The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Incident on 95 in Idaho?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Incident on 95 in Idaho?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2015 06:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, there is going to be some repercussions with deputies killing a rancher over his bull and how to proceed following an accident.

I remember late one night, on 95 north of Reno where a pickup hit a steer. Killed the animal and totaled the truck. We were about the first on the scene and it was pretty exciting. I won't soon forget it.

But, this deal, there are sure to be hard feelings for a long time. I should have got a link, will try to find it.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2015/11/02/isp-investigating-officer-involved-shooting-in-adams-county/75036826/

[ November 03, 2015, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2015 07:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One night in Ash Fork I ran into a rancher that I know he was headed out to drag his beef off the road after the Sheriff called him about a lady that totaled her car striking it. he was rather casual as he told me the insurance company would pay for the beef , it was better than losing one in the wilds.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2015 02:17 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this is going to be interesting for sure, to see how all this shakes out.

I would assume there would be multiple witnesses' as a crash was involved. Then the ranchers wife has a heart attack. Oh' man..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
BangPop
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2015 04:43 PM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like that bull got the better of that Subaru. A mans life, and maybe his wife's life too, is a tragedy.
Posts: 28 | From: Gallatin Gateway, Montana | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2015 08:22 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
This whole deal has been strangely quiet with very little new info coming forth. Especially since the wife of the rancher has been in the hospital recovering from a heart attack that was caused by the ordeal.

Just read this report from the family and it literally makes my blood boil....

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43654638.html

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2015 08:56 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just started reading Battlefield America by John Whitehead, a Constitutional attorney. I'm only 20% through it on my tablet and already somewhere between scared for our country and pissed at our government - more so than usual.

Here is a link to his web site, The Rutherford Institute. Books worth reading.

http://agovernmentofwolves.com/about/

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2015 11:45 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is wrong with fucking cops nowdays? In the face of all the crap they are enduring with all the cop hating stuff, cop assasinations etc, why are they pulling shit like that?(assuming its true that is)

I do not understand why every head cop in the country doesnt set thier guys down and tell them to stop fucking with people.

I support good cops trying to be good cops, but man, seems like a lot of em are just dickheads. They cant even handle letting a rancher, IN IDAHO, put down his own animal..THAT THEY CALLED HIM OUT TO DO?

Are these cops from there at all?

If the version in the article is true, these cops should be fucking hung.

IM THIS CLOSE TO JOINING BLACK LIVES MATTER
Mark

[ November 08, 2015, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article43654638.html
Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2015 08:27 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we will see how all of this shakes out when the ISP finishes their investigation of the shooting?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2015 06:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In reading that article, every single fact seemed entirely plausible. I saw no sensationalism, just basic reporting and it rang true, to me.

I think there are at least two breeds of cops. One is something a citizen won't like dealing with, and another seems less a dick on a power trip, almost reasonable. But, calling a man to take care of his animal, which, by all accounts, he was intending to do, and then physically preventing him from doing what he had to do? It's hard to see the logic of events? Then they handcuff everybody and toss the man's rifle in the weeds? Way to go, boys! tampering with a crime scene!

If these guys are exonerated, y'all can kiss my ass!

But, this situation smacks every bit as true as a Rodney King scenario, and fuck ISP! The Feds need to get involved on a civil rights pursuit as soon as possible!

As said above; you goddamned right, it makes my blood boil!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2015 07:56 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the situation or anybody involved, but I gotta believe the reason the Sheriffs Department and ISP are keeping things so quiet is they fear reaction from the public... By staying mum they won't be saying anything to incite and already tense deal.

And I in no way, have much faith in the ISP doing an unbiased investigation here.

4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Keeping the details of investigations quiet is normal procedure. This is so as not to taint witnesses and juries/grand juries.

Sounds like a bad scene. I hope the investigation reveals the true facts.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters