that tornadoes won't kill you since those crazy Okies don't know how to build a house with a basement.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 03:30 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Went a took the one day class a week ago cost 50$
Next step pay the county sheriff office 25$ for the finger printing.
Get two passport style photos 10$
get a money order for 200$ to the OSBI send it in.
Wait up to 90days to get your card.
As far as Okies not knowing how to build a house that's just the city folk that can't get it right.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 05:31 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
dave, you should holler, I just live about 50 miles north of the city, we could meet up for supper sometime, y boy would love to talk to you about you pics of dwellings
I'd enjoy that!

They usually have me going from can see till can't on these trips, make sure they get their moneys worth out of me, but I do get an evening off once in awhile.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 07:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
those crazy Okies don't know how to build a house with a basement.
Hmm? I thought it was because they prefer trailers?

Good hunting.El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
dave, let me know if you et a chance, I would enjoy getting together. what do you have to come to the city for?

the basement deal on house here has a lot to do with most places you try that here end up filling with water over time, walls go to leaking bad cause of the water table

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 11:15 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting. I always wondered why nobody has a basement out here? The water table's way down there, so that's not it. Virtually everyone has a slab floor, unless the house was built a hundred years ago and then it would have a crawl space with hardwood floor.

The more recent homes are built with tensioned cables imbedded in the slab which is supposed to keep the foundation from cracking in earthquakes. Well, actually, cracks don't show up right away, sometimes months afterwards.

I have a slab, like everyone else around here, and I have cracks. Just as all the block walls have cracks, can't do much about it unless you build it like a retaining wall with massive rebar upgrades and footings.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: "prestressed" is the word I was looking for, above.

[ May 04, 2016, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 05:44 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
OKC? Don't they have a speed limit of 85 on the interstate? Alright I am joking, they do slow down to 70 when the roads and bridges are covered in ice.

I think I drive thru there about 6 or 8 times a year.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2016 07:46 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny Dan. The speed limit is 80 on most of the interstate in Utah. And nobody ever got pulled over for doing 85. Drives me CRAZY how slow people drive here in OKC!

Ryan, my job has changed completely in the last year. Used to be mostly facilities and operational stuff. Don't do hardly any of that anymore. I'm basically a project manager now, for software. I meet with everyone involved, the programmers, the product managers, the executives the sales guys, everyone. And my job is more or less to just call bullshit everywhere I see it. And I see a lot of it...

It's pretty much the same as when I was doing facilities. Except instead of maintenance on generators and AC and hiring electricians and mechanical and getting buildouts done, I'm trying to get new software projects done on time and on schedule. Surprises me just how much the same it really is. Just getting people to tell me what they can get done when and finding out where the problems are and running a steam roller over them. Thought I'd be terrible at getting software built, but I'm finding it's just like getting anything else built.

- DAA

--------------------

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 05, 2016 11:22 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a friend that's a project manger in Edmond, spends a lot time on tinker, those kinda jobs sound like a nightmare to me

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters