The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tribute to a fallen hero

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tribute to a fallen hero
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 12:53 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
My feeble mind can't remember if I posted this previously, but I don't think I have.

In 2011, shortly after we killed Bin Laden, the world was gaga about Seal Team 6. I think this eventually led to some boondoggles that compromised their security, and this event was one of them.

There was a crash of a helicopter carrying 20+ members of Seal 6, and killed all of the aviators on the helo, too. They were shot down in Afghanistan, and one of the commanders cited all of the hoopla about the Teams as a reason this particular mission went bad.

One of the helo pilots was a man from Hays, Kansas, who went to pre-school with my nephew.

The country band, Little Texas, was on a tour, and passed through Hays just prior to the funeral procession taking Chief Warrant Officer Bryan Nichols to his final resting place.

After they found out the reason everyone was lining the road, they wrote a song about it called 'Slow Ride Home'.

Thought you all might enjoy...Hays is about 20 minutes west of where I grew up in Russell, KS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guuYfpo5hfs

[ January 22, 2016, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters