The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Making of a Murderer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Making of a Murderer
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2016 03:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else watching this documentary series on Netflix? It's "all the rage" and curiosity got the better of me. Just finished episode 5 of the 10-episode series.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2016 06:03 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
We were just talking about this show at work. This is something I would like to see.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2016 03:24 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Having been through what we endured with my wife's arrest, I can empathize with what the accused went through in this documentary. Understand, I recognize that the women who produced this piece no doubt cherry-picked what they did and did not want to include in the series in order to pursue their own agenda. But, having said that, there are professionals in criminal justice that are, themselves, shown to question the lack of evidence, the validity of what evidence is used, and the entire process of trying and finding Steven Avery guilty.

In short, this video clearly demonstrates the level of corruption and abuse of power in the criminal justice system. I saw it when they entered false evidence into my wife's trial that had not been provided to us. I saw it when key witnesses embellished their testimony with false information. I saw it in the politicking between the judge, the county attorney, and the prosecutor for my wife. And, I see the same thing, to an exponentially greater extent, in this documentary. And yes, I am allowing my personal experience to jade my interpretation of what happened in Wisconsin. It's a part of me and will always been. I have friend who are LEO's, but they know I will no longer trust them.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2016 05:27 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
C-dog, you are more cynical than I. <laughing> My Best friend is also a LEO and a few family members. I still trust some.

I think both sides were talking about evidence not being shown. Judge Janine Pirro on FOX TV thinks the cops got it right if I remember correctly.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2016 06:06 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
That doc left out a bunch of details, its one sided.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 09:03 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I agree that the documentary is one sided and incomplete. They showed what they want us to see, and yeah, he probably did it. I still don't trust cops. In episode 9, they talk about :some place in Chicago" that teaches interrogation technique. Reid. My brother has that training and I have read and studied all the manuals and textbooks he brought back from that class. Objectively speaking, they can interpret a lot of shit from your words, and your actions, that are not necessarily true, merely by speculating what they interpret was/ is your intent. The technique where they tell you they know you committed the crime and then falsely convince you that they're only trying to help you to cope by giving you an opportunity to confess to what they already know is all Reid. Avery was and is too careful to fall for that methodology. His nephew, on the other hand, took the bait, the line, the pole and ate half the damned boat, unaware that his attempts to just tell them what they wanted to hear were signing his death sentence.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2016 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know nothing about this series, hell I don't have HBO or any of those exotic channels, but anyway.

Look, ninety percent of cops are just hardwired in a certain way. It's bunker mentality, us against them. So, they are predisposed to consider you guilty, maybe guilty of something else, based on your responses. Never let your guard down when "talking" to a cop. I would not consider them friendly and they are always considering some way to get you to incriminate yourself. That's their job, you are foolish to think the guy is trying to be your buddy.

But, I respect them. It's a thankless job and they all think alike. Even if they didn't start out that way, hanging around with other L.E. colors their opinions and attitudes. The groupthink situation.

Never assume that a cop won't trick you, lie to you or twist what you say, disregard thirty minutes of denial, and focus on one contradictory sentence.

Boy, I sound like a bigot! But, the less contact you have with the police, the better. I apologize to that 10% of police officers who are normal people.

Just kidding, no hate mail, please!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Asmith
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4636

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2016 03:46 PM      Profile for Asmith   Email Asmith         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the entire thing and I am still wondering if he did it or not but why would a guy be so stupid to park the car in his own junk yard when he had a crusher on site and the dna evidence was no where to be found in the house or garage. The prosecutor turned out to be less than a stellar citizen ,I worked for a time as a investigator for public defender and there are deals and good old boy favors happening every day,but I hope that there is still justice in most cases as nave as that may be .
Posts: 11 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2016 05:54 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to your question regarding the crusher, why burn the body in a burn pit right next to your garage and home when you have a smelter on the property? Why supposedly transport the body from your garage to the burn pit a mere twenty feet away from the garage? Then, to have the PD and SO there execute the search warrant at the pit and basically trash the scene out to the extent that their state investigators wanted to make sure no one knew the work was done by them. Had they gridded the search area and the pit and properly catalogued the location of each bone fragment, we might have been able to establish the position of the body, as opposed to just grabbing a hodge podge of bone fragments, almost as if they'd simply been tossed in there. Yes, there are a lot of deals being done in these instances, almost as if they have a total disregard for the fact that their wheeling and dealing is with a man's life. How about the ex-boyfriend? That guy sure was eager to direct as much of that search as he could, and still was never considered despite the data that shows the role spouses and ex-lovers play in homicides. Too many ways to create a shadow of a doubt for me. Then, to convict him of FD murder, but not mutilation of a corpse when they tried to establish that he killed her and burned her body. Reminds me of how they convicted my wife of attempted rx fraud, but dropped the charge of forgery prior to her arraignment. If she tried to get an rx fraudulently, shouldn't they have been required to prove the means by which she tried that first? In the absence of proof that she committed forgery, we didn't think there was a case for the rx fraud. Judge felt otherwise.

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2016 02:31 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Have not watched the show and couldn't care less about it. BUT, If you really think that the state/government doesn't lie to you about everything than you must be one happy bastard, cause ignorance is bliss.
They can say and do anything they want to get a conviction. Innocent until proven guilty is such an overused cliche and people or the sheeple really buy into that crap. The truth proves otherwise and money really can buy your way out.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2016 04:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Walt, as I was reading your post, there was a name that invaded my subconscious....Hillary!

That cunt will probably get away with everything. I just hope enough truth has leaked that "the folks" won't vote for her. After Obama, that would be a double-whammy we might never recover from!

She is such a rotten to the core bitch! How could anybody think she deserves to be president?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2016 09:56 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished episode 4... I've pretty much skipped over everything posted here so I'm not tipped off as to what happens.

All I can say is this is the wackiest shit I've ever heard of. Seriously, you can't make stuff like this up.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2016 07:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm content in knowing I will never know. I don't get any premium channels. I have had them from time to time, but never watched them.

Anybody see that first Dual Survival? I'm not impressed.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2016 07:30 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
"Alaskan Bush People" is impressive and the real deal! [Wink]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2016 07:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I watch it. Supposed to be a surprise climax tonite?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2016 04:39 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I am watching this show with Mrs. 49. It didn't take me long to realize this "documentary" wasn't real. In other words, it is a Hollywood rendition. Anyone with limited law enforcement or court experience, or even life experience, can see this is not a true to life documentary. You can certainly see where key points of evidence were glossed over. Hollywood isn't interested in the truth, it is interested in viewers.

Now if Forensic Files were to do an episode on this case, it would be a good watch.

I haven't ruined it for Mrs. 49 though. But she doesn't seem to be on the "this guy is innocent" kick.

Leonard, this show is on Netflix, if you are interested in watching even just the first episode to see what it is all about.

[ February 06, 2016, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2016 08:30 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 

I had to keep reminding myself as we watched it that it was biased towards the guy being innocent and the defense was really the only side portrayed. I admit, it was real easy to think there was some major holes in the prosecution from just watching the show.

But I'm not a lawyer, in law enforcement, nor ever been tried for murder (yet) [Smile]

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2016 11:54 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol..

Lonny, in watching the show. if I took it for face value, I might even be rooting for Avery. I mean, the guy was falsely accused and did 18 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

But, when we take a hard look at the evidence of the second crime...

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2016 02:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I hold a grudge too long but. I used to order DVD's from Netflix. In the mail, pretty fast turn around, I don't know how they did it, but I think I was only supposed to have 3 or 4 at a time and they would come so fast that they couldn't possibly have gone where they were supposed to go, there must have been something going on? In other words, considering the mail, there was no way I could get a title in two days, but I did.

But, I wasn't ordering them enough, and momma told me to either start using it or....else.

So, I ordered and had a queue of 8-10 titles, maybe more? Then things started to happen. Status went from 4 days to two weeks on certain titles and then while I wasn't paying attention, some of them just disappeared.

Then I found out that Netflix had some kind of policy where they would slow walk people that were using the service more than they wanted and they would go from (like 2-3 days) to much longer and the intent was to prohibit a customer from watching enough DVD's that they would be losing money.

I started watching what they were doing and decided it was totally deceitful. If I was watching the movies and getting them in the mail, suddenly their top notch service started going to shit, even the popular stuff took twice as long as normal.

Bottom line, I got completely pissed off at their policies, which were totally dishonest and quit them, never to return. I understand that's not what you guys are talking about, it's apparently just another channel maybe a premium channel or maybe not? But, it's still Netflix and I won't have anything to do with that chickenshit outfit. Netflix can kiss my ass!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2016 03:38 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, this is the ID Discovery version. It explains more than the Netflix version:

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/steven-avery-innocent-or-guilty/steven-avery-innocent-or-guilty-video/steven-avery-innocent-or-guilty/

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2016 10:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks and I hate you!

Yes, there are enough twists and turns, but what the heck, the guy just looks like a pervert.

Good hunting. El Bee [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2016 02:05 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but what the heck, the guy just looks like a pervert.
Lol.. [Big Grin]

[ February 08, 2016, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2016 02:18 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I cant believe you guys watch that shit !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2016 02:18 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
sorry my computer sucks the big one !

[ February 08, 2016, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters