The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » London and Normandy vacation pics... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: London and Normandy vacation pics...
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2015 07:17 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
The Yeoman Warders (Beefeaters) have distinguished themselves in the service. Once they commit to being a Warder and set foot in the Tower of London they can never leave the grounds. They will spend the rest of their lives within the walls of the Tower. Now that's dedication.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2015 06:13 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
LB,
Just got an 'Entry Level' gun...didn't want to show up my peeps here at home!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2015 08:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So at what level shottie does one become required to wear tweeds whilst shooting ???
I mean, c'mon..........one wouldn't carry a work of art like that wearing a Hooters t-shirt ???

[Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2015 12:52 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool stuff, Tim! You know, when I was 16 I went on a 5 week swing thru Europe. My World Geography teacher put together a trip every year for a certain amount of students, and bumped their fare enough to cover for he and his wife. I've seen some of those places, and though we were in France, Normandy wasn't on the itinerary. Wish it had been. I would have been much more impressed than I was with some of the artsy fartsy places we went. Although Paris, (and every place we went), was much different from what a kid from Phoenix was used to, I don't remember it being so bad. London was the final venue of my trip, and it was nice to finally get someplace where everybody spoke my language, lol.

Highlights of my trip:
Wandering around the Coliseum, without a guide.
Being able to go into a store and buy wine. (I puked the first night before dinner.)
Seeing some kind of sheep type game on the lower part of the Matterhorn.
Dachau.
Castles along the Rhine.
Morocco. (The Casbah, WOW!!)
Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace.
Touring the Olympic Village in Munich a few weeks before the attack on Israeli athletes.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah, cost of my trip? $1200, including air, ground, and sea transportation, lodging, admissions, and 2 meals/day. I took $300 spending money with me and brought some home.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2015 01:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a brother-in-law that is a little weird. My mother-in law had hinted several times that I should take him along with me, and "expand his horizons" when she found out about the cat houses up in Nevada.

So, next best thing, she sent him with a student group on a 30 day tour of Europe. My wife was pretty close to her younger brother and he told her that he got laid over there. Must have been some kind of bet among the girls, I don't know? But, he said it was no big deal, and as far as I know, that was the first and last time he ever had sex, with another person or singularly? Now, to look at him, he's about 6'4" and dresses like the "Bounty" man, bearded, plaid shirt, some type of walking boot and jeans. But, the dude ain't right.

So Jim, anything else happen on your trip we need to know about? [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2015 11:53 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a ride back to the hotel from the Polizie in Munich one night. They sell alcohol to kids, but you still have to be off the streets by a certain time. Glad we didn't get arrested. Got kinda friendly with one of my tour mates when she invited me to her room and answered the door in bra and panties. Other than that, nope. I was 16, man. Now if I was 26, I woulda needed a lot more spending money!
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2015 07:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
At sixteen, within that scenario, if you didn't score, I'd be amazed, a mutt or not!

But, my life is littered with missed opportunities, so I shan't scorn thee.

German beer, the real stuff in wire stoppered liter bottles, scoring around 12%-13% on the alcohol meter, similar to wine. If you're not used to it, can knock you on your ass.

Last time I was over there, I purchased the glass on every beer I drank; stuffed them in my laundry and, flying home, not a single one broke. In Kaiserslautern, the local beer is "Parkbrau", for instance.
 -
I am so stupid, can't figure out how to turn a photo, but screw it!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 11, 2015, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2015 08:12 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up in an old version of a ‘bi-lingual’ household, only it was German. My mother and father were born in the early 20’s and could not speak English when they started school in the late 20’s.

I took German 3 years in high school and I think around 15 hours in college. I used to be pretty fluent, and am passable with my 92 year old mother, and all of the other German folks around my home town. It came in pretty darn handy on our 3 day stay in Cologne, Germany on our recent trip.

Most of the older generation of German folks around Russell and Ellis Counties in Kansas had made ‘pilgrimages’ back to the areas of Germany where our families originated. They lived in Germany before they were offered free land by the Tsar's wife, Catherine, and then most moved to the Volga Region of Russia. That is where my all of my grandparents were born before they immigrated to the USA in the 1890's and in the early 1900's.

I always heard stories of how good the beer was from these folks as they related the trips to my mom and dad.

Fortunately, I got to experience the beer first hand when our high school German class took a 14 day trip to Germany in the spring of 1979. We got to spend a week with a German family, and the other week was spent touring in Germany, with a 2 day stay in Munich.

In Munich, we were able to visit the famous Hofbrau Haus. I still have my one liter mug I drank out of…the beer was so smooth, it really snuck up on a person…especially when that person was only 17 years old!

The other place we visited was called the Augustiner Kellar…I actually thought their beer was better than the Hofbrau Haus.

You haven’t seen anything until you see an extremely pretty, blond haired, blue eyed, busty maiden carrying 3 one-liter mugs in each hand…you fall in love with the beer and the girl!!!

[ July 13, 2015, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters