The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Bulletin- Cats go missing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bulletin- Cats go missing
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 29, 2016 06:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
People in Idaho neighborhood say their cats keep disappearing
Published April 28, 2016

Residents of a southeast Boise neighborhood say at least 25 cats have disappeared from the area in the last few months and are concerned missing cats could be a problem throughout the city.

Cat owners tell KBOI-TV that felines started disappearing last July and then again in the last few weeks.

Erin Liedtke says five stray cats living in her garage for eight years all vanished in the last nine months.

Humane Society spokeswoman Allison Maier says predators are a big concern and a reason cats go missing.

But Liedtke and Kristi Dohner, whose cat disappeared months ago, says predators would have left carcasses.

They suspect a person is responsible, and Liedtke has started a "Catch the Boise Cat Napper" page on Facebook.

********************************************************************************

You would think people in Boise would know a few things about coyotes. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
There's some real dip-shits in Boise, Leonard. I'm glad, I'm an hour away from the stupidity over there.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2016 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I highlighted that comment about how some self appointed experts decided that an animal would have left a carcass. What utter bullshit! Have you ever seen a coyote eat a cat? They pull it apart in chunks and swallow it whole. Maybe a head is left maybe the lower legs are sawed off? But, they do not leave a carcass behind. Total ignorant logic!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2016 05:08 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I took this a long time ago in an urban area I USED to be able to call. I wondered if the parents do it to make the kiddos feel better. Like I said, USED to be able. Bet there's a lot more signs now.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2016 08:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jim;
Perhaps you could make up some tasteful signs to the effect, "REMINDER. HUNTING / TRAPPING COYOTES IS NO LONGER ALLOWED IN THIS AREA" and post them with the lost pets notices.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 09:39 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Any Asians move into the area lately?
Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 10:00 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey no joke! Weve had that happen in my town.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 10:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, frequently attributed to Chinese Restaurants and just as often, little green men in Flying Saucers.

That's the number 1 and #2 reason, with coyotes listed as an afterthought, about #10, [Roll Eyes] just because they all "disappear" without leaving a picked clean skeleton. You know, like a vulture?

All these smart urban people can be so fucking dumb!

Good hunting. El Bee

Hey, wait a minute, I guess I'm urban,huh? Never mind.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 11:38 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
In the weird but true category... Almost 35 years ago. Stray cat in my girlfriends neighborhood I had reason to notice and not like - it used to walk around on the hood of my Chevelle.

Hawaiian family moved in across the street. Used to kill and butcher pigs in the front yard (very manicured, suburban whitey-white neighborhood). Friendly as could be, always a wave and hello.

One day, I get the wave and hello from the Dad of the family. And I can't help noticing he has on a strange looking hat. He'd made a HAT out of the damn cat that used to leave it's footprints on the hood of my '68!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 11:51 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting since, I've moved out here. I notice sometimes up to several cats on my property.

I know some are the neighbors. Some just seem to show up ? Sometimes there's only a few around.

The other night two coyote's were yippin and howlin it up pretty good.

I'm currently on a search for carcasses !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Our neighbors had a couple of beagles when we moved in and we couldn't enjoy sitting out on our patio without the dogs barking and barking the entire time. I was getting sick of it. One day Susan was out working in her garden and the dogs were yapping away. I didn't realize the neighbor lady was out in her yard so I asked my wife if she was enjoying the beagle serenade. A few days later there was no more barking. She took both of the dogs to a vet and had them put down. I found out the neighbor on the other side had also complained.

So.......fast forward to present day. She has a cat that comes into our yard and sleeps on our patio furniture leaving cat hair and fleas. In the winter the cat sleeps on our door mat on the patio. I have a BB gun and a pellet rifle but Susan won't let me shoot the damned cat just to let it know we don't want it around.

Our house is right on the edge of town surrounded by woods and farm land. We have a lot of coyotes right behind the house. I keep hoping the cat wanders a little too far away from the houses but it hasn't happened yet.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 30, 2016 06:47 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I got chuckle out of picturing a Hawaiian guy wearing a cat-skin hat!

That kind of reminds me of the hero picture in the now defunct Varmint Hunters mag about that showed a guy holding a big ol'tabby with a bobbed tail. The caption had the name of the successful hunters who slew the mighty "Bobcat"

Moe, at our old place in town, we had a new neighbor move in next to us and they had a Doberman. That sob barked at everything and charged the fence if my kids got to close. It was literally ruining where we lived.

I thought they would catch a clue and shut the thing up, but after a couple months they seemed oblivious to the noise that dog created and gawd forbid if it ever got out because I seriously think it would have attacked anything.

One Saturday, it was bellering at the mail lady and I had finally had enough and went over to let them know how much I hated their fucking dog. I don't like to be this way with neighbors, but it had reached the boiling point. The guy just stood there as I let him know what a pain-in-ass their dog was for us. All he said was "okay" and went back in the house. Later that day, the doberman was gone and it never came back. That's my kind of neighbor and we got along great after that!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted May 01, 2016 07:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, I had very close to the same thing not over a couple weeks ago, except the guy was knocking on my door. Seems his wife was bothered by my bird.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2016 05:50 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, did you go over to his house a few minutes later, give him a handful of feathers and say, "Give these to your fuggin' wife!" [Smile]
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2016 07:26 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my buddies was gassing up his vehicle at 5:30 one morning a couple of weeks ago. He lives in the country, but headed to town to fill up before his trip.

The 'town' he lives by is only a little berg of 350 people, and the gas station is on the edge of town.

He said he looked up and saw a coyote trotting about 25 yards away with a very dead cat hanging from his mouth. He said the coyote never broke stride, looked his way and trotted out of town.

Guess that one knows where the easy meals are at!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters