The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Met somebody..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Met somebody..
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 04:17 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Famous..Lol

Well, I'm working the ol' parts counter. I look up and there's a guy in a cowboy hat, kinda sweaty. Thought he looked familiar ?

He needs a hub for a hay rake. I needed to order, so I ask what's your name.

He says Butch. I finish by saying Otter. He says yep. Well that's our Governor..

Ya never know who your going to bump into.

[ June 30, 2015, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 04:26 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
If our Governor walked in he would get his ass beat.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 04:33 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
cool

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 04:34 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be danged...

At least he ain't above fixing a hay rake or above making a parts run. I'm afraid many of the elected officials nowadays haven't broke a true sweat or fixed anything in many years, if ever...

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've never been real sure what to think of ol' Butch ? He does ads and such sometimes with a cowboy hat.

Figured he was dimestore cowboy. Seemed like a pretty good guy. I treated him like everybody else though. A farmer walked in @ the end and Butch knew his name. I'll give him a lot of credit for that !

I'm not sure who was fixing it, Lonny. He knew it was an old side delivery rake though. Again, credit due !!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 07:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to picture Gov. Moonbeam in a cowboy hat but that Y-M-C-A thing keeps kicking in.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2015 09:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That son of a bitch! I got a notice of his mandates for saving water for the Sacramento smelt! Only water two days a week and somebody here was right, no filling the pool! You wouldn't believe the fines! My lawn is already dead.

But, I'm already pissed at him for delaying the extension of the 210 freeway for almost thirty years! That bastard!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31466 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 04:54 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
That is pretty cool! My wife and I were at a conference in Boise in 2009 and 'ol Butch led off the conference with some thoughts.

I really liked the fact he was down to earth and approachable. I think he said he was a 3rd or 4th generation rancher?

Guess he likes his whiskey as well...seemed like a cool guy!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 04:21 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tim. Rumor has it he like his booze. I remember when he was LT governor, he got picked up for a DUI.

I don't love or hate the guy. But, he's human like the rest of us. And doesn't appear to put himself on a pedestal above everybody else.

His wife came and picked up the part today. I was kinda' thinking don't you guys have people to do this stuff ? Lol

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Butch better hurry and get his haying done. Harvest is starting here... Earliest I've ever seen it start. Took this just a bit ago from across the road from my house

-

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 06:02 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic, Lonny !!

Combine in action !! Just the wrong color. Lol

Yeah the heat has definitely pushed up harvest dates, thus far.

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 06:16 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well if it makes you feel any better, he was cutting awful slow and broke down several times...

Joking. [Wink]

They did have a Big Green tractor and bankout wagon though, so the farmer must "identify with both races" of equipment.

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2015 06:52 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny !!

Honestly, I hope that's a great Combine for that guy. Otherwise he's calling some guy @ the Case dealer & talking to some dipstick like me ?

One other thing. I picked up from the picture. There is something about the Palouse country, that I like. Just something about it ?

[ July 01, 2015, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters