The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » When...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When...
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
..is camoflauge going to die? I really prefer solid colors myself, clothes, packs, etc. Im sick of seeing something I want but have to pick between Realtree, Mossy Oak or (gulp) Treebark (just kidding on that one [Smile] . Geezus, all that shit is geared toward the eastern hick rednecks that have Bone Collector tattoos.

I really applaud some higher end manufacturers like Kuiu, Kifaru etc that make packs and stuff in solids. I hope the trend trickles down and keeps going.
Rant over.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 02:49 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Cabelas has some good patterns for the guys out west.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 30, 2016 07:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, good patterns. Good thing it doesn't matter.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 02:06 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a good pattern

-

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2016 06:39 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I never did strike a big deal with any of the camo companies. I just hit up my local military guys for

an extra DOD approved set of cammies. ACU's specifically. Lotsa pockets and double layered thickness in the crotch and over the knees, zippers instead of buttons on the tops, too. Built to move around in, a helluva lot more than my big ass moves anymore. You can't hardly wear them out. I guess if you buy them new, they're treated with something that makes them reflect the light from the cover around you and you have to use special detergent to wash them because Tide will wash that stuff out. The stuff I got hold of is too light colored for anyplace stateside, so I just ran them through the cook pot with some tan die. Worked perfectly. Then, the Army started copying my color scheme. Never made a dime off that. Outgrew a bunch of pants. Gonna try and sell them if I can. DoD doesn't like people selling them because the evil-doers have been buying them, causing a security issue for troops.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2016 02:57 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Too funny! I always thought all the stuff at Cabelas looked like it might be okay for guys back east [Big Grin] .

Really!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2016 05:24 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When they use orange trim on camo items like lunch boxes & skateboards, one can only hope that it's the dying gasp of a fashion statement that never should have been.
And then there's the Logos.
Shouldn't they pay me to advertise their products by wearing them instead of expecting me to pay extra for it ???

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2016 06:11 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
It does seem a bit overwhelming...I stick with Natgear or MO Brush. Seems to work well here in the heartland.

As a hunter ed instructor, I love the camo craze...11% of proceeds of that kind of stuff go to the Pittman-Robertson fund that comes back to the states.

Inadvertently, non-hunters wearing camo basically contribute to the 7 things PR money can be spent on, such as education, habitat and the development of shooting ranges.

On a more serious note, there is movement afoot to allow BLAZE PINK and pink camo as one of the approved colors to be used during upland bird and deer seasons across the nation.

We will see where that goes.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters