The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Torn Labrum (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Torn Labrum
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2015 04:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your (sic) such a hater.
Listen, simply voicing the observation that the city of Phoenix is obviously infected with white pickups does not prove that I hate all pickup trucks that are white. It's not a crime. I think it's amusing, at most; a uniformity thing, and notice, they are all jacked up, and all have oversized tires with aggressive tread.

It's a proven fact that out of the 700,000 white pickups on the road today, in America, over a half a million are in Phoenix. (I just made that up too; but prove me wrong)

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Cankles is all I will admit to, as a confirmed "HATER". (raises hand, Guilty as charged!) Everybody knows that she is a congenital liar.

[ July 12, 2015, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2015 05:40 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well then, that is all clear to me now. I was concerned there might be some "white pickup privilege" issues. I worry about such things.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2015 06:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've owned a blue pick-up and am now driving a red one. I guess the next one will need to be white just to keep the color scheme going.

Actually, white is `supposed` to be cooler in the summer sun down here. Not sure I believe it; metal too hot to touch is too hot to touch no matter what color it is.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2015 07:33 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, I believe that.

I know white reflects heat and black absorbs it. I used to have one of those funny gadgets that was a t-shape cross gizmo inside a glass jar. One side black and the opposite side white. The sun would make it spin, the t-shaped thing that is.

Also look at solar panels.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 02:21 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt; lighter colors reflect heat and the darker ones absorb heat.
But...........by that reasoning, the chrome door handle should REALLY reflect heat and be cool to the touch on a summer day in Tucson. Or not.

[Eek!]

Best thing to do.........Sleep during the day & BBQ out on the patio at 3:00 in the morning with a cold beverage and it doesn't matter what color the truck is in the dark.

[Smile]

Wind chimes playing a tune in the light breeze.........Check
Coyotes howling off in the wash......Check.
Lightening flashing of in the distance......Check.
Hot links are about done........Check.
Life is good.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 05:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We really need to settle this. Is white cooler, or not? Fuck Tucson, what about Phoenix Valley? Good point about chrome door handles, how do the natives open their doors? I know they all have remote start to automatically engage the refrigeration; it's little tricks like that, that make the climate bearable. That, and BBQing at 3 A.M, when it finally cools off. Just remember, it's a dry heat.

I remember being stranded at the Howard Johnson's @ Sky Harbor one time because the pilots didn't have a setting for takeoff at 123 degrees. And, that's a true story. Cut one day out of a Club Med vacation, for which they refunded $300, in credit. One more time: 123 degrees!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS $300 doesn't go very far when drinks served in pineapples, with an umbrella cost ten bucks each. I think?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 07:25 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
My opinion, yes, white trucks stay cooler. Have owned a couple white ones, blue ones, red ones, silver ones, a green one and a black one, that I can remember. Just trucks, not counting Jeeps or cars.

I do think the white helps. And I do think black is the worst.

White is also the easiest to keep looking good, it hides dirt and scratches better than any other color, in my opinion. With, again, black being the worst for showing every dirt speck and spider web scratch.

Have had one silver truck and my Jeep is silver, it's not as good as white, but a helluva lot better than black or red or blue, for staying cool and hiding imperfections, in my opinion. Not that I'd ever actually choose silver, I'd always choose white. But my Wife has chosen silver for me a couple of times [Big Grin] .

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 09:37 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, white stays cooler reflex some heat. Dark colored interiors draw heat. But the worst thing to have is a sun roof. It will just the inside up terribly.
I prefer white. Have 3 white trucks sitting in the yard. One 2wd toyota silver pickup.
Silver one of the worst colors to own as it is a special pigment and it will peel and discolor the fastest.
I've had red, blue truck even a yellow one and a orange one. I prefer white and tan type colors.
Won't own a black one period!
Prefer green or tan colored atvs. lol
Won't own a UTV and have two very bight yellow ski doo's snowmachines. lol

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 01:57 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But...........by that reasoning, the chrome door handle should REALLY reflect heat and be cool to the touch on a summer day in Tucson. Or not.
Any object is going to be at the ambient temperature at a minimum. If you put an object in the shade, and it is 95* outside that object is going to be 95. Now the blacktop out in the sun might be hot enough to fry an egg on.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 09:31 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure........People have had flip-flops melted walking across parking lots here in Arizona.
Black absorbing infra-red and all of that.
But I can assure you that a chrome door handle in the sun is going to be hotter than ambient. A lot hotter.
The question is; Why ??

[Confused]

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2015 12:20 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I meant ambient as a minimum. In direct sunlight it will gather or collect heat. White btw to my knowledge is not a real color, I have been informed that it is the absence of color.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2015 07:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to be confrontational but actually white is the presence of all colors and black is the lack of color.
Yeah, ........ it's weird.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2015 08:34 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see this site can not stay on the topic either.lol

Going in Friday for a contrast MRI to finally find out what is actually going on. Should be a fun morning then driving back up top.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a rule here. Everyday is hijack a thread day.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2015 04:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I stand corrected.
My Mentor in all things coyote & most things trivial has informed me that;

White is the presence of all colors IN LIGHT.
Ergo; Black is the lack of color IN THE ABESNCE OF LIGHT.
and
White is the lack of color IN PIGMENT.
Black is the presence of all colors IN PIGMENT.

Clear as mud, eh ??

Edit 4 Speling

[ July 15, 2015, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2015 08:00 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay...

Back to the topic at hand, or in this case Miss E's hip... like someone else I've torn the labrum in my shoulder, both actually, at least once that I know of (*probably thrashed both my hips too, who knows)... a hard life hurts.
And again as already stated, "don't do that" if it hurts, stay off it when you can, and supplements for rebuilding (chondroitin/glucosamine, jello, and even chicken broth/fat/schmaltz, are recommended).

Back to the hijack;

First and foremost, let's not confuse light and the heat it can create, with radiation.

Beyond that, on the surface, we also have to consider the colors we see (*if we use the word colors to include black and white, in this context) as "visible light" perceived by the human eye (*and then we have to consider we, humans, may not even perceive colors the same way)...

What we see as light is part of a way broader spectrum of radiation. The chrome door handle reflects, or more correctly fails to absorb, most of the visible light we see but it still absorbs radiation that is converted to heat (*which is just another form of radiation, we can't see, but some animals can... but I digress).

**Theoretically, of course, there is no condition, outside of a black hole, where the energy that light is could be "absent" and even then, again theoretically, it's merely contained, but I'm not going to discuss that, here, now. [Smile]

So, back to the guts of the matter, what color your truck is has very little to do with "how hot it is" in the cab.
Windshield angles, insulation from the outside heat, amount of radiation absorbent materials inside (*remember metal dashboards) and outside, and the "reflective nature" of a particular vehicle (*how good a wax job it's sporting)... a well waxed white hood might reflect more light into the greenhouse that a cab is, than a dusty black truck parked right next to it would... and that light is then heating "invisible" air... wait no way, air absorbs heat from light? [Wink]

If you park any truck in the sun and it's warm outside the truck is going to be HOT... the bumper, the door handles, the seat, and even the windshield itself. Duh. [Razz]

Humidity doesn't f$@#ing help, but it's the not the heat it's the radiation.

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Well.. the MRI didn't happen. Blood went crazy and it way to thin. Doc pulled off the warfrin for a few days and told me to start chowing down salads for the next 4 days. Have the MRI scheduled for this coming Tuesday. Blood thinnest jumped 2.4 (which where they want you) to 5.7 which is way to thin. Gotta love old age and drugs. lol

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, getting old is bad.........but not getting any older would be worse. [Eek!]

Personally, I'm going to live forever. So far so good; this is the oldest that I've ever been. [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 09:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just asking. The last MRI I had cost me a copay of $1600. Have these things become more ordinary and inexpensive?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS oh yeah, what is meant by thin blood? Is that based on a blood pressure reading, or what?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 11:28 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Just depends on your insurance. Mine isn't that great, but I've had two MRI's this year, first one cost me $400 and the second one cost me nothing, because I had already reached my family max out of pocket for the year ($2.5K per person, $10K whole family).

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That reminds me of something the Media is studiously avoiding telling His subjects. That in addition to jacking the premiums every chance they get, you have to satisfy a significant amount of out of pocket expenses before you are entitled to any coverage. I'm drawing a blank on what it's called but, I have heard numbers like $6500 out of pocket before any insurance coverage. I am on Medicare so I'm not up on what Obamacare is doing to His people, but that sounds to me like no insurance at all, with premiums!

But, don't forget, those poor peeps that didn't have insurance before now have free insurance! Is this a great country or what?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 02:46 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
Blood thinners, Warafin, Heperin, Plavix, etc. are anti-clotting meds when prescribed in small doses.
Warfarin in large doses is used for rat poison. [Eek!] Preventing clots and avoiding strokes & heart attacks is good. The bad part is the bleeding that won't stop from small cuts.
After I got my Stent, the Dr. had me on Plavix for 12 months. I was working a job where minor cuts on the hands were common. The procedure to stop bleeding was to spray the cut with an anti-clotting product, rub it with a Styptic Pencil, wipe it off and glue the cut shut with Crazy Glue.
I was glad when the 12 months were up.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2015 05:52 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I have good insurance.
Warfarin is the cheapest on the market. Doc wanted me to change to these new drugs but keep hearing horror stories.
I just blew it and didn't eat enough green things.
Live and learn. lol

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2015 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, when you say you have thin blood, and are on blood thinners to prevent stroke, etc., you should eat greens? The reason you know this is because small cuts bleed for a longer than normal duration?

Glad we got that solved.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS, I bought some rat poison at Tractor Supply. It is in blocks about 4X8 and they are an inch thick. These roof rats that sneak into my garage steal them. I am amazed that an 8" rat can carry off a block that size!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2015 12:05 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme get this straight..................

WD40 is `Not For Sale In Calif.` due to the Volatile Organic Compounds it contains but you can buy rat poison in block form ??????

Does Gov. Moonbeam know about this ??

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters