The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Have rain...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have rain...
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 03:46 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Chances are if I drove through your neighborhood this week, you did, have rain that is.

Not in Idaho, I went through the other corner Dave... but I think, in every other state I drove in, it rained.

I've had a pretty interesting month. It started with a phone call, from my brother Red, telling me that my other younger brother Tim was killed in a motorcycle accident.
My family can be kinda crazy but we stick together when times get tough. I flew home the next day.

It hadn't rained in the Northwest for a while and wasn't forecast to for some time to come... one of our great family friends organized a memorial ride to the community center where Tim's services were to be held... we got rained on. [Smile]

Many cultures, including the natives of the Skagit Valley, believe that rain on a spiritually significant day is a blessing.

I spent some time at home, caught a cold, poured a patio for a friend, bought a truck, loaded it full of the things I left behind when I made a "temporary" move to Virginia (*all my traps and calling gear [Big Grin] ), and drove it back here to Maryland.
*I left Seattle on Monday, and got here yesterday (Friday).

Rain lead, followed and/or chased me all the way from the Snake River, where I could no longer stay a step ahead of it, all the way to this side of this amazing country.
I took it as a blessing.

If I drove through your neighborhood I hope that the rain did you and yours some good.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 03:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of your brother's passing, Krusty.

Never been to Maryland, although I attended the University of Maryland while stationed in Germany.

Anyway, good to hear from you and hope life treats you well.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 04:19 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about your brother Jeff. I hope the family is doing as well under the circumstances.

On a side note I didn't even know ya moved East. Be safe out there.

Todd

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 06:22 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences, K. Kinda hard keeping up with where you are anymore. What are you doing in MD?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 07:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your brother Krusty.

Well guess what ? out of nowhere it poured early this evening. We drove over to my wife's, Moms place about 5pm. Temp gauge in the car read 65 degrees [Eek!]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 08:51 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
We got rain today that was the first since June 2 and it has been crazy hot during that time.

Really sorry to hear about your brother Jeff...

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 08:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences.

Yeah, we've been getting rain, thunder & lightening, although not always in that order.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters