The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Western Nebraska Precision Shooters (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Western Nebraska Precision Shooters
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2015 10:02 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
WNPS is putting on a long range rifle match on August 15th. With the side matches on Friday and the cold bore first thing Saturday morning, there will be 16 total stages. All targets will be reactive steel. Ranges for the match will be from 135 yards to a shade over 1400 yards. The average shots will be between 400 and 800 yards.

Hog roast on Friday fallowing the sight-in, side matches and work up. There is over $15,000 in prizes on the table! This is not a PRS match so the llevel of competition will be moderate. It is the perfect match for beginners just getting their feet wet or a nice stepping stone for aspiring PRS shooters.

Find us on Facebook "Western Nebraska Precision Shooters" for more details and updates.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2015 12:02 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a hell of a shoot for a one day match. Really nice COF, awesome prize table....I will be there.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2015 05:27 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job Geordie, ya scared everyone off!

Good hunting.

Q,

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2015 10:00 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the nearest airport & how far away is it?
What the round count?
Any caliber/speed restrictions?
Geordie, you driving alone???

[ July 27, 2015, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted July 27, 2015 11:02 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Fred....traveling with several....may could find room in a vehicle though. I doubt there will be caliber restrictions, but more than likely velocity max of 3200fps....Q can verify that though.

--------------------

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 03:22 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, Geordie!
Just confirmed with Sis that weekend is family camping in the 'Dacks, so I'm busted.

If you guys ever head east & shoot a match within a day's drive of me, please let me know...

Have fun, ya lucky bastiges!!!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
3200fps? What's the rationale for that?

Quinton, feel free to post all the rules and regs for this match if you don't mind? Just curious, don't worry!!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 09:48 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Reasoning for a speed limit is twofold, from what I know:

1. It somewhat levels the playing field amongst competitors. With everyone runnin' at/below the same speed limit, scores more accurately reflect the shooter's skill. Ergo, its less about the 'arms race' of who's runnin' the latest & greatest whizbang hotrod cartridge, and more about who is the better shooter...

2. helps prevent the steel targets from being damaged. Speed kills steel!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 12:30 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Primarily it is set their to preserve the targets. They are a sizable investment and target breakage interrupts the flow of the match.

It will be somewhat of a fast paced match with most stages having a round count of 10 and a time limit of 3 minutes. There will be from 1 to 10 targets per stage. Stages with less than 5 targets will be positional stages where the shooter must change shooting positions before they reenguag the target or targets.

Most stages will award the shooter 2 points for a first round impact and 1point for a second round impact. Target sizes are between 1.5 MOA and 2 MOA depending on the course of fire. The really long range targets will run a bit over 2MOA.

These shoots are a LOT of fun and will test the shooters skills and equipment to the max. The course of fire that we designed is intended to be well balanced. To place well in this shoot you must be a well rounded shooter with very good wind reading skills. Organization is paramount!

We are expecting an 80% impact rate for the top shooter. This is a good number as the best shooters will win anyway but the novice shooters will still get plenty of impacts.

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 01:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, okay Fred. So how do you monitor the velocity? Does everybody shoot through screens, or what?

That kinda let's me out as every rifle I own, except for my 300WM deer rifle is over that speed limit.

Entry fee?

ood hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2015 06:35 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
It has never been an issue Leonard. Today's ballistic software makes a given bullets trajectory a near perfect science. Competitive shooters are looking to balance long range accuracy, recoil management and barrel life. After trajectory, the velocity edge is more trouble than it is worth.

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so my Marlin would be competitive, right? If I do my part, of course. It's an 1883, or something like that, a little beat up but....44-40, too.

Good hunting, El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 08:36 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard if you would like to come I will set you up with my personal match rifle. I have plenty of rounds and it is a hammer.

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2015 10:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Very generous and I will give the offer due consideration.

But, I think the trip would be more motivational as a social thing, although I have always been competitive.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: geeze, that's not far off!

[ July 30, 2015, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2015 10:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave the offer serious consideration for a day and a half but realistically, long drive not withstanding, my recent home purchase and just the short notice ended my consideration.

However, I very much appreciated Quinton's offer.

What I would like to see now is some feedback. What happened, who was there, who won all the marbles, who had bad luck and what else?

Anybody? Pics would be great.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2015 12:24 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
It was HOT on Saturday and we went through about 40 cases of water. LOL Other than that everyone had a good time. We got a ton of positive feedback. Several PRS shooters said that we had the best course of fire they have shot this year. Gary Dean got the "W" and picked up a new bighorn action for his effort. Geordie shot very well and took 6th with his 6.5x47 Lapua. He picked up a $1000.00 off certificate from Buris.

There are some pics on our Facebook page now and there will bea lot more to come. We are at Western Nebraska Precision Shooters.

Good hunting.

Q,

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 14 posted August 19, 2015 12:28 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Geordie was also the only shooter to get 3 of five hits on the mile target. If only the prize was for the most hits instead of closest to center. LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2015 05:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, wish I had a facebook account, but no.

I figured Geordie would be in there. What about AR?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 05:05 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Geordie!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted August 20, 2015 12:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I really thought if anybody would be a face book holdout, it would be Quinton; but I guess it turns out, it's me!

I think I'm proud of it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 01:59 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you there Leonard. I am a Facebook hold out too. In fact this site is the only social media I have anything to do with. I have no interest in any of that crap.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 02:44 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never once visited facebook either.

I'd love to find out about and meet any kids I have that I don't know about. But I damn sure don't want to hear from their mothers!

Well done Geordie! A mile... Damn!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
The only Internet I have is on my phone. Been that way for 6 years now. I am only on Facebook to keep up with the precision rifle matches. I don't think you need to have a Facebook account to look at our page?

Geordie is coming on strong. I think it was second place he took at a big club match a couple of weeks ago? He knocked off some big players in that one.

Good hunting.

Q,

CrossJ
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 04:22 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook isn't bad....as a matter of fact it has its perks over the boards. You can absolutely control who has access to you and block anyone you want not not have anything to do with.....better than real life.

As far as the mile, thanks, but luck has asmuch to do with it as anything. I new my vertical was good and I made a good guess on wind. When my first shot was an impact, I quickly sent two more trying to capture the wind. Both of those were impacts, but four went right off the right edge. Tried to correct left but five followed four....just off right edge. Dying wind. Amazing what one mph of wind can do at that range.

Quinton and the WNPS put on a great match. It was an awesome course of fire in some awesome country. Looking forward to the next one.

Maintain

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2015 06:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Great, but what about Shaw?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters