The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I left the light on and...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I left the light on and...
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
A guy leaves his light on and door open and look what happens...Al Morris and his dog Ted show up to kill some coyotes. I had an absolute blast hosting Al Morris, Jeff Writer, and Matt Piippo this week. We were specifically out to work the decoy dogs on as many coyotes as possible. We saw plenty of coyotes, burned through some lead, knocked down more than we missed, and laughed so much all our guts hurt today. If any of you ever get a chance to hunt with any of these "better than good old boys", do it!

Big Al with the first coyote of the trip. The trouble with hunting with Big Al is that he really is a big guy and makes every single coyote look small, it's even worse in their summer coats. This is actually a really nice mature male. Looks scrawny next to Al.
 -

Here's a one I shot just shortly after Al killed the one above. We are quite sure she was his partner in coyote crime. She was an adult female. We did not kill any pup on the whole trip. In fact we only saw two pups, but we never fired a shot at them...mostly because they were too far away. [Wink]
 -

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 05:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that looks like fun!

Thanks for sharing. Is that a baseball bat, in the first photo?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 06:18 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't heard about the BogGear Tactical Coyote Bat? Sheesh man, where have you been? It's the latest rage. Actually Al's just holding his BogGear Bi-pod.
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 07:20 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That does look like fun! Have never met Al, but have hunted with other guys that have hunted with him and I hear nothing but great things.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2015 05:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So when is this must see going to air ?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7581 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2015 07:26 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be a Foxpro episode, as I doubt it would be worthy of that type of public broadcast. Mostly because we had way too much fun. However Jeff Writer is working on editing the video as I type this and hopefully he will release it on his YouTube account very soon.
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2015 03:14 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I met Al a couple of times at a few conventions if memory still serves. He is a large man. Looks like you all had a blast, kinda a perma-grin on your faces.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters