The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » this domain and web hosting is getting expensive!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this domain and web hosting is getting expensive!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2016 12:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
$114.45 for a year. I think it's gone up since I last renewed it?

Maybe we will go with banner ads?

Just kidding

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2016 05:54 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
If you need a few bucks, I'll send the funds if you need it!

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2016 08:31 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve;
I think that he's pulling our leg.
$114 ??
He makes more than that in tips in one night dancing at Chippendales.
I'm pretty sure that he's just worried that he'll be in that 90% tax bracket if the Dems win in Nov.

But yeah, if we're going to pass the hat, I'm in.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 12:48 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I will definitely throw some money in the pot too.
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 04:22 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't post much be I enjoy this place count me in I'll put in the pot.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't post much but I enjoy this place count me in I'll put in the pot.
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 04:29 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well hell how do you edit your post? Tried to but it came up twice sorry for that, maybe that's why I don't post that much, not very good at this stuff.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 06:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a bit embarrassed because it was not my intent to hint around for financial help.

This is my little sandbox, and I run it as I see fit, as fair as I am capable of being and it conforms to my idea of an open forum where you can say what is on your mind, without fear of edit or use of the delete button.

I was tooting my own horn a couple months ago along the same lines. So, (he who shall not be named) piped up a while back and accused my of not practicing what I preached...or something?

But, here we are with fourteen (14) years! under the bridge. I think it's been an enjoyable ride. I like you guys and I am glad you put up with my bullshit

The dollar amount quoted above is for both web hosting and domain, and includes a little less than three months of one to bring the expiration of both to the same day, which it wasn't, before. So, it's a little distorted, but by how much, I don't have the numbers. Whatever, it is getting more expensive, like everything else. There was one charge for ICAN or something that was $0.18, but anyway, $114.45 was what went on my VISA.

This is my hobby and I pay for it. That is only fair, I have never accepted a dime from anybody, and have turned down some offers of corporate sponsorship, over the years. I don't want anybody telling me how to run this place, at least, anybody with a financial interest. You members are always welcome to tell me where I am wrong and I will try to do something about it, if I can.

Steve Craig! There's a pleasant surprise! But, I know we have a shadow cadre that reads but doesn't post, for the most part. I don't understand it but it's okay. Personally, I couldn't stand not putting in my two cents, on any given subject. Another thing is a guy can drift and come back after years, and nothing has changed, it's still the same old bullshit. But, then again, some people could care less about new and improved message boards with lots of features. We don't have that here, by choice.

Anyway, thank you for the offers. I appreciate it, but I would never expect (or accept) contributions.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 04:40 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in for a PBA card donation only valid in New Jersey.

Just kidding!

Leonard, thanks for all your dedication.

[ January 22, 2016, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, here!! :-)

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rifleshooter
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2016 11:25 AM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you a couple bucks.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2016 07:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, if you are serious, but it will never be cashed. Nobody pays for this shit but me. I thought I made that clear?

Good hunting. El Bee$

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rifleshooter
Member # 3983

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2016 05:18 PM      Profile for Rifleshooter           Edit/Delete Post 
You did, that's why I spent the money I could have sent on beer.

--------------------
The pen is mighter than the sword, but is no match for a Colt.

Posts: 29 | From: CA-AZ-MT | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters