The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Glen Frey "RIP"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glen Frey "RIP"
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 04:53 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked the Eagles. Died at 67.

"Take it Easy"

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 06:22 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
An iconic voice, silenced. Lost a lot of great artists here of late.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 06:27 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy,
Lemmy from Motorhead
David Bowie
Natalie Cole
Glen Frey
Scott Weiland
BB King

and a couple others I cant remember right now.

Tough couple months for music legends.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 09:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I had a Blauplunkt stereo with some bad ass speakers in my '80 Nissan and one tape was Breakfast in America. Loved it.

Natalie Cole kinda shocked me, for sure. Had no idea the problems she had. Goes to show, money and fame aren't enough for some people.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Lemmy is the only one of the bunch I can really relate with. Still have the import copy of Ace of Spades I bought in '79.

Nothing against any of the others, mind you. Do enjoy some of their music a good bit. But Motorhead has been a staple of my musical diet since I was a wee slip of a lad.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 05:57 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
The news of Natalie Cole's death shocked me, for sure, but reading that Glenn Frey died yesterday just floored me. I've been an Eagles fan for a lot of years and followed Frey through his solo career.

You Belong To The City and The One You Love are a couple of favorites.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 06:12 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
The VERY first vinyl record I ever owned was 'Best of the Eagles'...blue album with the skull on the front.

Wore out several needles playing that thing...one of the greatest bands of my lifetime.

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 08:40 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I knew only 1 or 2 guys here would even know who that was lol.
One of my all time favorites.
Mark

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 10:00 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that really did shock me about Glen Frey. I have always loved the Eagles music. And I was equally shocked when Lemmy died too. Im really kinda surprised he made it as long as he did. Supposedly he drink a bottle of Jack everyday for almost 30 years that's crazy.

Sad to see them gone.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1627 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 10:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys don't know real rock and roll. We really did invent it. I have no idea who lemmy is? Sounds like some type of heavy metal?

Anyway, everybody has their place, from big band, to whatever's current now? But, for me, music kind of ended with the BeachBoys. I mean yeah, I was vaguely aware of some of it, here and there, but the early days, 45RPM I was pretty well knowledgeable. Top 40 seems quaint but we thought that stuff was important.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I am actually a big fan of 40,s-50's big band music. I think my grandparents had something to do with that.

Hey! Grizzly Adams passed away too!
Mark

[ January 19, 2016, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 01:32 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer. The indian dude from that show lived a couple blocks from us for a little while back when the show was current.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2016 01:27 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
45's???? When I was a kid all we had was 78's. No joke.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2016 04:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and 33 and a third. But, for actual rock and roll, 45's was pretty much it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters