The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Firearms for Varmints and Predators.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Which load would you choose?

Author Topic: Which load would you choose?
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2015 04:02 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thought I'd get some expert, constructive opinions from a group of guys that ought to know what they're talking about....right?

Just got done trying out a series of loads in my new .22-250 Ackley. Started out with 35.5 gr of IMR-4064 and ended with 41.9 gr. These are four shot groups at 100yds, it was a little windy, variable right to left but not much.

I've included picks of the groups and have picked one to do a work-up around. Think I'll go up and down by a few tenths of a grain to see what happens. Anyone want to guess which load I've picked? Or maybe there's a load that YOU would pick? OHH yea, these are 1" squares.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ August 11, 2015, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2015 06:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it looks like 4064 is accurate enough? Curious why you don't list any data? Like bullet and bullet weight? Like barrel length and twist? And maker? What brass are you using and are these fireforming loads?

I'm going to guess the bullet is fairly light because I don't see how you could get that speed with 4064 which is too fast for the 22-250Improved.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters