The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Eastern Coyote Now Being Called a "Coywolf"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eastern Coyote Now Being Called a "Coywolf"
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2015 12:44 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though it is only 25% wolf and 10% dog:

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2015/11/meet_the_coywolf_new_jerseys_apex_predator.html

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2015 02:18 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like they should have named it the `Coy-Mutt`.

Regardless............the next step for the Anti's will be to demand total protection for the sacred wolf genes yadda yadda yadda.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2015 03:09 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sounds like they should have named it the `Coy-Mutt`.
Lol.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2015 07:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have very little faith in these precise determinations. Yeah, sure. They separate the fly shit from the pepper, only (literally) a million times more difficult. No problem, let's see; that's exactly 10% dog.

Shit, humans are more than ten percent dog!

Let me say this again, and type real slowly. All they can do is compare DNA like a fingerprint. It either matches or it doesn't. Imagine looking at a thumbprint left at a crime scene. The detective concludes that the left half of the lower part matches exactly the print of Hillary Clinton, therefore....

No, the dog DNA is so hopelessly muddled as descending from a particular asian wolf that you cannot say with a straight face that these "coywolf" hybrids are 25% wolf. This is the same type of scientific research that claims GLOBAL WARMING is settled. Sloppy, and not to be trusted.

Government scientists long ago lost credibility on a number of studies; the latest being that "whole milk" ain't so bad for you as they have been claiming for the last forty years, or so.

When they tell us that an artificial sweetener causes cancer, they always fail to explain how they reached this conclusion. In this study, they fed lab rats a diet containing 700 TIMES the normal daily consumption, based on weight. This is very similar to placing a frog in a pan of water and slowly heating the pan while cutting off one leg at a time and blowing a loud horn which makes the frog jump out of the pan. Except, after the fourth leg has been amputated, and the frog fails to jump out of the pan, these "scientists" conclude that somehow, the frog is now deaf.

Strong scientific arguments have been based on far less convincing proof, and when the data doesn't support their theories, they change/manipulate the data. Climate "scientists" are the worst offenders and the best liars. They need government grants to continue their "research", which is very critical and important.

Getting away from counting DNA like it is red and black marbles in a jar. Put me down as thoroughly disgusted with the research community in general. They do not deserve our trust when they are chasing funding; like how much wolf DNA exists in the eastern coyote population? Why, that burning question should be good enough to fund Beemer payments for the next 39 months, or so? Get the idea?

END OF RANT [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters