The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Do you like Rock and Roll from the 50s, 60s, and 70s? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Do you like Rock and Roll from the 50s, 60s, and 70s?
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 09:36 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
If you answered yes, you should see the movie "Love and Mercy" and also see the documentary "The Wrecking Crew". They're Great!!!!

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damned right!

We lost something around the 70's but there will never be another era of true rock and roll like the mid fifties. To late 50's, I should say.

One only has to look at the commercials on TV these days. All the music is from my era. In my opinion: Timeless.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31299 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 11:26 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up!

The wife and I just watched 'Jersey Boys' last weekend...that was a great movie! Don't know how Frankie hit those high notes with loose underwear! [Big Grin]

All I have on my Ipod is 60's and 70's rock and old country...don't even get me started on the music today, especially rap and hip hop! [Mad]

[ July 30, 2015, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 02:30 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I like a bunch of the old Motown stuff. Dave Clark 5, Beatles, Van Halen etc. Rock and roll from the 60's to the 90's with the late 70's and 80's as my favorite.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Love and Mercy is about Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys. It covers Brian's musical genius and his unfortunate mental illness.

The Wrecking Crew is a great must see documentary. It is about a small group of musicians that had a huge impact on the music during this time period. When you see it, you will be very surprised at how much input they had and how strange it is that very few have heard of them. If you see both films, you will notice members of the wrecking crew in Love and Mercy.

[ July 31, 2015, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
60's 70's is the bomb, as far as music is concerned. With the exception of a band here or there, we've been on the downhill since.

My wife loves 80's music. Yuk !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 06:06 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
80's music rules!

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude !!
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 06:41 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
80's R&R gave us a break from that horrible disco crap. BTW, disco still sucks, along with the BG's

<LAFFIN>

[ July 31, 2015, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2015 08:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if that includes Queen, I can go along with it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 04:51 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
The 80's weren't all bad. GnR was a refreshing change of pace. AC/DC put out a lot of good stuff in the 80's. Metallica did pretty good. First couple Dio/Sabbath albums were great. Iron Maiden did alright. Motorhead was in their prime and killing it. And of course Ozzy put out Blizzard in 80.

But there was a lot of crap, too. Lot of bands that were good in the 70's lost their way in the 80's. Started making videos first, music second, and it sucked.

I'm all over the map, music wise. Put my iPod on shuffle and you might get Johhny Cash, Rage Against The Machine, Willie Nelson, Notorious BIG, Zubin Mehta, Gov't Mule, Johnny Paycheck, Jimi Hendrix, Lucinda Williams, Waylon Jennings, Black Sabbath, Neil Young, and who knows what. Rock, rap, country, classical, I like it all. Have to admit I'm weak on the 50's rock though. Maybe a little Elvis and Dick Dale. About all I really know. More into the blues from that long ago.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 08:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
50s Blues is pronounced `Little Walter`

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7501 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 11:25 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
I listen to music like I eat, I don't try much new stuff. I don't like much that's new but there are a few, turnpike troubadours, cooter graw, and a few more of the red dirt bands but mostly old stuff. guns and roses, ccr, Robert earl keen, and one of my top picks is ray wylie hubbard, still gets be how many have never heard of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7x-80GA1jk

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 11:54 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Musically; Im in a vast empty desert. I would hazard I don't listen to music five minutes in a month or two?
The rare times I want to listen to anything, I have an old Bob Seger CD with my old favorites or some George Strait. Other than that, I just don't have that desire to listen to music, rather read or listen to talk radio.

Posts: 1591 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 01:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, you know what? I'm a lot like that, most of the time. Occasionally, I'm in the mood, but I'd just as soon listen to talk radio when I'm driving. Around the house, I don't even own a stereo, gave it to some female a few years ago, and it was Nancy's, anyway. I had hardly turned it on, in ten years.

Not really much of a music fan. When driving with somebody, I have to be told to turn on the CD.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2015 08:39 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what ? I'm like Vic & LB. Mostly listen to AM talk radio these days. Sports or Savage or whatever.

Road trips require a Floyd CD or whatever else I can drum up. Sometimes just plain ol' quite is wonderful.

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2015 04:45 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I listen to a lot of music. Not every day, but most days at least some and long drives, which I do a lot of, I crank the tunes. On a weekend trip I might listen to ten hours of music. Daily walks of about an hour, I'm about 50/50 music and audio books. I own somewhere north of 500 CD's. Well, actually, at least a hundred of those are just "files". I don't buy physical CD's anymore, just downloads.

Don't go to very many concerts or live music venues anymore, but wish I still did. Used to go them all the time. Absolutely love live music.

Will listen to enough sports and news radio to get "one cycle", but that's usually enough of that for me.

But I like music!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 11:24 AM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
You could say I likes music a little bit. Rick
 -

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 11:56 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Same here. I have a wide range in taste in music. My ipod is loaded with classical, rock and roll, country, folk and stuff I'm not sure I could classify.

[ August 15, 2015, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Moe ]

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 12:02 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet looking set up Moe. I have this SG it's a whole different animal with those humbuckers.
 -

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 12:07 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Git-tars are cool, but my harmonica fits in my pocket.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7501 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 15, 2015 12:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rick, I had no idea? Moe, you too.

Both of you are CVCA people, prob. knew that, huh?

Now I know why Rick's rig was never even dusty, much less muddy. (just kidding)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 12:54 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
In the Pasadena chapter we had a couple of professionals. My buddy and sometimes hunting partner, Thumper McDowell who played Fender bass and Bill Maloof who played guitar with Trini Lopez. I used to go to some rehearsals with Thumper.

Back in the 60's I played at places like the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach and a few other coffee houses with a buddy named Craig and was in a few bands. Nothing big.

I used to have a bunch of guitars but when I got divorced I had to trim down since I had no place to keep them anymore.

I've loved music since I was a little kid.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 01:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I applied for a job, many years ago at Fender...I think they were in San Dimas?

Trini Lopez used to date a woman that lived in the same little court, when we lived in north El Monte right after being discharged from the Army.

Moe, did you ever play at "The 49er", on Valley Blvd. in downtown El Monte? It was quite the tony venue in the 60's

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2015 03:49 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Lot of things you don't know about me Leonard. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters