The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » How Could This Happen in Tombstone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Could This Happen in Tombstone?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2015 02:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Where will the tourists go now? The Thing?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/19/2-shot-during-old-west-gunfight-re-enactment-in-tombstone/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obinsite

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2015 04:56 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
As a gun safety instructor, I just cringe at those things. I guess even blanks can be deadly at short range. I remember an actor in the 80's jokingly put a pistol to his head that was loaded with blanks and pulled the trigger...it killed him.

When I was in college in '82, there was a kid from western Kansas that brought back a M-97 Winchester for a prop in the school production. Never checked the damn thing to see if it was loaded.

He was the main character and was supposed to 'shoot' the leading lady...well, shoot her he did...at about 10 feet, the wad and shot acted like a slug and took out her right hip. Lucky it wasn't over a couple inches to hit her femoral. Took her 10 months in the hospital to recover. Last I heard she was 54 years old and on a walker...

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2015 08:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think, seriously, that somebody needs to be grilled extensively about EXACTLY how the hell this occurred!

You know, I hate to admit it, but I had an accidental discharge. And, I check a firearm repeatedly, sometimes ridiculously repeatedly to assure that it's unloaded, or loaded, as the case may be. Yes, it's tedious, but I never want to be casual about firearm safety.

Especially these reenactment deals which use real firearms and blanks. There has to be safeguards beyond what an individual user might do; especially since they intentionally aim these things at people, for Khrist sake!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters