The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » john deere guys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: john deere guys
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2015 03:17 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
you guys that work for john deere, got a question for you. I am looking for the model number for the older type hay grinder with the forks on the back that you can pick up a bale and grind with, I have looked all over and can not find a pic or model number for one, sure I am over looking it, thanks

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2015 06:00 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stumped trapper..sorry.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 01:33 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks mark, so am I, I saw one setting in a guys yard last week but forgot the model number on it, I will try to get back by there but it will be awhile, just thought one of you guy might know off the top of your head

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 08:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There's still one to be heard from, be patient.

And, while we are waiting, I have one. I saw a John Deer on a flatbed that I never seen before? It was BIG, had a rubber track that went up over an idler, kinda like a D9 cat. I mean, maybe they are common out there in fly over country, but it was a first, for me. The most impressive John Deer I have ever seen, very beefy looking.

Anybody?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31308 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 11:04 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, there are several different models of those. Very common here. I sell those rubber tracks, average price is 10K PER SIDE.
the purpose of the rubber tracks over conventional wheels, is they have way less compaction. Important for a lot of applications.
Mark
Here is a run of the mill one. There is way bigger.

-

[ September 02, 2015, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 11:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's the idea, it's green and the rubber track, but WAY BIGGER and with an idler wheel.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Probly something top secret? They do bring most of thier prototypes out here to California for testing. California has year round farming, and conditions here are pretty hard on equipment, so we are the "proving grounds" so to speak.

Mark

--------------------

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 02:09 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
mark, the one I saw would remind you of a Hesston bp20 if that helps at all

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2015 04:38 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you got me ?

Are you sure it's a Deere ? There's stuff out there green in color that isn't.

I'm not sure what you saw Leonard ? like Mark the 1st thing to come to mind was a track tractor.

On a side note. Guys have been coming in all summer saying trucks are hauling of all things Deere cotton pickers, headed west on the freeway.

I'm guessing they were taking 'em to Portland or Seattle and putting on a ship to somewhere ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2015 03:15 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Welp, I have failed this test...cant find anything Trapper, sorry.
Mark

--------------------

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2015 05:14 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys, I saw it while I was flying hogs on the guy, guy I work with is getting me his number, it had a odel number on it but I didn't get it wrote down, when I find out I will let you guys know, thanks

--------------------

trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2015 02:13 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
talked to the rancher, it is the same machine as he Hesston bp 20 he said, he didn't have the model number off hand but I will get it the next time I'm over there, he said they call it a hay shredder

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I found myself digging thru an old chopper attachment book this morning.

Try a model 400 or 700-750 grinder mixer. Gotta' run..

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+deere+700+grinder&rlz=1T4GGLS_enUS523US524&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEwQsARqFQoTCJ6L08626McCFUUsiAodIcsI0Q&biw=1280&bih=560

[ September 08, 2015, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2015 02:19 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard we have one of these on order. Maybe this is what you saw Leonard ?
https://www.deere.com/en_US/corporate/our_company/news_and_media/press_releases/2015/agriculture/2015aug25-9rx-series.page

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2015 03:23 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats what I was thinking later on...theres like 3 of those floating around California Ive heard. We bought a couple of em but they aint showed up yet.

[ October 20, 2015, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2015 06:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. What I saw on a flatbed was at least half again longer, and the idler was towards the rear like a D10Cat. Of course, what I'm calling an "idler" could easily have been the drive?

I googled John Deer pics yesterday for an hour and then went on their website with nothing that came even close to what I saw. At this point, I can't even describe it! The only thing I will stick to is that I am 90% sure it was a John Deer product. Didn't look like a tractor, at all. Hope that clears it up? lol

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2015 06:47 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang...top secret area 51 stuff!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters