The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 100 degrees (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 100 degrees
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 8 posted June 09, 2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sorta...It's 98 @ the airport right now. Sooo, I'd guess 103-105 in town.

No Beuno'

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2015 08:26 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that climate is something that you have to be born for. Some people in the far North think nothing of - 60* in the winter. Some people just love the Pacific North Wet with it's 65 inches of rain a year. To me, 100* is no big thing.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but, I sure appreciate it when it cools down to 95deg. after midnight.

Here's the thing, Dave. It's all mental. The Phoenix locals keep blabbering shit like; "It's a dry heat" and, "Get up early and enjoy the morning!" See, it kinda fries the brain, and when that happens, it's exactly like the frog that sits in the pan while you bring it to a boil. All in all, hard to believe.

Heat or no heat, them seniors still manage to take advantage of the early bird specials at Denny's, Sun City. It's truly, a different world.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Or, in koko's case, him and Sneaky Pete take advantage of the specials at The Pink Taco when he's in town.

[ June 11, 2015, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2015 06:16 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
It got to 99 here yesterday and we only had about 40% humidity. Can't wait till summer comes.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 25, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing Jim, Koko, and Fur, are gonna' laugh @ me ? It's too early this year !!
http://www.weather.com/weather/aler ts/localalerts/l/USID0025:1:US?phenomena=HT&significance=Y&areaid=IDZ014&office=KBOI&etn=0001&tid=625921

[ June 25, 2015, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 13 posted June 25, 2015 07:35 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Ten day.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USID0025:1:US

I'm not one to complain though !!

[ June 25, 2015, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 03:12 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Getting hot here too. Century mark this weekend. I like hot better than cold, but I kinda shut down when it gets this hot.

Spent last weekend in Moab though - it was around 105* all three days, so I've had a good taste of it already.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 06:15 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Was 97 yesterday and I'm at 7000 ft. Gotta be a lot hotter down in the valleys.Yup, can't wait for summer to hit.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 06:50 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Gonna be 106 here today. Just right.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 07:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Was 108 in Yucca Valley yesterday. Of course, with temperatures like that in The People's Republik, it comes with fires. Always something.

If this GLOBAL WARMING shit keeps up, our weman will be clamoring to go topless, and you know how I feel about that. When you've seen one set of boobs, <shrug> you wanna see 'em all. Females always like to show off the "girls", and we should be understanding in that regard. Note: grandma, you can go ahead and keep your shirt on. We can imagine when they used to be perky.

Where was I? Supposed to be 95 today in Upland; sweater weather. I just don't think it's fair that the whackos can claim every conceivable weather event as proof of GLOBAL WARMING, or their "fall back" position, Climate Change. Everything proves it when you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Make some Sun Tea

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 08:11 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
98 here today and 100+ tomorrow. Hot for western Oregon but not unheard of.

I like the sun tea idea. It's going out right now. Too hot to sit out on the patio to drink it but it's cool in the house.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 08:29 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it has been warm here and expected to get warmer. I will try and stay at 9000 feet as much as possible for the foreseeable future.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 08:29 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey........It's getting down to 100* at night, here.
Had a lightening storm last night. Pretty awesome.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, glad to see everyone's enjoying the weather !!

This just moved up the wheat harvest here. They normally don't start until the last week of July or so. Most guys are gonna' start after the 4th.

Yes, been selling combine parts all week. Of course in some ways, it's kinda nice to get it out of the way..Lol

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2015 07:33 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Wheat harvest in full speed ahead mode here, although not as strong as in the past. Lots of rain the past few weeks and still waiting for fields to dry in the lower parts, moisture levels to drop in the wheat itself. We had a couple days this week that were 101-103 with 25 mph south winds. Good for harvest. Not so much for the mailman.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2015 07:08 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
No wheat being harvested here yet. Some of the fields are still showing some green. However the grass seed is being harvested about 3 weeks early. The harvesting raises a lot of dust and particles from the grass making it impossible to keep a vehicle clean. Next comes the plowing which replaces the grass particles with pure dirt. But I opted to live in a farming community so I guess I can't gripe.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2015 07:18 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
High about 80 today I'm told, more rains tomorrow and more rivers will flood.

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2015 07:44 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Im a Yeti Coolers dealer, been selling the shit out of em soon as it started getting hot.

Mark

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeti huh ?

We brought in some coolers called ICEBIN. I'm not sure who bought them ? we only have one now. Probably employee's. Looks like a cheap Yeti ?

[ June 27, 2015, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2015 05:24 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I was selling Icebins as well, yes, a Yeti knockoff.
Mark

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted June 28, 2015 06:26 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
We just got about 2" of rain in the last half hour. Cooled down to 76 though.

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2015 06:40 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Officially 111 here yesterday. Set a record for that day.

The temp at my house, which is a little lower in elevation than from where the recorded temps are taken, was 113.5 with 10% humidity. So it's a dry heat. They always say that's a good thing, I guess?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2015 06:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here in bucolic and peaceful Yucca Valley, this is day three and it's been partly cloudy the whole time, keeping the temperature below 100. This means the deserts are heating up and drawing marine air inland, and that's where we're at. Since YV is high desert surrounded by low desert. And, now since I am a homeowner, I need to promote the virtues, such as the are. And, it's not as hot as Palm Springs, but more "affordable". Since we have such a pleasant blend of retirees and welfare and a few scattered military types. Could be worse; could be like Hesperia and Victorville. I remember fifty years ago, they were practically giving land away in Hesperia. People walked away, property wasn't worth the taxes they paid. Now it's one of those places with no central planning, horses and chickens next to developments of 4 and 5 bedroom homes built for commuters to Los Angeles. The rationale being, we can buy a 4 bedroom house here, or a two bedroom house fifty miles closer to work. Who cares that it takes two hours to get to work and gas is $3-4 a gallon. Welcome to urban sprawl.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: forecast is for only 93 today, wear a sweater!

[ June 29, 2015, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
110 here yesterday. I called back to Kansas to order a part this morning. I told the guy we hit 110 degrees.

He's like I had no idea you guys got that hot !!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted June 29, 2015 08:08 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you mentioned throwing on a sweater? Last night when the outside temps had dropped to the upper 90's, my wife was sitting on the couch reading with a blanket over her!

With the AC on, the house was at 75 degrees. The outside temps were still bumping a 100 though. Something is just plain wrong with using a blanket when the outside temps are that warm... I think she is part snake?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters