The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Cecil's brother gets even

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cecil's brother gets even
Z
Knows what it's all about
Member # 303

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for Z   Author's Homepage   Email Z         Edit/Delete Post 
A lion killed a tourist guide in the same park that Cecil the lion lived in. However, I don't see any movie stars saying anything.
Posts: 51 | From: Bluffdale, UT | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted August 25, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They will, as soon as they become aware of it. That's one of the sick things about the bunny hugger animal rights movement. They really do value animal life above human and would actually CHEER lions and bears killing and eating people. Pathetic bastards.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 10:28 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
#idiotslivesmatter
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2015 01:15 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for the Safari guide's family. With that said I could not help but post this article on Facebook with my intro written as follows:
"To all of you who were so upset about Cecil the Lion, you should be more upset about this:"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/africa/zimbabwe-safari-guide-killed-by-lion/

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2015 07:41 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the food chain.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2015 09:29 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
So,its not enough to get attacked in an open top vehicle, or attacked thru an open window in a closed top vehicle...which has happened numerous times in the past... your going to WALK a group of people thru a "park" that has lions and other predators in it? Unarmed? Guiding skills? He sacrificed himself, admirable, but really?

I just dont understand this mentality that just because humans label a swath of land as a "park" or "sanctuary" that people think they can casually stroll thru it without consequence, like a zoo, with those kinds of predators in it.

Christ, my house cat got pissed at me the other day and cut the shit outta me.

There are no "tame" animals. Animals are animals.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2015 12:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have mentioned this before. When touring the Kruger National Park in South Africa, we stayed in a couple different "camps" for lack of a better word, but both were decidedly upscale, set out toiletries and full kitchens behind twelve foot metal fences with telephone pole gates, and no access after dark. Believe me, you didn't want to spend the night in your car outside the gates, so don't be late.

Anyway, in the morning we were organized into a little guided tour, (a walkabout, basically) which sounds a lot like this current situation, but.

The black park ranger had a rifle and I helped myself to his cartridge belt, just for curiosity and to check the head stamp, which was 458 WIN MAG. And, the guy looked like he knew how to use it, as it wasn't all shiny and new; the Winchester Model 70, that is.

So this begs the question; why were they not suitably armed, in Zimbabwe?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2015 12:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
One word answer: Darwinism

(shortest post I've ever made here)

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard now that he did have a rifle? My point is moot.
Mark

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2015 03:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark let me get this straight your cat attacked you in your own home and were not having tacos tonight.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 27, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
apparently, there are no Chinese restaurants in the area, either?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
My cat CJ.. (Cecil Jr)...is not amused by those comments.

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2015 08:21 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you pronounce that with a hard or soft E?

I say it with a hard E, See-sil. But have noticed people that say it Seh-sil.

Like the Bee Gee's, pronounce the one brother I always thought of as Maurice - like the space cowboy, they say it Morris - like the cat.

See what I did there?

Did I ever tell you guys about how I met my wife? The unpleasantness with my girlfriends cat? CB caps aren't reliable cat killers and cats that have been shot in the head but not killed bleed a lot. Messy business in the living room...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2015 11:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If we get enough votes, can we have a recap?

You teaser!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2015 03:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote that Dave gets the post of the year award.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2015 06:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If we do that, it would, (more or less) obligate him towards attending the campout, I think? And, with advance billing and such, we could probably double the attendance, if the Peanut gallery knew he'd be there.

I'd say it's worth a shot.

THIS JUST IN: DAVE AFFLACK WINS POST OF THE YEAR AWARD!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 03:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You could spell his name right
Just fillin in for Dan.

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 04:46 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 06:30 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I remember that story or at least portions of it.

Something about stepping in cat shit and you can kinda see where this is probably headed?

Good stuff and worth a recap or should I say an extra CB cap! [Smile]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2015 06:49 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
lol

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters