The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Go Royals!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Go Royals!
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2015 07:33 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I know watching baseball is like watching paint dry sometimes...but darn it, my Royals are in their second World Series in a row!

I, along with their other fans, had continually suffered through many crappy seasons where they were statistically eliminated before the end of June... [Big Grin]

Finally good to see them competitive again. After last night's game, I hope I have enough stamina to watch the whole series!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2015 11:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WATCHING PAINT DRY? Bite your tongue! Baseball is the fist and last honest sport in America and the World.

Inside the park home run? Astounding!

Since my Dodgers layed down and died, I can't get excited but I must be loyal to the National League, who play real baseball.

Truthfully, I went to bed. That's how much I care about this particular World series. Who won? It was 3-3 tie when I turned it off.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2015 11:21 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Royals, 5-4 in 14 innings...ended at 12:20 am CT.

I will bite my tongue about watching paint dry--its just that the game as its played today isn't the same as it was 30 years ago!

I love baseball for the strategy aspect...the managerial decisions really have impact. The Royals only had 2 pitchers left in their bullpen by the end of the game, and the Game 4 starter threw 3 shutout innings at the end.

The bottom of the 9th home run by Alex Gordon to tie it at 4 was probably the best example of clutch hitting I have ever seen.

I usually don't pay a whole lot attention during the regular season until we get to the Series...it is just more special when the 'local' team is there!

[ October 28, 2015, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2015 11:27 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping for a Cardinal/royal series again, but since that wasn't meant to be and Mets are pond scum, GO ROYALS> [Wink]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2015 06:05 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a dog in the fight so it's hard to get excited about the World Series this time. My team has always been the Dodgers but I have to say I have a soft spot in my heart for the Cubs. When I lived in SE Alaska and there was a few feet of snow on the ground and cold as hell I could turn on the TV and watch a Cubs game in the Spring and see sunshine grass and babes sitting in the bleachers is skimpy clothing drinking beer.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 06:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah. There's always that "Babe" angle, and you want to lust over skimpy, it's Diamondback fans at home games. No other sport does it better.

So, <yawn> who's ahead?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 07:11 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, LB...I will be your sports ticker!! [Big Grin]

Royals win 7-1 last night, ahead 2-0...now the series heads to NY for 3 games in a row. Game 3 tomorrow night.

Royals starting pitcher tomorrow is a 24 year old flamethrower with good stuff, IF he can keep his head about him.

They are facing a Mets rookie pitcher that throws 100 mph fastballs--he will not survive if he just relies on that pitch, as the Royals feast on fastballs.

If the Royals are lucky enough to win tomorrow, I will feel a lot better.

[ October 29, 2015, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 08:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Prince Charles has a baseball team ???

Royals ??

I don't follow sports much.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 11:45 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't follow sports much these days. I tried getting interested in basketball but never quite got it. But I do have a Magic Johnson.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 12:35 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran my drink through my nose on that comment, Moe!

Hope your Johnson was never where his was! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2015 04:41 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Second game was great, too. I'm such a "nerd" that while everyone else was watching the game last night, I was watching the debate. LOL

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 05:54 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
They won in 5 games! World Series Champs!!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 08:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and I saw Pete Rose on TV predict KC in five games before it started!

Actually, I'm kinda glad, even though I am a rabid National league fan, because they play real baseball. Fuck the Mets.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2015 09:24 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
LB,
I don't mind beating any team from New Yawk, (very, very, sorry Fred!)...the Yankees and Royals had some great rivalries in the 70's and they were my team to dislike. More so, when Reggie Jackson played for them!

The Royals were just damn fun to watch! They have gone back to the simplest common denominator. Put the ball in play, run the bases agressively, and force the defense to make a play.

Their mantra was 'Keep the line moving'...I think you will see some other teams buy into that philosophy. It would make the game more interesting than having everyone swing for the fences...

[ November 02, 2015, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters